GDT: Bombers vs Stamps

Jpan85

We're playing for respect today, and for many, an invite to training camp next year. I'm hoping that Brohm looks able to handle the pressure and that maybe we will get to see Marve in game conditions. To earn the respect, we will have to hold Calgary to less than 100 yards rushing, and less than 250 passing. I have no illusions about winning the game, but maybe the O-line will look better and our receivers will look at least average, giving Brohm some quick-look targets in the short and intermediate zones. Oh yes, and 2 or fewer sacks.

The last time BLM came to Winnipeg, Calgary was well prepared and shredded Burke's defence while Burke was standing there saying"say what!"

Last game, our D game plan was hooped within the 1st few series, and we had no answer 'til the half.

I'm hoping we have a better plan this time, to at least make Calgary work for their points. We'll need it.

As to beating Calgary? Why not?

All's we need is a few misses, here and there, a few turnovers…our way, Cornish..to be less ish, and close enough for the game winning FG, with Brohm to play a solid game.

That's not asking for too much…now is it?

And no, I haven't started early.

It's crazy how excited I was for the game yesterday. And how 'meh' I am to go to tonights Bomber game. This team is and franchise is more disappointing than anything I can humorously drum up. I guess I'm excited to see the new stadium, but even if the Bombers stun the Stampeders it's not like were making the playoffs. I'm more excited to go to Alycias Ukrainian deli, in other words.

The last time BLM came to Winnipeg, Calgary was well prepared and shredded Burke's defence while Burke was standing there saying"say what!"

Last game, our D game plan was hooped within the 1st few series, and we had no answer 'til the half.

I'm hoping we have a better plan this time, to at least make Calgary work for their points. We'll need it.

As to beating Calgary? Why not?

All's we need is a few misses, here and there, a few turnovers…our way, Cornish..to be less ish, and close enough for the game winning FG, with Brohm to play a solid game.

That's not asking for too much…now is it?

And no, I haven't started early.

Well, good to keep the optimism. But, just to set the record straight - bombers didn't do anything to stop the Eskies last week. The Eskies stopped themselves. Totaly different game in the second half - Eskimos were going through the motions. They were still playing hard on D yes, but offensively, they mailed it in. Trust me, if they wanted to, they could have put up another 30 points in the second half, easily

This game, Calgary wants to clinch first place, and the Wpg locker room is imploding. I really doubt Nick Grigsby was a 'loner'in the locker room. Tonight we'll find out who his 'friends' are. 

I just don't want to see anymore blowouts. That's Tim Burke football. MOS promised competitive teams night in and night out, and mostly delivered all season until recently. Here's hoping we at least get back to being respectable and not the laughing stock. I have enough of that with my Oilers...

I'm just numb as a fan. We were puffing our chests out earlier this year when we had 5 wins thinking this team may be on its way to great things finally & now??? It's the same old crap we put up with before. I don't care if they lose today as the season is done. I'm angry at Miller & Walters for a lot of things. Lots of big talk & promises were made to us & it turns out to be nothing but lip service which we bought into hook, line & sinker. And MOS came in here with a huge chip on his shoulder acting like he had all the answers. I'm beginning to think the rookie triumvirate aren't any better than the regime they replaced. Our OL is as bad as I've ever seen it. They can't seem to fix it. I'm tired of hearing 'it'll take years" when I see other teams having success. Our International recruiting hasn't brought us enough quality players. We're back to having no respect across the league. We are the league doormats. Ottawa with 2 wins has more respect than us. I'm not advocating firing anyone... YET. I'll give these 3 big talkers until LD 2015 before I start screaming for heads to roll. They deserve one more off season to see if they can right this team & half of next season.

Well, good to keep the optimism. But, just to set the record straight - bombers didn't do anything to stop the Eskies last week. The Eskies stopped themselves. Totaly different game in the second half - Eskimos were going through the motions. They were still playing hard on D yes, but offensively, they mailed it in. Trust me, if they wanted to, they could have put up another 30 points in the second half, easily

This game, Calgary wants to clinch first place, and the Wpg locker room is imploding. I really doubt Nick Grigsby was a 'loner'in the locker room. Tonight we'll find out who his 'friends' are. 

Well, I for one, am so glad you've set the record straight. 

Now I can make my half time adjustments, knowing, in my heart, it won't do me any good.

It's nice that the Eskimos went through the motions and left their #1 QB in there to continue getting hit and abused.

Kind of foolish though.

I guess that's why they kept going to Bowman…to ease him out of the lineup and wean him off setting any records.

Good plan.

I guess Thanksgiving Day WAS aptly named after all.

Well, I for one, am so glad you've set the record straight. 

Now I can make my half time adjustments, knowing, in my heart, it won't do me any good.

It's nice that the Eskimos went through the motions and left their #1 QB in there to continue getting hit and abused.

Kind of foolish though.

I guess that's why they kept going to Bowman…to ease him out of the lineup and wean him off setting any records.

Good plan.

I guess Thanksgiving Day WAS aptly named after all.

Mr Dee, I was at the game. Do you need to be hit in the head with a hammer or something? You can say anything you like. Today, the sun is out, when I look outside, the sky is blue. Ok, post back and lets hear a sarcatic comment on that. Did you listen to the post game show here? Or are you in Winnipeg. Were you looking at the bench? Or were the TSN cameras not showing it. If you think for one second that the Eskimo offense was playing with even half the intensity that they were playing with in the first half, then you are just kidding yourself, and the sky in your world is yellow with a blue sun then. 

But if it makes you feel better to slam me then go ahead, Sky is blue my friend, and the 2nd half was the second half. Just stating facts.

Your anger, as always, is overblown and greatly misplaced.

Frustration more than anything, Noeller... Just seems like more of the same. If I saw this team losing but improving I'd feel different as there'd be hope for the future. I just get a sense that by game 9 next season the death watch will be on like it was in 2013. I know this is a negative post but we've all seen this before. And truly, truly I hope I'm wrong. Look on the bright side, I'm not advocating any firings just yet. 

Both of the above posts make me think the bombers yet again snuck into iso and krunchs house and upper deckered their toilets and peed into their corn flakes.. The ire and anger is so bewildering.. We are in the midst of a rebuild and we HAVE improved over last season.. Why not just sit back and watch the procedure do its thing without acting like a jilted boyfriend..

But if it makes you feel better to slam me then go ahead, Sky is blue my friend, and the 2nd half was the second half. Just stating facts.

But that's the thing KK. 

You're not stating facts…you're stating your opinions.

Would there naturally be a certain let up when the score is up? Sure there would.

Would Jones allow letting up because of circumstances?  Not a chance.

This is the same team who, on 3rd and 2 went for the 1st down, despite having a huge lead.

They were stopped, but how is that letting up? 

Did they let us stop them?

Nobody wants to get beat at whatever position they play.

Edmonton's front 7 did not want to let up. They have stats to pad and bonuses to reach and plenty of rolling to be done.

Brohm's release in that game was just enough to beat the oncoming rush, or did they let that happen too?…starting in the 2nd half.

Go ahead and believe what you want to believe…because "you saw it live."

I'll hang in here and believe what I see too.

As to getting hammered, i'm more than capable of taking care of that myself.

Both of the above posts make me think the bombers yet again snuck into iso and krunchs house and upper deckered their toilets and peed into their corn flakes.. The ire and anger is so bewildering.. We are in the midst of a rebuild and we HAVE improved over last season.. Why not just sit back and watch the procedure do its thing without acting like a jilted boyfriend..

SPuDs as usual you can be such an ass. But carry on. BTW, I don't hold it against you as you just can't help yourself. 

SPuDs as usual you can be such an ass. But carry on. BTW, I don't hold it against you as you just can't help yourself.

And i wont hold it against you that you are incapable of not responding with a condesending or insulting reply.. Its all you know, "bombers suck and the positive fans are idiots/asses.." Rinse, repeat..

Keep on keeping on mr.fairweather.. Oh, wait.. Nevermind.. Even when things look good, yer still doom n gloomin'

Sure this season has been frustrating at times, but aside from the last couple games, it's at least been competitive. This team, when healthy, competes with anyone in the league. It's clear they want to play for MOS, and it's clear that when healthy, Willy is going to be an elite performer.

Progress is being made, people are learning from mistakes, and next year will be even better.

The faithful will be rewarded...

Whatever SPudS, give me a break. If anyone is rinse repeat it's you. I've been posting here & at the old site & your Modus Operandi is like an old broken record that is continuosly stuck.... You say the same things over & over again ad nauseum. You go after anyone who dares criticize or ask questions even if they are good fans. How dare anyone criticize or ask questions in your mind. You remind me of a lemming who'd gladly jump off the cliff with your way of thinking.

No, I don't think the Three Wise Men have done a great job this year & I'll stick  by that. They've all made their share of mistakes & maybe have found out that they didn't have all the answers like they thought they did a few short months ago which is a good thing. Nothing like a bit of humble pie to make you a better person at your job. Your criticism & cheerleading isn't going to change my mind on that. I also said that I'm frustrated but that I wasn't advocating their firing as they all deserve another off season & at least half of next season to right the ship to turn things around. You don't like that, well tough. 

Sure this season has been frustrating at times, but aside from the last couple games, it's at least been competitive. This team, when healthy, competes with anyone in the league. It's clear they want to play for MOS, and it's clear that when healthy, Willy is going to be an elite performer.

Progress is being made, people are learning from mistakes, and next year will be even better.

The faithful will be rewarded...

But I'm sure you understand the frustration people have. I bet it wasn't fun sitting in CWS for you & 17. I've been there, done that at Mosaic & it's not great.