LDC Injuries

gbill2004

I like O'shea as a coach, he's done more good for sure but the one criticism i'd have of him is his loyalty to veterans who don't produce. Kuale and Bryant being 2 examples. Although I'm sure he's listening to his coordinators here quite a bit too. But maybe he shouldn't. 

This sort of thing is what got a good coach (Dave Ritchie) fired.

I like O'shea as a coach, he's done more good for sure but the one criticism i'd have of him is his loyalty to veterans who don't produce. Kuale and Bryant being 2 examples. Although I'm sure he's listening to his coordinators here quite a bit too. But maybe he shouldn't. 

Bryant certainly not the long-term answer to our receiving problem but he's the best journeyman we have right now and still might be capable of delivering a solid outing if Willy drills the ball into his facemask. Moore seemed to get open a lot but his ball-handling abilities are highly suspect. Romby also drops the odd one when he tracks back after gaining 1st down yardage and tries to turn an 11 yd gain into an 8 yd gain. At least Watson, Guardino, Denmark, etc. seem to know how to fall forward and maximize gains. Romby and Moore (particularly Romby) have developed nasty habits of thinking their 4.8 speed legs can out run 4.6 and 4.7 guys with the advantage of closing angles!

This sort of thing is what got a good coach (Dave Ritchie) fired.

Little bit of difference there, O'shea is a rookie head coach, Ritchie was not. O'shea will learn from his mistakes. I think what people need to remember is we have a rookie head coach who will make mistakes at times, maybe he's playing those guys over other guys because they are actually better options, really hard to sit here, don't care if you go to a practice or not, none of us are in the meeting rooms or the film study rooms, none of us have any clue as to why they make the decisions they make but you can believe this, you can bet your butt that they are making those decisions because they feel it gives them the best chance to win. 

Yup Ritchie lost his job, and one day O'shea will too. It's the life of the coach. In all sports. 

6-4, double the wins  from last season, competitive in every game really.. Who honestly expected that? All with a rookie coach and basically a rookie qb who hasn't played one full season in the league... Willy has made 14 starts, 10 this year... Not even a full season. This team is on the right track. 

Bryant certainly not the long-term answer to our receiving problem but he's the best journeyman we have right now and still might be capable of delivering a solid outing if Willy drills the ball into his facemask. Moore seemed to get open a lot but his ball-handling abilities are highly suspect. Romby also drops the odd one when he tracks back after gaining 1st down yardage and tries to turn an 11 yd gain into an 8 yd gain. At least Watson, Guardino, Denmark, etc. seem to know how to fall forward and maximize gains. Romby and Moore (particularly Romby) have developed nasty habits of thinking their 4.8 speed legs can out run 4.6 and 4.7 guys with the advantage of closing angles!

Moore has like 2 fumbles all season, 1 we recovered, Why no mention of all the big catches he's made?

Moore has like 2 fumbles all season, 1 we recovered, Why no mention of all the big catches he's made?

He fumbled again deep in Rider territory last week. Not to mention he's lost at least two fumbles deep in enemy territory immediately after turnovers at home. There's no question that Moore needs to protect the ball better.

4 fumbles.  How many do the rest of our receivers have combined?

It's a problem that's becoming a trend.

Based on the number of Canadians not practicing today, it looks like 2 will be coming off the practice roster (Carter and Norris) just so we can dress 21 Cdns this week.    Only Taylor Renaud will be left on the practice roster.   In a 9 team league, it doesn't make a lot of sense that 1 team has to wait for week 13 for its first bye.   

Based on the number of Canadians not practicing today, it looks like 2 will be coming off the practice roster (Carter and Norris) just so we can dress 21 Cdns this week.    Only Taylor Renaud will be left on the practice roster.   In a 9 team league, it doesn't make a lot of sense that 1 team has to wait for week 13 for its first bye.   

Brett Carter is on active roster since Aug 11. The roster page in both CFL.ca and bluebombers.com are not updated.

If they were able to sign Huclack he will come in the 44. If not, Swiston or Alexander will probably come in.

It's possible that 2 of those injured will just go to the 2-man.

U have to have 2 Nationals on the PR. They will be dragging in bodies off the street. The cruel reality of a shortage of Nationals partially at the expense of adding a team. Regrettably it may only get worse for all teams.

they can move k.jones or stephan to the pr.

@PentonKirk: No Ian Wild, Matthias Goossen, Paddy Neufeld, Mike Renaud or Nick Moore today. #Bombers

I'm beginning to think Neufeld is not going to be the long-term solution the Bombers hoped for.  He hasn't played half the games this year.   Can someone provide an accurate diagnosis of what perpetually ails him?

U have to have 2 Nationals on the PR. They will be dragging in bodies off the street. The cruel reality of a shortage of Nationals partially at the expense of adding a team. Regrettably it may only get worse for all teams.

they can move k.jones or stephan to the pr.

Stephan is injured AGAIN...

@PentonKirk: No Ian Wild, Matthias Goossen, Paddy Neufeld, Mike Renaud or Nick Moore today. #Bombers

I'm beginning to think Neufeld is not going to be the long-term solution the Bombers hoped for.  He hasn't played half the games this year.   Can someone provide an accurate diagnosis of what perpetually ails him?

Was part of the trade condition that Neufeld won't dress vs SASK ? My guess is he will play the remainder of the year without missing any more games...If so he will have only missed the SASK games.

I'm beginning to think Neufeld is not going to be the long-term solution the Bombers hoped for. He hasn't played half the games this year. Can someone provide an accurate diagnosis of what perpetually ails him?

He seems to have some leg issues. He's out right now with a calf injury.

I get it but it is becoming a tenuous situation not just in Winnipeg but around the CFL. Face it if Couch Muamba got a call there is hope for us all.

Imo, the timing of Ottawa returning, a shallow 2014 CFL draft and more CIS players getting looks in the NFL... make it looks like there are not enough National players around.

In a year or two, especially next CFL draft, which believed to be a deeper pool... the deficiency will be filled.