Mo Price to Ottawa for Jasper Simmons

Mike

LOL Desjardins.

This guy has to be one of the worst general managers in pro sports.

He scouts Eric Rogers out and then cuts him, leaving him free to go to Calgary.

Rogers turns out to be such an impact player in Calgary that he steals Mo Price's job.

What does Desjardins do? Trade his best player from 2014 for Mo Price.

LOL

thanks for getting the site back up and running....whew.......and yeah, what a *****. **** Desjardins, not because of what he's doing to Ottawa, but for making one of our rivals that much stronger. As if Huff needed the help...

Ottawa has little to no chance of improvement next year. This trade is absolutely horrific considering the contract Price has and that Simmons is a better player than a HEALTHY Price, never mind an injury Price on a bloated contract. Then there's the whole Eric Rogers factor as well, oh man Ottawa needs to clean house and we're not even into their second year of existence yet.

What an odd trade, saw it on twitter and laughed. Most Valuable player and most valuable defensive player for a guy who is injured lots. Just what the heck was my thought. The one player i really noticed on Ottawa last season was Jasper Simmons. What a brutal trade really. 

Don't get me wrong, Price is a very talented receiver and he will help the REDBLACKS offence.  I just don't like that they gave up their best off-season find from last year.

Agree.   It's like taking one step backward for every step forward .. the idea is to build on and improve the base that's already there .. I'm not a DeJardins fan by any stretch but for the health of the league I want that Ottawa team to see success and I don't see this as helping the situation any.

What is Desjardins doing?  Like really?  He makes this move NOW?  Not even an attempt to get receivers in free agency before he gives away one of his best players.  I fear for Ottawa, I really do.

This is what screams out the most to me…you could have spent Mo Price money on a good FA receiver, and kept a key part of your defence.

This smells of over-purchasing again without the need.

Over-spending on Burris, without acquiring a decent receiver, hurt them then, and Desjardins is simply compounding that mistake now.

Oh Marcel, I love you. Don't ever change. Any bandaids we can send them for a young player full of potential??

Our opportunity to ditch Kuale for something of value? Let's get to MD while he's still high on the ether...

Oh Marcel, I love you. Don't ever change. Any bandaids we can send them for a young player full of potential??

Our opportunity to ditch Kuale for something of value? Let's get to MD while he's still high on the ether...

Send Wade Miller and Desjardins is likely to mistake him for Poppin' Fresh. He owes his robust physique to his tubes of triple bleached goo.

I recall when the Desjardins to Ottawa rumours started and some media members continually brought up how Hamilton wasn't his fault, more so too many hands in the cookie jar within the Ticats organization. So I figured, hey maybe it was a one off and Desjardins learned some new things from Popp, however the past year and a half have continually shown Desjardins to be the worst CFL GM at least in the last 20 years. Trading for Price for Jasper Simmons is beyond stupidity, especially because Price probably would have been cut during training camp and Ottawa could have had him at a cheaper price without losing their defensive and even overall team MOP.