QB Status - Willy to Start Saturday

BigBlue

I'm afraid we have almost no chance of beating anybody sans Ottawa without Willy in the lineup.

We don't really know what we have yet with Brohm.  I'll go into the game cautiously optimistic. 

I hope you're considering that we could very well be in position to be tied with BC if we manage to pull this game out. Unfortunately, I fear that Brohm is more similar to Mike Quinn or Tee Martin then any competent backup. 

I'm afraid we have almost no chance of beating anybody sans Ottawa without Willy in the lineup.

We don't really know what we have yet with Brohm. I'll go into the game cautiously optimistic.

I hope you're considering that we could very well be in position to be tied with BC if we manage to pull this game out. Unfortunately, I fear that Brohm is more similar to Mike Quinn or Tee Martin then any competent backup.

Yes I fully understand the importance of the game. But what options do we have? Our starter is injured so the backup starts.

We don't really know what we have yet with Brohm.  I'll go into the game cautiously optimistic. 

Quinn wasn't a terrible qb though... he just screwed himself over when he tried to be a hero rather than listening to the coaches. 

Kevin Glenn would sure look good in Blue and Gold right about now.

Hamilton is coming on and Collaros is proving to be more effective than Willy.

I think we've had enough "what if" threads.

It is not a what if.  These are cold hard facts. Glenn despite the hiccup against Toronto (no shame in losing to Ricky Ray) is more than a servicable back up who was available and Collaros is looking good since his return.  Don't get me wrong I think Willy could be a star once he gets more experience  but the fact is we are facing a hot qb on Saturday and before his injury Willy was cooling off.

It is not a what if.  These are cold hard facts. Glenn despite the hiccup against Toronto (no shame in losing to Ricky Ray) is more than a servicable back up who was available and Collaros is looking good since his return.  Don't get me wrong I think Willy could be a star once he gets more experience  but the fact is we are facing a hot qb on Saturday and before his injury Willy was cooling off.

"facts" Willy was still playing fine, but other parts of the team were starting to falter and the level of competition rose in addition to I think a bit of complacence on the Bombers part. Glenn was a non starter, the price was too high when Willy was on board. 

If you legitimately think Collaros is a better QB than Drew Willy, I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are watching. Aside from being more mobile there is not one thing he does better than Willy. When you consider how many second and long situations Willy is faced with on a game by game bases (which gives the opposition essentially free reign to tee off on him) it's amazing he's been able to do what he has up to this point. Willy is more accurate, has a stronger arm, is way better at reading a defence, and his mechanics are far and away better than Collaros could ever hope to have.