Former Bomber QB LeFors

Rids

He's coaching in Louisville and they finished 10-2 this year reaching the State quarter finals. They were 6-0 in district play. 

I always felt that he got short changed in the CFL working with OCs that didn't adjust for a left handed QB. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/lefors-taking-cal-football-to-new-heights

He's coaching in Louisville and they finished 10-2 this year reaching the State quarter finals. They were 6-0 in district play. 

I always felt that he got short changed in the CFL working with OCs that didn't adjust for a left handed QB. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/lefors-taking-cal-football-to-new-heights

He got short changed here working with an OC that didn't adjust for the end of the last millennium.

Kind of surprised to see so many people say they felt bad for the guy.  I remember people absolutely hated him. Obviously not here, as this website did not exist.  But I felt like I was shouting into the wind when I would point out that he had actually looked good at the beginning of the season before his shoulder injury that he'd tried to play through.  After that it didn't look like he could hardly throw at all.

I hate to admit I was one of the people booing the LeFors jersey give away. As I recall, the crowd was already booing the offense as they slinked off the field after another pathetic attempt to move the ball... then came the poorly timed announcement of the LeFors jersey giveaway and the booing just intensified. It was pretty clear that, at the time, the crowd was blaming LeFors (or LeForskin, according to some peoples modified jerseys). I always thought that LeFors got a raw deal, with his contract restructured mid-season and being blamed for the failures of an offense featuring frequent hand-offs to Brock Ralph. He was just one of many people who paid for Mike Kelly's mistakes.

Lefors played under one of the most outdated offences to hit a CFL field. However, his accuracy was also INCREDIBLY bad. I think it was the 2nd game in 2009 and in the first or second quarter of that game he was so rattled that he threw five straight passes that missed the mark so bad that it was beyond belief almost. They were all short patterns, the receivers were open, and he skipped 3 of them a full 5 yards before the receiver and overthrew two quick outs sailing the ball 15 feet over the receivers head. I still remember that to this day because I was literally shocked at what was going on. I thought that maybe he was playing with a broken hand or something.

He was ultimately the biggest victim of Kelly's policy to NEVER use a shotgun snap no matter what. He just couldn't get the timing down and he wasn't quick enough in his drop back to see over the OL.

Lefors played under one of the most outdated offences to hit a CFL field. However, his accuracy was also INCREDIBLY bad. I think it was the 2nd game in 2009 and in the first or second quarter of that game he was so rattled that he threw five straight passes that missed the mark so bad that it was beyond belief almost. They were all short patterns, the receivers were open, and he skipped 3 of them a full 5 yards before the receiver and overthrew two quick outs sailing the ball 15 feet over the receivers head. I still remember that to this day because I was literally shocked at what was going on. I thought that maybe he was playing with a broken hand or something.

He was ultimately the biggest victim of Kelly's policy to NEVER use a shotgun snap no matter what. He just couldn't get the timing down and he wasn't quick enough in his drop back to see over the OL.

I vividly remember at the time on ob.com it was clear by the fans and media that the issue was the receivers running the complete wrong routes and that Lefors was throwing balls away because the plays were busted from the get go.

Nobody understood the offense and Lefors simply was avoiding the turnovers.

Widener Pride lose a home playoff game for the first time.

Mike Kelly sounded off afterwards about Eagles HC Chip Kelly visiting Linfield (Oregon team) during the week.

"Make sure you put in the paper that we thank Chip Kelly and I hope the Seahawks do well tomorrow," Widener coach Mike Kelly said. "He was helping them out. Maybe somebody in Philadelphia ought to buy him a map so he knows where he lives now. But, go Seahawks."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/20141207_Widener_crushed_in_playoff_quarterfinal__coach_rips_Chip_Kelly.html