Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

Maybe this will humble Kane and he will grow up and be a team player? Maybe he will think he is the top star in Buffalo and will cause major issues if they draft McDavid since he won't be the superstar.

I'm sure the club will be happy to rid themselves of a problem child and that they can finally stop having to discuss with the media about the stupid things he would do.

ha ha just listening to TSN 1290 and some guy started talking about the supposed alleged drug issues with a certain player we traded today and boom he was cut off and shut down. And rightly so.

It was too bad that he made that stupid comment about the drugs as he was on a good story about how much Dale Hawerchuk has been helping the Jets with advice on young players, and how much he loves Brendan Lemieux. He was saying that Hawerchuk is higher on Lemieux than he was on Scheifele. Anyway, it's funny to note that 24 years ago Dale Hawerchuk was traded to Buffalo in a blockbuster trade, that brought the Jets Phil Housley and ultimately Keith Tkachuk in the 1990 draft, a deal that shaped the Jets for a lot of the 1990's. So it sounds like Dale was instrumental in the Jets getting Lemieux in this deal. We'll see how that works out, but this deal may shape the Jets for the next 10 years too.

Im VERY excited about Armia.  Everything you read sees him have a chance to be a top quality player.  Saw somewhere he was graded out as a 3rd line guy.  But everywhere else they used the term almost elite.  Comparing him to Selanne...well if there is anything there beyond both being Finnish, thats a win.  Let's assume Armia grew up as a Selanne fan, might like Winnipeg.  Chevy said he spoke to him and he was excited.  I like hearing that Don baizley was his agent (same as Teemu) and spoke highly of him.

Another telling comment from Chevy was that they want their development prospects to be "over ripe" before making the jump to the NHL.  This tells me fans will be screaming for guys like Armia, Lemieux, Petan, Ehlers before maybe we get to see them.  Nothing wrong with that.

If the Jets do re-sign Stafford and Frolik it makes the RW pretty loaded without factoring in any prospects.  I would think we resign one of those guys but not both.  Still weak on the left side.  If Ehlers can make the team next year, that certainly helps (Ehlers-Lowry-Frolik) is a good third line.

The Jets and NHL have a huge brand to protect, they want zero scandals and everyone associated with them to protect that image.

Do you really think that the NHL is the only league where young guys with millions of dollars are clean as a whistle?

The ufc is in full blown crisis mode, the NFL is almost there, mlb has been fighting this for decades... But no its impossible that good old hockey players aren't in that same boat.

The NHL and True North have done a much better job protecting the image of the brand would be the real answer.

Deleted a bunch of posts in here regarding the rumors of Bogosian.

Thought it would just die on its own, but apparently people like to keep arguing rumours that they themselves posted as probably being false.

It is one thing to have open discussion on a message board, it is quite another to propagate unfounded rumors and gossip.

Thanks shanks!

Glad we can have open discussions as long as they follow the opinions of the mods on here!

I wasn't aware that we can rip on Kane , the Riders, Joe Mack or anyone not on the blue or Jets but if we bring up topics that do have a hint of truth about our guys we have to put our heads in the sand.

Or we can have mods who mock or rip on fellow posters because they disagree with none of those posts or threads deleted.

This feels like ob.com 2.0 at times.

I like the site but remember the downfall of ob was partially because of mods trying to shape all discussions to whatever they want to hear.

I don't see the parallel at all to OB.

There is far more leniency on here compared to several sites, but you have to remember, everybody has their edges when it comes to defining what goes and what stays.

I happen to agree with their edges…you apparently don't.

As far as shaping discussions to whatever the mods want to hear…I call BS to that.

Im VERY excited about Armia. Everything you read sees him have a chance to be a top quality player. Saw somewhere he was graded out as a 3rd line guy. But everywhere else they used the term almost elite. Comparing him to Selanne...well if there is anything there beyond both being Finnish, thats a win. Let's assume Armia grew up as a Selanne fan, might like Winnipeg. Chevy said he spoke to him and he was excited. I like hearing that Don baizley was his agent (same as Teemu) and spoke highly of him.

Another telling comment from Chevy was that they want their development prospects to be "over ripe" before making the jump to the NHL. This tells me fans will be screaming for guys like Armia, Lemieux, Petan, Ehlers before maybe we get to see them. Nothing wrong with that.

If the Jets do re-sign Stafford and Frolik it makes the RW pretty loaded without factoring in any prospects. I would think we resign one of those guys but not both. Still weak on the left side. If Ehlers can make the team next year, that certainly helps (Ehlers-Lowry-Frolik) is a good third line.

It puts the Jets in a better position in the off season to pick up a guy or two to fill out the roster.

I assume next season Morrissey makes the jump so maybe we dump off Postma and maybe we drop Frolik and Stafford and sign a LW with the extra cash.

Morrissey is a LD I believe.  its good depth

LD:

Enstrom

Chiarot

Stuart

Morrissey

RD:

Buff

Trouba

Myers

Postma

Keep in mind Buff is a final year player next season.  Hopefully they lock him up long term.  After all, he DIRECTLY impacted this trade.

I would say they resign Frolik but having Stafford around maybe gives them options.  Burmi is coming back to the NHL this summer and since the Jets havent traded him (yet) I would suspect Chevy liked him...and maybe knows something we dont.  Burmi back for 2/3LW would be excellent.

The Jets and NHL have a huge brand to protect, they want zero scandals and everyone associated with them to protect that image.

Do you really think that the NHL is the only league where young guys with millions of dollars are clean as a whistle?

The ufc is in full blown crisis mode, the NFL is almost there, mlb has been fighting this for decades... But no its impossible that good old hockey players aren't in that same boat.

The NHL and True North have done a much better job protecting the image of the brand would be the real answer.

Give it a rest already!

Lemieux senior….. I seem to recall that he was really tough, and a bit of a s##t disturber. Am I remembering right? A guy who really annoyed other teams?

If that's right, maybe his son has a bit of that in him…..

Re: deleting some comments….. I really like the idea of deleting posts/comments that refer to things about people/players/ anyone… that are unproven. i.e. malicious gossip. If that's what was done,

good.

Lemieux senior….. I seem to recall that he was really tough, and a bit of a s##t disturber. Am I remembering right? A guy who really annoyed other teams?

If that's right, maybe his son has a bit of that in him…..

Re: deleting some comments….. I really like the idea of deleting posts/comments that refer to things about people/players/ anyone… that are unproven. i.e. malicious gossip. If that's what was done,

good.

Apparently that's exactly how his son plays.

If he's like his dad then he replaces a couple of Jets...Thorburn and Peluso.

I remember Claude Lemieux as being a real agitator (and a dirty player) who really got under his opponents skin. The kind of player you love if he's on your team, but think he shouldn't be in the league if he's not. I remember when he played for the Avalanche and hit Kris Draper from behind, face-first into the boards causing serious injury. He became public enemy #1 in Detroit. He did have offensive talent though and always came through in the playoffs.