QB Status - Willy to Start Saturday

BigBlue

Moore is a definite no go as is Vega. Renaud back and Wild possible. Also Johnny Sears in for Bruce Johnson, who suffered a heel contusion in the BC game...

You forgot Neufeld, remember him???  He occasionally plays a game now and than but make no mistake he is going to be a cornerstone of the Bomber all Canadian O-line well into the future.  In 2013 Kyle Walters went down to the cross-roads and made a deal with the green-horned devil to ensure it.  (This is not criticism just apathy mixed with disgust which is often mistaken for criticism). 

I'm afraid we have almost no chance of beating anybody sans Ottawa without Willy in the lineup.

Kevin Glenn would sure look good in Blue and Gold right about now.

Hamilton is coming on and Collaros is proving to be more effective than Willy.

Ricky Ray sure would look good in Blue and Gold right about now! 

Hamilton is coming on and Collaros is proving that if he gets any sort of pressure on him and if he is forced to throw from the pocket that he is absolutely useless. 

Buggered his foot... Maybe turf toe or something.

Crap.... (Shaking my head)...

Moore has a high ankle sprain. Turf toe was his previous unjury that he already returned from.

I'm not a doctor, but aren't those both injuries that tend to linger for a whole season?  Too bad, but lots of players have the odd season plagued by a couple injuries. I'm expecting that's what this is, and am not on board with everyone declaring him the "new Buck Pierce".  Seems we do that a lot here.  To me, only Cory Watson has reached that level of fragility on the team so far.

And I fully expect Willy to play next weekend at this point.

Well, the turf toe Moore already returned form so I assume that one is healed.  High ankle sprains can be longer, depending on the severity.  From what I’ve seen they are typically 3-6 week injuries. 

With Willy practicing today, I am cautiously optimistic he might actually play this week, but I also think this might be some mind games being played by the Bombers, so the Ticats won’t know which QB is starting.  Realistically, if Willy is back next week I’d be ecstatic, based on how the injury initially looked. 

Well, the turf toe Moore already returned form so I assume that one is healed. 

It's almost impossible to have turf toe heal while playing a sprinting sport, more likely it's at a tolerable pain level.  I got by by taping my toe to the next one with the help of some padding in between them to create rigidity.  Won't be better till the offseason, but if it's splinted right it's unlikely to get too much worse.

I'm afraid we have almost no chance of beating anybody sans Ottawa without Willy in the lineup.

We don't really know what we have yet with Brohm.  I'll go into the game cautiously optimistic. 

I hope you're considering that we could very well be in position to be tied with BC if we manage to pull this game out. Unfortunately, I fear that Brohm is more similar to Mike Quinn or Tee Martin then any competent backup. 

We have to hope our current management are better at evaluating QB than what was happening then. Should you be right it will be another long day and more trolling from the inbreads.

We have to hope our current management are better at evaluating QB than what was happening then. Should you be right it will be another long day and more trolling from the inbreads.

I hate it when the McGavins and the Dempsters troll this site....just want to turn them into toast...

Well, the turf toe Moore already returned form so I assume that one is healed.

It's almost impossible to have turf toe heal while playing a sprinting sport, more likely it's at a tolerable pain level. I got by by taping my toe to the next one with the help of some padding in between them to create rigidity. Won't be better till the offseason, but if it's splinted right it's unlikely to get too much worse.

I haven't personally examined his toe. What I meant was that he returned to play following the turf toe injury.

Coach did say on his show that Willy says he'll be alright, and that was from the hospital bed with intravenous lines in both arms.

But all kidding aside, Willy would play if he was given the choice, he just wants to.

Don't know if there is an actual injury there, but he must be as sore as hell.

Do we want him in there? Sure do. Maybe if he's just sore and not injured. It is his throwing arm after all.

I have the feeling that if Willy does throw today, and is somewhat successful, O'Shea will let him start.

Just hope it's not based on a premature evaluation.

I swear Willy is as tough as nails.

Based on what? (Serious question). 

I'm pretty sure he's basing it off the hits and the beatings Willy has taken yet he still comes back to play.  So he's either playing hurt, or he's takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  Either way, I'd say he's pretty freaking tough considering how some QB's fold.