QB Status - Willy to Start Saturday

BigBlue

Why? Wait another week... Sigh. We are going to kill this guy. 

Ill go one better.  They should never let Willy play again.  Thats the only way to ensure our starter never gets hurt.

Come on... obviously his injury is not something that can be aggravated by playing.  The way I heard it explained, its all about pain management and Willy is able to play through the pain due to guts and, presumably, injections.

Hey if the safest way to have sex is abstinence the safest way to play football is not play football.

Even abstinence is not 100% safe. Apparently there is a credibly reported case where pregnancy occurred without sex.

yeah but I don't think many people believe that story......

Ill go one better.  They should never let Willy play again.  Thats the only way to ensure our starter never gets hurt.

Come on... obviously his injury is not something that can be aggravated by playing.  The way I heard it explained, its all about pain management and Willy is able to play through the pain due to guts and, presumably, injections.

Ever see North Dallas Forty...

I think Willys injury was minor and i think some are over exaggerating the extent of his injury.  It's not like he got Lulay'd or anything, he got a sprain, believe thats what they called it at least, a sprain. Basically the best type of shoulder injury you could have. Think if we had a game last week, Willy wouldn't have played but i think the extra week really helped his recovery out. Not sure what the guy did during the bye week but my guess, bust his ass hardcore so he could be recovered in time for the next game.  I highly doubt the team or Willy himself would risk significant long term damage, I mean, if it was as bad as some think, don't think he'd be playing so it was obviously a pretty minor injury. 

are you a doctor? Did you examine him?

I'm sure they aren't risking his long term health for a non divisional game.

Yeah... the bombers have never done that with QBs... 

Who did the bombers do that too in the past? Pierce? he was healthy, just prone to injury. Not like the bombers knew he'd get hurt, probably thought he might cuz he had a history of being hurt quite often, but Willy doesn't and Honestly, i doubt the coaches/trainers thought Buck would be hurt as much as he was. He's the only recent qb i can think of who they might have played when he was a little banged up but never with a serious injury, just minor ones, if you can suck it up and play, the football rules seem to say.. YOU PLAY!!  And the other thing is, every football team in every league in the world (north america lol) do the same. If your starter is ready to play and he passes all the stuff he needs to do, that guy will play. Don't matter if it's the Bombers or the Steelers or the Saints or Lions(both CFL AND NFL) , if their starter gets hurt, he's back the second he's deemed ready even if some of us outsiders don't think he's ready and that's what we all need to remember, we are outsiders, they didn't say much about the injury at all, believe they said Sprain, that's it, any legit doctors in here? what the **** is a sprain really? Sounds minor. Dont matter if its drew willy buck pierce peyton manning ricky ray, name a guy, matt stafford, the second he's deemed ready by those with more knowledge about the actual injury than we have, He plays. It is what it is. If it was major, he wouldn't be playing. 

Coach O'Shea is on record as saying one of his responsibilities as head coach is player safety, he takes that part of his job seriously. He's a players coach and theres no doubt in my mind that if Drew wasn't ready O'Shea's sitting him. He understands the consequences of putting him in too early, both to the player and the long term success of the team. The decision to play him is a joint one, team doctors, the player and the coaches. There is plenty of daily discussion and communication , they evaluate, they watch him in practice, review the film and if he can't perform to the expected level he sits. Zero chance they are pressing him into action before he's ready. At this point in the season very few players are playing without bumps, bruises and a few sore moving parts.

So what happens when Collaros kicks our ass and Hamilton wins in our barn in a walk with Drew at QB? I say , season is over. I know a lot of people will be saying no and all that stuff, but bottom line boys is WITH Willy we are ONE and FIVE in the last six. We lose this game with Willy, stick a fork in the bombers, they are DONE