GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

Just watched the highlights from the game last night, anybody here can see if there's no illegal block on that Owen's return TD?

I believed it's Miles who made the block on Richardson. 

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/97853

It's close but I think that Bomber had started to turn his shoulders up field when he got hit (so it ended up being from the side and not abck)

The only major screw up in the game was me only getting the flag 3/4 of the way up the pole.

Happens with age. Don't feel too bad.

I noticed that, and my father stated "oh no, they've already got the flag at half mast, did we die already?"...   hahahahaha

Anybody else wonder if Knapp eventually steals January's job?

Goossen looked good when he got in.

Too early.

I could actually see Howard taking January's job next season. Bombers are high on him and January isn't getting any younger.

Looked to me like January and Morley were the leaders out there last night.  They were talking to the other guys and looking like the veteran players that they are with some leadership roles.

Morley took a pretty funny dive on a PAT after a Toronto guy punched him...took a good 5 seconds for the pain to register in his brain.  Must have been watching the World Cup.

It takes awhile for pain to register on that size of a dood.. And if it was a nut punch then every man knows the delay on those sonsofbitches

Too early.

I could actually see Howard taking January's job next season. Bombers are high on him and January isn't getting any younger.

He's only 31. He's got several good years left.

I find too many people here dump on January. You guys forget that the Oline needs to work as a UNIT - and with all the players coming and going the last few years here, with January being the only 'stable' lineman, he's an easy target to pick on. The guy is a multi time all star. Trust me - he's good. He had a solid game yesterday and you can bet that will only continue. Looks like we got a great pair of bookends with January and Knapp, and Neufeld in there with Greaves and Morley the centre, looks to me like our Oline is pretty solid - as solid as it's ever been in the past 10 years i would say. January never was the problem here, just the whipping boy.

Too early.

He's only 31. He's got several good years left.

I find too many people here dump on January. You guys forget that the Oline needs to work as a UNIT - and with all the players coming and going the last few years here, with January being the only 'stable' lineman, he's an easy target to pick on. The guy is a multi time all star. Trust me - he's good. He had a solid game yesterday and you can bet that will only continue. Looks like we got a great pair of bookends with January and Knapp, and Neufeld in there with Greaves and Morley the centre, looks to me like our Oline is pretty solid - as solid as it's ever been in the past 10 years i would say. January never was the problem here, just the whipping boy.

Gotta say Walters is looking real smart on the Neufeld trade now

Yeah, the O-Line looks solid now. Neufeld really worked out, Morely at Center was a pretty darn good idea... Knapp is gOing to be a great OT for us. Greaves and January are solid for us on the left side

The future of our OLINE looks good to with Wylie coaching up the likes of Goosen, Nuefeld, Everett and even Swiston.

Mike O'Shea points out an unsung hero from the Argo game - Nick Moore.

"O'Shea said he singled out receiver Nick Moore to the players for understanding his role in the game. Asked to block more in the game plan against the Argos, Moore didn't get the touches many expected (two catches for 32 yards), but was critical in helping get others open and giving Willy more time.

"You talk about a guy, a free-agent receiver we signed to catch touchdowns and he's coming in giving everything he's got to make these blocks and downfield he's blocking hard," said O'Shea. "I singled that out because that's impressive. He was very physical."

It's nice to be reminded, once in a while, that there are players who check their egos, for the good of the team. 

A notch up in respect for Mr. Moore.

- Blue Bomber report, Ed Tait.

"O'Shea said he singled out receiver Nick Moore to the players for understanding his role in the game. Asked to block more in the game plan against the Argos, Moore didn't get the touches many expected (two catches for 32 yards), but was critical in helping get others open and giving Willy more time.

"You talk about a guy, a free-agent receiver we signed to catch touchdowns and he's coming in giving everything he's got to make these blocks and downfield he's blocking hard," said O'Shea. "I singled that out because that's impressive. He was very physical."

It's nice to be reminded, once in a while, that there are players who check their egos, for the good of the team. 

...and who gets some credit from the coach.  Part of the deal is encouraging this kind of attitude....and repressing some other kinds.  Our last number of coaches couldn't seem to get behind this concept, or impose their will to ensure it.

...and who gets some credit from the coach.  Part of the deal is encouraging this kind of attitude....and repressing some other kinds.  Our last number of coaches couldn't seem to get behind this concept, or impose their will to ensure it.

Absolutely.

I forgot to add that the Coach, by singling Moore out to the players for understanding his role in the game, he is, in fact revealing a small snippet into the role of HC that O'Shea is presenting and you better believe the "buy-in" is going to make a huge difference in changing this team to having a winning culture.

And, of course, another good piece of writing by Mr. Tait.

The effort this team puts outs is impressive. I really like MO as a coach, the way he looks on the sidelines at all times.

Like they say there are three types of of men, some make things happen, some sit back and watch things happen and others wonder what the hell just happened. MO seems like the #1 option.

• 2 weeks later...

It's also a nice reminder that in football, the player that usually makes the 'play' is not the player who scores the touchdown or makes the tackle. This is what we teach at the grassroots level and it seems to resonate with the players.