Free agency news

BigBlue

Can't see the need for Sheets here.

MAYBE he can carve out a role as a change of pace back. He's got reliable enough hands, but he isn't different enough from Cotton to warrant it here. It's not like he's a Stef Logan type who extended his career by becoming a complimentary back.

MAYBE he can carve out a role as a change of pace back. He's got reliable enough hands, but he isn't different enough from Cotton to warrant it here. It's not like he's a Stef Logan type who extended his career by becoming a complimentary back.

If Sheets comes here he will be the primary back, he's proven.

If Sheets comes here he will be the primary back, he's proven.

Not anymore he's not. And that's what the concern is.

He's a 30 year running back who played VERY well in his last stint in pro ball. But he's coming off a torn Achilles (which does heal strong) and he hasn't played ball in a year after being in NFL shape instead of CFL shape.

If that's proven, I don't know what unproven is.

I find it funny how a "name" made in seasons (sometimes many seasons) past can still trigger the we gotta sign him crowd. While I agree, the gamble is low.. He won't come cheap and he is damaged goods. I don't see us as needing to gamble like that as our running game isn't a focal point of the offence. If we were realllllly wanting to go run heavy then I'd bring him in and cut him if it didn't work out but realistically, we need a decent RB who can block and catch.. We don't need an all-star who will command big bucks and lotsa touches..

The best way to improve the running game is to improve the offensive line rather than paying an older injured runningback. Good news is that Kyle Walters seems to agree with that sentiment. 

Technically Sheets is still under contract with Oakland as of today. NFL free agency will start tomorrow I believe.

The best way to improve the running game is to improve the offensive line rather than paying an older injured runningback. Good news is that Kyle Walters seems to agree with that sentiment. 

Technically Sheets is still under contract with Oakland as of today. NFL free agency will start tomorrow I believe.

Tomorrow 4pm EST.

@PentonKirk: @garrettbillan1 Talked to Curran last week. He's prepared to wait for an NFL chance. Grant has a couple offers, but obviously wants more.

@PentonKirk: @garrettbillan1 It sounds like Grant will be staying in the East Division. That's the impression I got.

Coupled with character issues comment coming from coaches now.... Another reason to not get into mix..

@sportscage: Corey Chamblin tells the SportsCage there were "character issues" with Kory Sheets around his departure from SK

Probably anal aperture issues.

Anal what???

aperture - hole

Personally I think Chamblin is just being Chamblin. If he has a problem with a player's "character issues" then why is Taj Smith still on their roster.