Bombers interested in Romby Bryant?

@PentonKirk: Romby Bryant was out on the field this morning with the #Bombers.

Romby should have some inside info on the Argos playbook. Nice timing for this considering we play the Argos tomorrow.

The TJ Harris stunt!

OK, so just like Harris in Hammy - will will mine Romby for the Toronto playbook. And then shortly thereafter we will release him.

Romby should have some inside info on the Argos playbook. Nice timing for this considering we play the Argos tomorrow.

The TJ Harris stunt!

OK, so just like Harris in Hammy - will will mine Romby for the Toronto playbook. And then shortly thereafter we will release him.

Then we should sign RetBacks castoff (LeMarquand or Hargreaves perhaps? ), Tyron Carrier (MTL) and Jacory Harris (EDM)   :D

MOS speaks highly of every player he wants or is on the team.

Not to beat a dead horse (although I'd love to)... but isn't that what a leader SHOULD be doing?

cc: Tim Burke

Nope.  Being Suzy sunshine doesn't win games or influence people.

Not to beat a dead horse (although I'd love to)... but isn't that what a leader SHOULD be doing?

Nope.  Being Suzy sunshine doesn't win games or influence people.

But it helps. 

Nope. Being Suzy sunshine doesn't win games or influence people.

A comment like this tells me you either have a bad memory or you never played sports.

I have played sports and I have a pretty good memory.  

No one would suggest Wally B or Don Matthews are Suzy Sunshine's and they are two of the top coaches ever in the CFL.

Players tend to tune out folks who only say nice things just like they tune out folks who yell at them all the time.  Players don't need a cheerleader.  They need someone who they can trust to tell them the truth.  Huffer and Austin know this.  Hopefully O'Shea does too.

Leaders aren't the guys who only say nice things.  They are are the ones who always 'Do the right things'.

There's honesty and there's telling the truth.

We've seen honesty. Beautiful.

I have a feeling, that O'Shea is the genuine deal, and his talking nice is media talk, like BBF says, and I have to assume that O'Shea has no problem telling the truth when he is face to face with his players.

He isn't one to back down from what he has to do.

I have played sports and I have a pretty good memory.  

No one would suggest Wally B or Don Matthews are Suzy Sunshine's and they are two of the top coaches ever in the CFL.

Players tend to tune out folks who only say nice things just like they tune out folks who yell at them all the time.  Players don't need a cheerleader.  They need someone who they can trust to tell them the truth.  Huffer and Austin know this.  Hopefully O'Shea does too.

Leaders aren't the guys who only say nice things.  They are are the ones who always 'Do the right things'.

Why are you equating what O'Shea says for public consumption to what he says to his players?  I don't follow your premise, because it doesn't make any sense.

When have you ever heard Hufnagel, Buono or even Austin publicly trash a player in the media?

Austin clearly hated having Burris as his QB and it was all sunshine and rainbows publicly.

If you've listened to the Coaches Show to this point, O'Shea has been very blunt about why certain guys were cut, and assessing some of the players on his roster, certainly a lot more than I expected from him and more than most head coaches around the league would have divulged.

There's honesty and there's telling the truth.

We've seen honesty. Beautiful.

I have a feeling, that O'Shea is the genuine deal, and his talking nice is media talk, like BBF says, and I have to assume that O'Shea has no problem telling the truth when he is face to face with his players.

He isn't one to back down from what he has to do.

I concur.. everything ive learned about o'shea speaks to his integrity and ability to wear two hats (one for media, one for the team) obviously without a follow around camera we may never know what's said behind closed doors but word of mouth travels well and ive yet to see a o'shea the coach hater...

Why do you equate being honest with publicly trashing players?  I'm not expect him to 'throw anyone under the bus'.  Just tell the truth and cut the BS.

I don't know what O'Shea does in private because I'm not there.  I respectfully submit that you don't know either.  I certainly hope he's different behind closed doors.

I haven't listened to the coaches show.  I haven't read anything he's divulged on these sites from the coaches show either.  I do know that everything else O'Shea has said in the media is 'super positive'.  He tries to turn every negative into a positive no matter how much of a stretch it is or how silly it sounds.  Everyone knows that all the players who made the team aren't starters.  That's like giving everyone participation ribbons.  Unless O'Shea is brain dead, and I personally don't think he is, he has to be concerned with parts of the team.

The whole idea that saying nice things will somehow make the team better is ridiculous.

The most positive Blue Bomber coach I ever saw was Jim Spavital. He had Grey Cup banners up during practices when they were a team similar to us now. He had positive sayings in the locker room. He was always spouting positive messages. the guy was enthusiastic. But he was also a tough, no nonsense coach with very hard practices. He took a Bomber team that was 2-14 in 1970 to 10-6 & the Western Final in 1972.

I think a positive message helps as long as it always isn't a BS kind of thing that the players can see through. As much as Spav was positive, if a player didn't come to practice & work his tail off then he was gone. If he didn't perform well in games, he was cut. If he partied toomuch he was released. He made his players accountable for their actions. And GM Earl Lunsford did a helluva job recruiting & building that team through the draft & trades in 3 years. There was no free agency back then. 

Why do you equate being honest with publicly trashing players?  I'm not expect him to 'throw anyone under the bus'.  Just tell the truth and cut the BS.

I don't know what O'Shea does in private because I'm not there.  I respectfully submit that you don't know either.  I certainly hope he's different behind closed doors.

I haven't listened to the coaches show.  I haven't read anything he's divulged on these sites from the coaches show either.  I do know that everything else O'Shea has said in the media is 'super positive'.  He tries to turn every negative into a positive no matter how much of a stretch it is or how silly it sounds.  Everyone knows that all the players who made the team aren't starters.  That's like giving everyone participation ribbons.  Unless O'Shea is brain dead, and I personally don't think he is, he has to be concerned with parts of the team.

The whole idea that saying nice things will somehow make the team better is ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than believing that being completely honest will make the team better. What Mike O'Shea says in the media is totally irrelevant to how the team performs on the field. What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?

There aren't many winning football teams that exist in an environment that isn't ridiculously, almost sickeningly positive, and if a winning team is in a negative environment they are almost surely a very talented team that is on the brink or underachieving.

Who is saying that saying nice things in the media will make the team better?  Nobody.  It's a matter of respect and professionalism.  Players shouldn't be in the media if they have issues with coaching or another player, or anything to do with the organization, they should take the issue to their coach or teammate.  Same goes for a coach.  I don't understand how this is even an issue.  We don't know what he says to his players, so why make assumptions and attack him before a meaningful game is even played?  If you're expecting honesty from a professional coach in the media you are brain dead.

Meh. Getting back to Bryant, lots of people quit their jobs to go somewhere else/ somewhere better. Because they quit on their team of co-workers it doesn't mean they are bad people. U have too look out for yourself, because no one else is going to do that for u. The team was a gong show and it was falling apart. Lots of players wanted out. Lefors refused to come back players trashed Kelly privately.

I think people take Bryant quitting on the team personally, like he quit on them when we the fans were suffering. I get how people feel that way, but step back and examine what u would do?

Before my current job I had a boss that drove me crazy everyday who was working against me and making arguments about ideas I had to help the company become more flexible while saving money. He would argue that the systems I proposed we use had a different bios manufacturer which make no ******* difference. Finally an opportunity arose for me to make a move to my current company and took a chance. It sucked leaving the family like atmosphere and a lot of co-workers took it personally. But I have no regrets. It catipulted my career.

All that being said, Bryant couldn't quit. He could only retire. It's incredibly hard to go into work each day to somewhere you hate working. It's depressing and eats u to your core. I'm sure a majority of people here would never give their job 100% if in a similar situation with no way out. I don't care what u say, I've been there, I've seen other people there. Even the most loyal people cave when they lose hope.

LOL I don't post often but I've been around here long enough to expect this. What? Reasonably suppose that MOS is smart enough to discern between talking to the media or his players? Absurd! TBurg doesn't know if he does, so neither can anyone else.

But wait, the season isn't even one regular game old and he hasn't thrown his cap in the dirt or wrung his hands (figuratively speaking) while despairing over his team's shortcomings! What a Suzy Sunshine!

Meh. Getting back to Bryant, lots of people quit their jobs to go somewhere else/ somewhere better. Because they quit on their team of co-workers it doesn't mean they are bad people. U have too look out for yourself, because no one else is going to do that for u. The team was a gong show and it was falling apart. Lots of players wanted out. Lefors refused to come back players trashed Kelly privately.

I think people take Bryant quitting on the team personally, like he quit on them when we the fans were suffering. I get how people feel that way, but step back and examine what u would do?

Before my current job I had a boss that drove me crazy everyday who was working against me and making arguments about ideas I had to help the company become more flexible while saving money. He would argue that the systems I proposed we use had a different bios manufacturer which make no ******* difference. Finally an opportunity arose for me to make a move to my current company and took a chance. It sucked leaving the family like atmosphere and a lot of co-workers took it personally. But I have no regrets. It catipulted my career.

All that being said, Bryant couldn't quit. He could only retire. It's incredibly hard to go into work each day to somewhere you hate working. It's depressing and eats u to your core. I'm sure a majority of people here would never give their job 100% if in a similar situation with no way out. I don't care what u say, I've been there, I've seen other people there. Even the most loyal people cave when they lose hope.

What Bryant did would be more like walking into a co-worker's office/cubicle and purposefully destroying something they are working on or smashing their computer than your analogy/experience.

When how you perform your job directly affects a large number of other people, it takes a special lack of integrity or awareness to truly not give a ****, regardless of the circumstances or reasoning.

I think O'Shea is the real deal. I like how in the media he keeps it positive. When the media asked him where the problem spots were and he refused to play that game it's good. If he comes out and says "well our o-line is ****" or "the receivers are terrible" or something like that then all of a sudden you got the media talking about the players who aren't good enough and they hear that. This way the coach doesn't give the media anything to pick on players for before games even start. I have no doubts that if there's guys not playing up to snuff MOS will tell them to pull up their socks in the locker room but the key is that it stays there. That's how a coach earns a teams respect and trust. 

The whole idea of you trashing the coach for being positive and not wanting to air any dirty laundry in public is ridiculous!

The TJ Harris stunt!

Then we should sign RetBacks castoff (LeMarquand or Hargreaves perhaps? ), Tyron Carrier (MTL) and Jacory Harris (EDM)   :D

I'm assuming this is some kind of sick joke  ^_^

Seriously, what MOS presents to the media and how he addresses the players on the field can't possibly be the same as some are making it seem. The flip side is that bizarre Gary Lawless article warning against MOS going full-Vesuvius on the team.

Yeah that article was extremely bizarre.... I got about half way through I couldn't finish cuz of how ridiculous it was... all I kept thinking was 'what has MOS ever done to give the impression he has a bad tamper and would blow up on players at any moment??'... If anything he's given the impression that he's the opposite....