LDC Injuries

gbill2004

Based on my account, these are the injuries from the LDC:

Nick Moore: left the game in the 4th quarter with a leg injury.  I was at the game and it looked like a hammy or quad injury, which could be a 3-4 week injury.  But could also be a bruise which would be less time missed.

Drew Willy: ankle injury that looked like it could have been much worse.  I was thinking he could be out for the season with how it looked.  Willy is such a warrior.  Doug Brown speculated that it was a high ankle injury and that Willy's ankle will balloon up with swelling in the next couple days and he could miss a couple weeks with the injury.  His ankle looked fine to me and seeing him run in for that TD lessened my concerns about him playing next week.  Willy could have taken some pain killers so who knows.  We will have to wait and see on this one.  My prediction is Willy starts the Banjo Bowl.  Love the comment he made that unless he's on a stretcher, he's playing.

Ian Wild:  I didn't even realize he was injured until after the game.  He'd be a big loss.  Anyone know the status of the injury and what he injured?

Kashawn Fraser:  Also looked like a leg injury.  Vega could step in if he's out for a while, but that really cuts the DL depth pretty thin. 

Nic Grigsby:  Left the game for a few plays but I believe he returned, so I assume nothing serious.

On the coaches show, O'Shea said Willy got x-rays today but he expects Willy to play this week. Kashawn Fraser will be out a few weeks so Willy Moseley is being brought in. Ian Wild has a stinger on his shoulder and likely won't play this week. O'Shea said he was very upset about play Wild was injured because Rider lineman held him really bad. Kromah will play if Wild can't go.

I don't know how in hell Willy's still functioning. I don't wanna play the Nate Card here, but have some concerns he's just freezing everything and doing some long term damage to himself by playing through really serious injuries rather than letting it heal up first...

On the coaches show, O'Shea said Willy got x-rays today but he expects Willy to play this week. Kashawn Fraser will be out a few weeks so Willy Moseley is being brought in. Ian Wild has a stinger on his shoulder and likely won't play this week. O'Shea said he was very upset about play Wild was injured because Rider lineman held him really bad. Kromah will play if Wild can't go.

O'Shea should be upset. No, he ought to be mad as hell- Wild was held and while he was held, Allen put a helmet into Wild as Allen went by. Sask got a TD and took the Bombers' best defender out at the same time.

If Willy's high ankle sprain is stable, he's not risking much.  It's just going to swell a lot, which could hurt his ability to move.  If it's stable it's more a matter of how much pain he's willing to play with.  If it's unstable there's no chance he'll play and he'll need surgery.  But he also wouldn't have been able to finish the game in Regina if it was unstable, so I think we're pretty safe to assume his leg bones are secure and it's a stable high ankle sprain.

willy just had a sprained ankle apparently, those things are day to day. I've had a couple from playing hockey, one day it's fine, the next day you can't walk, i'm sure if the hockey i played was in the pros and i was being paid to do it, i could have taped it up too  and played but it wasn't right. 

Why not bring a Alex Hall, Garrett McIntyre or Phillip Hunt instead ?

Are they ready, willing and able to play a CFL game this Sunday?

Are they ready, willing and able to play a CFL game this Sunday?

um... there is only 1 way a pass rusher should play, right? go to the QB as fast as you can. :lol:

I'm hoping both Neufeld and Goosen are back then move Jones to RT and sit Howard.

Wouldn't mind seeing Jones at RG and Neufeld at RT...  but keep Jones in there either way.

Let Neufeld play the RG since he's been comfortable there plus he's knees will be more stressed playing the tackle spot.

Jones should be the RT for a while now. I'm hoping he made some impression on the coaches that he deserve to start.

Somehow, I can't see Kuale and Kromah better in any way than Wild and Kromah. Looks like its going to be a long game for the run-stoppers and the Sask O-linemen and their running backs have to be drooling. But Coach O'Shea says that he's not concerned......

What exactly do you want him to say?  Whomever plays has to step up and make plays it is really that simple but you can't expect a coach to throw his players under the bus.

Somehow, I can't see Kuale and Kromah better in any way than Wild and Kromah. Looks like its going to be a long game for the run-stoppers and the Sask O-linemen and their running backs have to be drooling. But Coach O'Shea says that he's not concerned......

What exactly do you want him to say?  Whomever plays has to step up and make plays it is really that simple but you can't expect a coach to throw his players under the bus.

Sorry... after having Tim Burke as a head coach the expectation is that our HC will throw players under the bus... we're still in an adjustment phase  ;)

I would prefer some honesty from O'Shea and have him say that the running game and run defence both are sub-par and need to get better. Pretending that all is well when pretty much everyone sees the problems is an insult to the fans. He doesn't have to throw players under the bus by naming names unless all else fails, but candor would be appreciated by fans and media- we've been fed enough BS by previous regimes.

I would prefer some honesty from O'Shea and have him say that the running game and run defence both are sub-par and need to get better. Pretending that all is well when pretty much everyone sees the problems is an insult to the fans. He doesn't have to throw players under the bus by naming names unless all else fails, but candor would be appreciated by fans and media- we've been fed enough BS by previous regimes.

no we haven't, everyone loved Burke being honest in the media but the team didn't play for him, at least the team plays for O'Shea. Here's the thing we all need to keep in mind, with good coaches what they say in the media doesn't matter it's what they say behind closed doors that matters and honestly I have 100% trust in Mike O'Shea coaching this football team. I will disagree with some of the little roster decisions he makes, but in terms of having his team ready to play the game? No worries there. The way this team bounces up on the mat and comes up swinging so many times this year I will never question what he's doing to motivate his charges. 

...and why do we always equate shitting on the team as "being honest"? What if his positivity is honestly how he feels? Just because he disagrees with you doesn't mean he's lying. So many people on this board can't even wrap their head around the idea that maybe they don't know as much as the pros who run this team...

No complaints about the way O'Shea's turned the team around or his winning percentage so far.  I'm happy we signed him, but...  His 'What Me Worry' schtick got lame months ago.  I've stopped watching his press conferences because there is no information being given out.   Injured players are 'not that bad' or 'a week away' or 'I don't know'.  Problems like our run defense aren't problems.  Losing streaks aren't losing streaks.  Winning streaks aren't winning streaks.  Big games aren't big games.  He won't even say who the starters are.  Personally, I'd like some actual honesty and no, that doesn't mean throwing players under the bus.

What does it matter what he says? You've already pretty much said you are only going to believe the things he says that fall in line with your own beliefs. Anything else will be dismissed as rhetoric.

I prefer a coach who entertains through the product on the field and not his press conferences.

Welcome to the current age of sports...