GDT: Bombers vs Stamps

Jpan85

Can we get to 9 wins next year and challenge for a playoff spot? I think so.

And that's what it's all about - Progress. Whether the absent minded want to believe it or not, we made great strides this year considering where we were at this time last year. No reason to believe we won't do the same again next season.

Stepping away from the vitriol here for the moment, it seems to me that things started going downhill for this year's team when the O-line performance started to deteriorate about game six. I think O'Shea, Belllefeuille and Walters bear responsibility for not realizing or not reacting better to the problems there when they were becoming painfully obvious to almost everyone. Losing Moore was even more damaging because it happened at the same time Willy was becoming worn down by the beating he was taking, and finally, opposing offensive coaches figured out how to beat Etch's defence. Etch's defence worked until the weaknesses in the D-line and linebackers became obvious and all the stunts and confusication stopped fooling everyone.

But if it makes you feel better to slam me then go ahead, Sky is blue my friend, and the 2nd half was the second half. Just stating facts.

But that's the thing KK. 

You're not stating facts…you're stating your opinions.

Would there naturally be a certain let up when the score is up? Sure there would.

Would Jones allow letting up because of circumstances?  Not a chance.

This is the same team who, on 3rd and 2 went for the 1st down, despite having a huge lead.

They were stopped, but how is that letting up? 

Did they let us stop them?

Nobody wants to get beat at whatever position they play.

Edmonton's front 7 did not want to let up. They have stats to pad and bonuses to reach and plenty of rolling to be done.

Brohm's release in that game was just enough to beat the oncoming rush, or did they let that happen too?…starting in the 2nd half.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe…because "you saw it live."

I'll hang in here and believe what I see too.

As to getting hammered, i'm more than capable of taking care of that myself.

No Mr.Dee. Is English not your first language? I don't know how to explain it to you, and frankly, if you didn't see it, there's nothing I could say anyway.  I left with 10 minutes left in the game. It's a simple word, look it up, it's called 'intensity. Eskimo offense had zero intensity in the second half. Oh, and Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tom Brady missed their flight, that's why Bowman, Reilly, White, et al were still in the game. Are you serious? And yes, I already said the defense didn't let up so I guess English isn't your first language after all, you can't follow a post

Your anger, as always, is overblown and greatly misplaced.

Both of the above posts make me think the bombers yet again snuck into iso and krunchs house and upper deckered their toilets and peed into their corn flakes.. The ire and anger is so bewildering.. We are in the midst of a rebuild and we HAVE improved over last season.. Why not just sit back and watch the procedure do its thing without acting like a jilted boyfriend..

I thought we had been rebuilding for the last 10 years. One question: When you rebuild something don't you get the misfires at the beginning of the experiment and not the other way round?

To me most Eastern teams in their rebuilding program sputtered like an old Model A at the start of the year but got their shat together while we have gone in the crapper. Every new guy starting with Kelly had a great rebuilding plan but by the time they got fired we were not better off.

Take the Bombers right now and put them all on the open market. How many other than Willy would get picked up? We do not have a very good team and rebuilding with most of them is a wasted exercise.  This is an opinion but based on a 5-1 start to a 1-8 current. Don't you think people have a right to be disappointed? You can only fool people so many times. I'm not about to blame O'Shea because I don't know how much he relies on the coordinators and don't know how much control they have but in the end he's the one who will take the heat.

No Mr.Dee. Is English not your first language? I don't know how to explain it to you, and frankly, if you didn't see it, there's nothing I could say anyway.  I left with 10 minutes left in the game. It's a simple word, look it up, it's called 'intensity. Eskimo offense had zero intensity in the second half. Oh, and Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tom Brady missed their flight, that's why Bowman, Reilly, White, et al were still in the game. Are you serious? And yes, I already said the defense didn't let up so I guess English isn't your first language after all, you can't follow a post

Pick and choose what you want to from my posts if it makes you feel better, but facts are still facts and opinions? Well they're still just opinions.

Yeah you know what? I was at the game last week too and the esks intensity didn't really dip until the fourth when everyone was just going through the motions. Don't listen to the guy who downplays everything the bombers ever do and over hypes the esks to ridiculous levels. Remember he was talking **** about the bombers pregame warmup let us not forget

Sure it wasn't, but I'm not mad about it. I'm an adult, so I'm rational and see the big picture. If I was your age, and has as much rage over sports teams, I'd likely be dead from stress....

I've had more years of frustration than you, Noeller. The losing becomes ingrained in your psyche after awhile. I saw the ugly late 60's & brutal early to mid 70's. You may have just saw the mid 90's under Reinbold which is bad enough but throw in the Zaleski era, the late Jim Spavital era & early Bud Riley era ike I experienced & you may feel differently. I may never see another Blue Bomber Grey Cup championship team in my lifetime & I was 35 when they won the last one. I figured it was going to be the continuation of a great run started by Kindly Cal in 1984 & we'd be celebrating five or 6 more wins by now. 

And that's what it's all about - Progress. Whether the absent minded want to believe it or not, we made great strides this year considering where we were at this time last year. No reason to believe we won't do the same again next season.

Exactly.. We HAVE improved at some key spots... QB looks very promising, Lirim is getting better and better and our secondary is mean.. Do we have a lot of work ahead still? Yup. Doesn't mean we have to fold tents and start lighting torches as some here want to do..

Whatever SPudS, give me a break. If anyone is rinse repeat it's you. I've been posting here & at the old site & your Modus Operandi is like an old broken record that is continuosly stuck.... You say the same things over & over again ad nauseum. You go after anyone who dares criticize or ask questions even if they are good fans. How dare anyone criticize or ask questions in your mind. You remind me of a lemming who'd gladly jump off the cliff with your way of thinking.

No, I don't think the Three Wise Men have done a great job this year & I'll stick by that. They've all made their share of mistakes & maybe have found out that they didn't have all the answers like they thought they did a few short months ago which is a good thing. Nothing like a bit of humble pie to make you a better person at your job. Your criticism & cheerleading isn't going to change my mind on that. I also said that I'm frustrated but that I wasn't advocating their firing as they all deserve another off season & at least half of next season to right the ship to turn things around. You don't like that, well tough.

You are clearly delusional as I've rarely if ever "gone after" anyone this season.. I've been optimistic and continued to look for the positives in the sea of negatives. Not my fault you chose to dwell on all the downer side of things day in and day out.. It must be miserable, being a fan like you are.. Constantly hating everything you see and hear.. Dragging on your conscious and all that..

Couldn't and wouldn't want to support any of my teams that way..

For the record, and I've gotten into it with other fans myself, and I don't think losses for what they are should be sugar-coated, but people really need to be careful about calling coach supporters cool-aid drinkers or cheerleaders.  I think what some believe is that if we're gonna build a team regardless of who's coaching, we gotta take our lumps in order to do that, doesn't matter who the coach is because that will happen.  I also think when things go wrong, there are possible other solutions to fix them besides just a "fire everyone" approach, and this is what I think some of us are looking for.

Whatever SPudS, give me a break. If anyone is rinse repeat it's you. I've been posting here & at the old site & your Modus Operandi is like an old broken record that is continuosly stuck.... You say the same things over & over again ad nauseum. You go after anyone who dares criticize or ask questions even if they are good fans. How dare anyone criticize or ask questions in your mind. You remind me of a lemming who'd gladly jump off the cliff with your way of thinking.

No, I don't think the Three Wise Men have done a great job this year & I'll stick by that. They've all made their share of mistakes & maybe have found out that they didn't have all the answers like they thought they did a few short months ago which is a good thing. Nothing like a bit of humble pie to make you a better person at your job. Your criticism & cheerleading isn't going to change my mind on that. I also said that I'm frustrated but that I wasn't advocating their firing as they all deserve another off season & at least half of next season to right the ship to turn things around. You don't like that, well tough.

You are clearly delusional as I've rarely if ever "gone after" anyone this season.. I've been optimistic and continued to look for the positives in the sea of negatives. Not my fault you chose to dwell on all the downer side of things day in and day out.. It must be miserable, being a fan like you are.. Constantly hating everything you see and hear.. Dragging on your conscious and all that..

Couldn't and wouldn't want to support any of my teams that way..

Well, how funny is this?? Here's SPuDs who absolutely hates anyone here who criticizes the team & can be very insulting & condescending to people he doesn't agree with complaining when he's called out??? LOL! Look in the mirror pal before you start complaining. 

The Bombers only had 4 penalties in this game and no wonder O'Shea says some of them..aren't penalties.

Although the interference penalty in the end zone was legit, that play likely isn't even tried without the terrible UR call against Jones.

Jones was practically tackled on that play, fell over and tried not to land on the Calgary player.

And, that call on big Louie Richardson for the arm tackle, 'scuse me, that's football. Right across the chest. bad call.

​Calgary is the better team, there is no doubt…but it was nice to see them worry a little bit out there. 

Exactly.. We HAVE improved at some key spots... QB looks very promising, Lirim is getting better and better and our secondary is mean.. Do we have a lot of work ahead still? Yup. Doesn't mean we have to fold tents and start lighting torches as some here want to do..

The problem with you Spudsy is you fail to cast a critical eye at any of the area of the Bomber team whether it be a position on defense, offense or special teams, or a position in coaching or upper management.  It's all sunshine and rainbows with you.  For whatever reason you don't seem capable of offering even constructive criticism of the team, even when it is warranted.  And you like to dump all over people who remain skeptical about this organization's ability to improve over the long term...even after the debacle that was Joe Mack - 1 season of improvement followed by 2 seasons of regression worse than the Kelly year.  I guess lesson not learned.

The team has improved in some spots - starting Qb, backup QB (although limited sample size there), kicker/punter, and secondary.  However, the team has become WORSE at other areas - defensive line, linebackers, special teams, O-line, Canadian depth.  That last one hurts because we do not have one impact Canadian on this team.  Watson is another year older, none of our Canadian o-lineman are good or even above average when compared to others around the league and the one dominant Canadian we did have last year went to the NFL.  When you don't have at least one impact Canadian on your team you will probably not make the playoffs let alone compete for the Grey Cup.

You tend to only highlight the positives of this team and ignore the negatives and that's your prerogative, but don't expect everyone to follow your line of thinking.  All the comments about how things will get better are rather eyeroll-inducing, especially when you constantly stick to the same refrain over and over.  Keep doing that and next thing you know you will become this forum's version of Aardvaark.  I'm sure you don't want that do you?

The Bombers only had 4 penalties in this game and no wonder O'Shea says some of them..aren't penalties.

Although the interference penalty in the end zone was legit, that play likely isn't even tried without the terrible UR call against Jones.

Jones was practically tackled on that play, fell over and tried not to land on the Calgary player.

And, that call on big Louie Richardson for the arm tackle, 'scuse me, that's football. Right across the chest. bad call.

​Calgary is the better team, there is no doubt…but it was nice to see them worry a little bit out there. 

Agree on Jones, that was a BS call.

But the arm tackle was high and needed to be called. Coulda really hurt someone with that tackle.

Overall, much better, probably because of no Kuale.