Will you buy the new Bomber Jersey?

Rich

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the new Bomber jersey?

• Yes
    • No

No but only because i already have 3 and don't wear 2 of them any more. I have no use for another one to sit in the closet only to be worn once. With that being said though, if they sell t-shirts like that but not all blue i might buy one..

I actually kind of like the shirts that some of our "coaches" have worn on the sidelines. 

No but only because i already have 3 and don't wear 2 of them any more. I have no use for another one to sit in the closet only to be worn once. With that being said though, if they sell t-shirts like that but not all blue i might buy one..

I actually kind of like the shirts that some of our "coaches" have worn on the sidelines. 

Ya the sideline gear has potential, dark blue with our regular logo.

Unlikely.  Can't buy everything.  Already have a bunch of jerseys.  Plus redeemed a gift card at the Bomber store last month and picked up a lot of sweet shirts.  Plus returned a gold away jersey gift from fathers day to put the money towards a play structure for the kids.  Plus I still want a royal blue and perhaps even a Bison jersey, so this one is down the list.

But I don't hate it.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised to see 100's of them at the game this friday. I won't be one of them but, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see lots of people wearing them.

I don't know if I'd call 100's lots of people.

After I've had the afternoon to digest these uniforms, here is my take.

A lot of people have automatically jumped on the lack of gold in the jerseys.  That was my first impression too.  They look very much like what we know of Toronto Argonaut jerseys, and that is weird.

For argument sake, I'm going to get past the gold thing and a look at it from the standpoint of...this is a re-imagined Bomber jersey.  We are BLUE and we have a strong military tie to our team.  And in that respect I will give the creators of the jersey a little benefit.

Now that would be all well and good if the detailing on the jersey was better.  Take a look at the photoshopped Jason Vega photos, and then take a look at what we actually got. The Vega pictures actually make it look pretty badass.  It's a combination of blue, military and the cold winters that we have.  The camo is better. The seams and threads look better.  The helmet looks a million times better with the cool ice-chilled cage. In comparison, what we actually received is a shell of the photoshopped version. Everything looks glossier and less rugged and the helmet looks like a bowling ball.

I understand that I'm comparing something that is photoshopped to something that is not, but I think they could have done a lot better.

After an afternoon to digest them... Nope.  Won't buy one.   Don't expect 100's of them at the game either.  

We don't have a strong military tie in.

I always think of our air force base when I think of Winnipeg and our sports teams.  I don't know of any direct or indirect relations that they've had with the Bombers, but it is certain that the team has been marketed with air bomber logos in the past.  So maybe it is a little much to say we have a strong military tie in, but there are military elements that surround the team and the marketing of them.

Voted yes.  I will get something from this series sooner or later.

Was at the store tonight and bought one. Don't look as bad in person. Also have to keep my jersey collection up to date.

Some jerseys look decent on players and goofy on John Q Public.  Based on how it looked on store shot, I'd wear it.  Based on how it looked on the players at the press conference, less interested.  Maybe because I won't be wearing navy tights at the same time  - your loss world.

Lost in all this is the fabric is a huge improvement over the last remodel. Is actually light weight not the heavy stuff of the last few jerseys. More like the old ones.

All these new unis seems super tight - everyone looks fat and the shoulder pads have shadows that look like manboobs.

Lost in all this is the fabric is a huge improvement over the last remodel. Is actually light weight not the heavy stuff of the last few jerseys. More like the old ones.

All these new unis seems super tight - everyone looks fat and the shoulder pads have shadows that look like manboobs.

It's just you ;)

It's just you ;)

The shoulder pads would explain why it was so hard getting in and out of my car today.