Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

I was surprised to hear O'Shea mention Mathews's name. I'm just wondering if MOS style of coaching might bring the best out of Mathews. Let's face it the coaching while he was here was not what you could call great or even good. 

I would like to see him back for a test drive under our current system. Doesn't cost much and who knows, we could get a pleasant surprise. He might want to be part of a great group of guys and want to contribute. If not at least we can say we tried.

I was surprised to hear O'Shea mention Mathews's name. I'm just wondering if MOS style of coaching might bring the best out of Mathews. Let's face it the coaching while he was here was not what you could call great or even good. 

I would like to see him back for a test drive under our current system. Doesn't cost much and who knows, we could get a pleasant surprise. He might want to be part of a great group of guys and want to contribute. If not at least we can say we tried.

Don't hold your breath on this, every team that misses out on Dressler should be very interested in competing for Matthews as well.

I wonder what the mark is for Dressler to take the paycut to go to Sask.

I'll guess 50-75K is the max.

If you take that over possibly four years (to 33 yrs old) that represent a pretty good chunk of change. At 75K it pretty well means an extra year free.

This whole notion that Rider fans are somehow better or different needs to end right now. The only thing different about Rider fans is how loudly like they to boast about themselves but they're no different than any other fan base. Get a few more Al Ford type years and we'll see how strong that fan base really is. 

If you think Roughrider fans are no different than the other fanbases, then stop treating them like they're different then.

I'm honestly thinking Winnipeg is a lot more involved in this than we're being led to believe.

based on more than a hunch?

Put it this way: if they don't get Dressler (which I don't think they're going to) it won't be because they didn't try VERY hard.

This whole notion that Rider fans are somehow better or different needs to end right now. The only thing different about Rider fans is how loudly like they to boast about themselves but they're no different than any other fan base. Get a few more Al Ford type years and we'll see how strong that fan base really is. 

If you think Roughrider fans are no different than the other fanbases, then stop treating them like they're different then.

As soon as they as a group stop being insufferable douchebags I will stop treating them different. Drop the collective smugness and I won't have cause to complain. As it stands they are different, but only because they are the most annoying people in the world.

On RF, many folks have predicated Dressler's return on the greatness of Regina, Rider fans, and the premise that their boy would not simply chase after the higher dollar.....If he goes elsewhere....fun reading, ahead...

I still remember the Burris fallout...most fun in ages...

On RF, many folks have predicated Dressler's return on the greatness of Regina, Rider fans, and the premise that their boy would not simply chase after the higher dollar.....If he goes elsewhere....fun reading, ahead...

If he went to the Bombers, heads would roll.

plus they'd have to seriously rebrand the packaging for All Dressler chips...