Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Fair enough. I agree he is a dominant receiver who isn't afraid to lay his body out there and throw a huge block for a team mate. What would the Als want from us that the Bombers would consider? Sears and a draft pick/neg list? He seems to be in the doghouse now. The rights to one of our NFL National DL? What/who could the Bombers afford to give up that the ALs would want? Having said that I think the only way I would make any trade for SJ Green is if the club could not sign Matthews.

Fair enough. I agree he is a dominant receiver who isn't afraid to lay his body out there and throw a huge block for a team mate. What would the Als want from us that the Bombers would consider? Sears and a draft pick/neg list? He seems to be in the doghouse now. The rights to one of our NFL National DL? What/who could the Bombers afford to give up that the ALs would want? Having said that I think the only way I would make any trade for SJ Green is if the club could not sign Matthews.

The Als, like pretty much every team in the CFL, need National depth.  SJ would likely only be moved for a solid National player and/or multiple draft picks.  Popp doesn't give away his assets (rumour was he wanted Sam Hurl and a draft pick from the Riders; too steep a price imo).

With SJ Green as a free agent, and Duron Carter gone to the NFL, it could get pretty thin for the Alouettes at WR next season.

Duron Carter, as talented as he is, doesn't have a great team attitude.  

Duron Carter will be in the NFL next season.  I wouldn't give up much (if anything) for 7-8 games. 

With SJ Green as a free agent, and Duron Carter gone to the NFL, it could get pretty thin for the Alouettes at WR next season.

Duron Carter will be in the NFL next season.  I wouldn't give up much (if anything) for 7-8 games. 

Maybe if he was going to win a team a Grey Cup but any performance short of that wouldn't be worth the price.

Never really saw a scenario where he didn't go back the Riders honestly. I just never got the impression from him that he was the type who would simply chase the biggest payday. Think he knows he has a good situation in Saskatchewan and opted to stay there rather than go to a crappy team just for the big pay day. 

Good for Dressler. I'm glad he resigned with the Riders.

It's good for him. It's bad for the rest of us now b/c now, assuming he doesn't play, we'll have to see 10k closeups of him on the Rider sidelines during the game this weekend.

That's what I was thinking.  If we get Rod Black they are going to spend 3/4 of the game talking about Dressler and the other talking about John Chick.  We as Bomber fans might get to see 3 mins of live action!

How do you know he doesn't have a great team attitude?

As a college player he was kicked out not one but two programs.

for what? not having a great team attitude?

He left Ohio for academic reasons then went to a junior college. He transferred to Alabama but was never cleared to play and then transferred to FAU where he did play.

Hmm, a one-year deal for Dressler ... guess he wants to re-explore free agency at a time when more (and better) teams will be in play.

He's gonna be swarmed on Feb 15th.

More likely the Riders have a cap situation going on and can afford to up the money next year but not this year. It's the classic Taman shell game. 

It's good for him. It's bad for the rest of us now b/c now, assuming he doesn't play, we'll have to see 10k closeups of him on the Rider sidelines during the game this weekend.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Fantuz came back a few years ago? He was on the sidelines for the Labor Day game the day after he signed.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Fantuz came back a few years ago? He was on the sidelines for the Labor Day game the day after he signed.

Yup, but this time Dressler will be in the line up and I hope someone takes an unreal wicked run at him...just absolutely tee off and lay the wood to this guy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see him get Woodcock-ed...

Yup, but this time Dressler will be in the line up and I hope someone takes an unreal wicked run at him...just absolutely tee off and lay the wood to this guy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see him get Woodcock-ed...

What's this about?  Do you have anger control issues or just generally wish physical harm on anybody who doesn't play for your team?

Generally speaking I want to see all the best players playing so there are no excuses when my team kicks another team's a$$ but I guess that's just me.