Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

Chatter on Twitter this morning is that the talks between Winnipeg and Buffalo for Kane are really heating up.

It may be spiteful, but I'd much prefer to see Kane get traded to a rebuilding team like Buffalo then get rewarded and traded to a contending team in the off season.

Of course the best deal for the Jets trumps all that....

Urgh... I hope Chevy doesn't get too enticed by what Buff is offering. *If* the rumoured packages being offered are true... 1st, prospect (Armeia, Grigorenko?), Stafford/Stewart... imagine what the offers would be like come the draft!

Personally, I think the "we won't get as much for Kane now" worries may have been a bit overblown (especially given the whole Kane scenario is so fresh).

Bottom line, how serious can you consider offers from 1 (maybe 2 or 3 teams tops) now vs 29 other teams at Draft Day.

The good news is hearing about a team like Buffalo almost desperately wanting Kane and then you hear Arizona is in on it too.  That indicates teams bidding each other up.

I would suspect that the Jets have guys they want and will make the deal THEY want even if we fans disagree.

Like someone else said, spiteful maybe but I'd rather send Kane to Buffalo than Arizona.  Though the attitude in Arizona would probably to make Kane a better player.  I would assume he'd be looking to get out of Buffalo at his earliest convenience though the Sabres have money so watch him sign a massive contract in three years.

If it's Tyler Myres I'd think we add a D to the deal.  I think someone else suggested something like Kane, Burmi, Postma for Stafford, Armia, Myres, 1st.  Could we sweeten the pot slightly and get Stafford AND Stewart, giving us a big help this year?  if we land Myres without a major D going the other way it means someone is getting traded this summer (like Bogo).  On the other hand, would we swap Bogo right now?  He's from Buffalo.  Kane/Bogo for Myres+????

Urgh... I hope Chevy doesn't get too enticed by what Buff is offering. *If* the rumoured packages being offered are true... 1st, prospect (Armeia, Grigorenko?), Stafford/Stewart... imagine what the offers would be like come the draft!

Personally, I think the "we won't get as much for Kane now" worries may have been a bit overblown (especially given the whole Kane scenario is so fresh).

Bottom line, how serious can you consider offers from 1 (maybe 2 or 3 teams tops) now vs 29 other teams at Draft Day.

It depends.  If the Jets have a price and a team meets it, why wait?  You cant discount the potential of desperation.  Bob McKenzie basically said this too when he said Vancouver would be very interested this summer but if they *really* want Kane, they might have to give their best offer right now.  So if teams really covet Kane and feel the Jets are likely to deal now (for help this year) then they gotta do what they gotta do.

Would Vancouver risk losing a player they really want because they think they're a playoff team right now?  To what end, to lose in the first round?  if they want to subscribe to the "anything can happen in the playoffs" mentality, imagine getting to May and having a healthy Kane come off the IR...

Also, Im sure those teams interested have told the Jets what they'd be willing to do this summer.  The Jets will know if they should wait or not.  If they get a sweetheart deal now, take it.  a team like Buffalo is likely happier to be moving assets for an injured player.  The last thing they want is to trade their assets for other assets that help them win games right now.  Losing Stafford/Stewart/Myres for someone that isnt playing and you have to replace those guys with AHL'ers?  Perfect.

hearing the deal being framed between #nhljets and #sabres is multi-player on both ends. So E Kane and more from Winnipeg

— gary lawless (@garylawless)

February 11, 2015

Wonder if Bogo goes back to the Sabres if Myers is involved in the trade.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

Im not very knowledgable about Myres.  Someone who knows, give me the details on him versus Bogo please!

hearing the deal being framed between #nhljets and #sabres is multi-player on both ends. So E Kane and more from Winnipeg

— gary lawless (@garylawless)

February 11, 2015

Wonder if Bogo goes back to the Sabres if Myers is involved in the trade.

He better not. The centre piece is Kane. if Kane and Bogo are involved I walk away.

Absolutely. If that's the ask, then the answer has to be 1st overall. And that ain't happening.

Thing is if we get Myers there is a huge glut of RH d men. So something has to give.

Bogo and Myers are about the same age and similar contract. One year less on Myers but his contract was front loaded so his later years are cheaper then his cap hit.

Myers probably has an edge offensively. The X factor is his size. He is like 6'6 or 6'7. But right now weighs about the same as Bogo. People have long wondered if he cal fill out does he become a Chara.

Chara wasn't the player he is today until 27 / 28

Myers is 6'8", 227

Bogo is 6'3", 215

Myers is considered a great skater, can play in any situation and has offensive upside.

They are both 1990 birthdays.

Very intriguing.  I would strongly suspect if its multiple players with Myers in the mix that it has to be Bogo being talked about.  Too obvious with it being Buffalo (essentially Bogo's hometown).