Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Arash Madani (@ArashMadani)

The final #Riders offer to Weston Dressler was a ONE-year, pro-rated deal worth about $200,000 (base salary about $190k, with a bonus). #CFL

That is interesting. So is he going to try the NFL again next year or go the CFL FA route come February.

The final #Riders offer to Weston Dressler was a ONE-year, pro-rated deal worth about $200,000 (base salary about $190k, with a bonus). #CFL

That is interesting. So is he going to try the NFL again next year or go the CFL FA route come February.

Taman just buying time...  Dressler will re-sign in Sask most likely

Honestly, I'm gonna say it, I'm happy he signed with SASK over Ottawa. That puts a smile on my face, Once i came to the realization he wasn't gonna sign here, I just wanted him to give Marcel Desjardins a big FU and he pretty much did. 

Guess, sometimes as much as some on here try to make you believe, it's not always about the Money. 

Next on Ottawa's radar: Chris Matthews, the former #Bombers receiver, now holding on in Seattle. The #RedBlacks have cap room to spend. #CFL

Will Chris Matthews become the highest paid non-quarterback in the league now?

I was thinking Ottawa will go after him if he springs loose but I think they'll get Matthews for a lot less than they offered Dressler, maybe $140,000 to $160,000 depending on how much of a fight the Bombers put up.  Matthews has great potential but he doesn't have much of a track record so I doubt he's going to be offered top dollar. 

If the rumours that the Als are looking to move S.J. Green are true can't see why the ORBs wouldn't go after him.  In reality he's a better receiver than Dressler.

Next on Ottawa's radar: Chris Matthews, the former #Bombers receiver, now holding on in Seattle. The #RedBlacks have cap room to spend. #CFL

I was thinking Ottawa will go after him if he springs loose but I think they'll get Matthews for a lot less than they offered Dressler, maybe $140,000 to $160,000 depending on how much of a fight the Bombers put up.  Matthews has great potential but he doesn't have much of a track record so I doubt he's going to be offered top dollar. 

If the rumours that the Als are looking to move S.J. Green are true can't see why the ORBs wouldn't go after him.  In reality he's a better receiver than Dressler.

maybe the Als dont want to trade SJ Green to division rival, if the Bombers dont get Matthews, they should inquire what's Popp asking price for SJ Green. Honestly I'd be more interested in Duron Carter he's a lot better than Kelly and probably over Matthews too. Not sure though what's his NFL aspiration next year.

maybe the Als dont want to trade SJ Green to division rival, if the Bombers dont get Matthews, they should inquire what's Popp asking price for SJ Green. Honestly I'd be more interested in Duron Carter he's a lot better than Kelly and probably over Matthews too. Not sure though what's his NFL aspiration next year.

Duron Carter is probably the only reason they're willing to move SJ

I wonder what the asking price is, would be stupid for us to give up a lot for SJ Green when we are already real strong at Receiver. I would rather just go after Matthews

Interesting proposal, had to think about it. I don't think I would. If I'm going to trade a top flight Canadian I at least want some Canadian value in return. Our Canadian Content is just starting to get respectable again, I dont think I'd weaken it just to get a good Import Rec... despite how good he is

Would you trade Watson for SJ?

Heck no...SJ is great for the highlight catches, but not so great on many others.

A National for an International is rarely a smart trade.  SJ is excellent but does have the drops from time to time.

Nah, he's done with the NFL.  

Consider how often Watson actually plays and the progress of our other National receivers. Just a thought. The Bombers could probably also squeeze out a draft pick too.

He's a solid receiver when healthy.  Sometimes guys just have a bit of bad luck with injuries and then they get healthy for the long term.