Evander Kane & Bogo Traded to Buffalo

Rich

Can't see trading Enstrom for Myers since Enstrom is a LHD and there is no reason to trade our BEST LHD right now.  The plan has to be to get Buff back on D which means if Myers comes here, one of Bogo, Trouba, Postma is going the other way (and Postma wasnt playing when Buff was on D so it has to be Bogo or Trouba and it isnt Trouba).

Can't see trading Frolik.  Buffalo doesnt want to get better right now especially with a rental.  They have no use for him.  Even if Frolik walks this summer, consider him a "free" rental for us right now.  He's the type of guy we NEED in the playoffs right now.

If they trade Bogo there is the risk of upsetting the chemistry but 1) we dont know the chemistry in the room and I *think* Bogo is one of Kane's friends, though I only think that from seeing them hanging out a few times) and 2) if you subtract Bogo from D and add Buff & Myers, is that worth the risk?

Myers is compared to Chara.  Bogo is a good D.  Myers could be the type of D that wins you a series.

It is indeed....

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 21s22 seconds ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Good God!  This sort of thing doesnt happen in Winnipeg!  lol  WOW exciting.

Here's some info:

Brendan Lemiuex:

6'1".  209lbs.  18 years old.

Fantasy Outlook: B- : Top nine agitating skilled winger capable of producing upwards of 50-60 points and he should fill up the penalty minute and hits columns.

Plays like his father.  Drives opposition crazy.  under-rated offensive upside.

Joel Armia:

6'3", 187.  21 years old   Finnish.  RW

Has good size for the National Hockey League game, plus the soft hands and instincts of a natural sniper. Knows where to be in score goals and also has two-way upside.  Talented scoring winger with upside.  Already drawing comparisons to Finnish great Teemu Selanne, Armia possesses a similar scoring touch, though not to the same degree.

Im beginning to like the sounds of this deal...

Not a fan of this deal.

Kane is already gone.  So if you're not liking it because of losing Bogo, what exactly dont you like when you see prospects like the ones rumoured?  That potentially gives us a very talented 3LW and a potentially elite scoring 2RW.  PLUS another first round pick AND a Chara-like massive D man.  Not to mention makes us better right now with Stafford.  I love Bogo, but there is nothing to dislike about this deal in my opinion.

Would Armia come to Winnipeg or go to St. Johns

Would think St John's right now though he's 21.  if he cant make the Sabres why would he make the Jets, but you never know.  Fans will love the kid.  a Finnish player compared to Selanne? 

This is a great deal (if it happens) for both teams.  Buffalo gets a top forward, a top D and potentially Burmi?  They just moved their rebuild ahead by two years.  If it happens....

Jets get help NOW and my goodness, with guys like Ehlers & Petan coming up, this is really really exciting for our future.

Myers and Bogo both have no trade clauses.  Myers kicks in AFTER next season.  Bogo kicks in...at some point but not right now.

If Kasdorf gets the deal done, great option for Jets since they dont need him.  Also intrigues me that Burmi isnt involved...supposedly Buffalo was close to trading for him two years ago, assuming they'd still like him, means the Jets want to keep him (or see his value higher than Buffalo). 

if this happens, I will say this about Chevy - he took a Thrashers team with not much in the cupboard and re-stocked it incredibly well in a very short period of time.