Do the Bombers REALLY sit on announcements?

BigBlue

Just another thing worth noting - I think it may have been mentioned already - but I'm pretty sure Darren Cameron was on holidays last week. Could explain the lack of an announcement. They'll want him there to coordinate a presser for sure.

What kind of half wit team would allow holidays for their PR guy? Sounds like a second rate organization to me. Why is there no back up plan for PR for when Cameron is on vacation? Why would they go scout the senior bowl on a week they could have been announcing Hall? Don't they respect the fans wishes about knowing what's going on?

I am, of course, being sarcastic.

From this morning:

@garrettbillan1: @garylawless Richie Hall announcement this week?

@garylawless: @garrettbillan1 not sure. bombers coaches and managers all in mobile for senior bowl

Saw this too.

@bgranke: @garylawless where are the Bombers at with a DC?

@garylawless: @bgranke i believe they have a deal pending with Richie Hall. just a formality of announcement

Another thing to remember, the CFL Congress is here this week - Jan 20 - 23 with the Coach of the Year luncheon on the 21st.

Honest Question. No sarcasm or bs like my last few posts in this topic.. Why does it matter when they announce who the DC is? 

Honestly, why do a few of you care so much? Does it really bother you that much? Or.. I'm just curious as to why a few people can't wait until they announce it. 

I understand it's the off-season and people want news, i get that. I get that maybe because of Stubler last year saying thanks but no thanks people might be getting a bit antsy but other than those 2 reasons, why the rush? Why the need to know? The people that matter all know already. 

I just don't get why it's such a big deal if they announce it today tomorrow a week from now or even a month from now. 

Before people say but a month from now, free agency will have passed, yes but last year technically ETCH wasn't named DC until after the free agency period. 

Nothing unusual in the Ritchie Hall announcement ... little if any "sitting" I suspect

Just curious, what contents of an announcement would have made you thought them to be unusual and that would have led you to believe there was "sitting".

I really don't know if the Bombers were sitting on the announcement or not.  But I'm not sure how the contents of that announcement could lead you to believe they delayed it or not.   There really is no link between the two.  It isn't like they are going to say we signed him last week but our PR guy was on holidays so we waited until today to announce it.  Just not how things work.

Just the other day I was sent a calendar that outlined the best days to release news. It'd be interesting to see that matched up with how CFL teams do their media releases. Generally putting things out there Thursday and Friday from 1pm to 3pm Central time things will get better responses than at any other time during the week (until people get onto this and flood those days with info and then it'll switch again). 

Very interesting stuff:

http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/01/12/best-days-times-to-post-youtube-videos-yearly-calendar/

As a member of the Communications staff at the Bombers, I can tell you that we do not use a specific calendar to determine when to issue releases.  There are a number of factors that have to be considered as far as when a release is sent out, every single one is different.   

I can't speak for other teams in the CFL, however.  No idea what they base their release dates on.

sigh.....

Just the other day I was sent a calendar that outlined the best days to release news. It'd be interesting to see that matched up with how CFL teams do their media releases. Generally putting things out there Thursday and Friday from 1pm to 3pm Central time things will get better responses than at any other time during the week (until people get onto this and flood those days with info and then it'll switch again). 

Very interesting stuff:

http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/01/12/best-days-times-to-post-youtube-videos-yearly-calendar/

As a member of the Communications staff at the Bombers, I can tell you that we do not use a specific calendar to determine when to issue releases.  There are a number of factors that have to be considered as far as when a release is sent out, every single one is different.   

I can't speak for other teams in the CFL, however.  No idea what they base their release dates on.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to answer a question for those interested in the minutia of their favourite football team...

...is something a non-horrible person might say