Bombers interested in Romby Bryant?

I just asked O'Shea on the CJOB coaches show and he confirmed Romby will be brought in next week for a workout.

Well, nothing wrong with bringing in experienced receivers. Who knows, he may have a few good games left. If an import goes down for a few games I'd rather have an experienced guy come in than a rookie.

What the last 4 guys said.. Horrid idea.

But if they sign him you'll be okay with it. Enthusiastic even. ;)

Cute attempt to paint me with that fanboy brush but I've disliked rotten romby since his attitude Issues with Kelly (and by proxy the team and the other players n coaches) he was solid when he started here.. It's been down hill since he was here.. He's older, slower and less capable then when he was here and frankly, I always thought of him as a better brazzell..

So no.. No I won't be happy if he's the best we can do. I will not change my tune if he becomes a bomber.. For the millionth time, my opinions don't change on a player once they become a bomber.. If Im not a fan before, I'm not a fan after.. IE Kuale.. Always considered him a dirty player and slow for MLB.. I'm not a fan that he's our MLB.. at all..

Cute attempt to paint me with that fanboy brush but I've disliked rotten romby since his attitude Issues with Kelly (and by proxy the team and the other players n coaches) he was solid when he started here.. It's been down hill since he was here.. He's older, slower and less capable then when he was here and frankly, I always thought of him as a better brazzell..

So no.. No I won't be happy if he's the best we can do. I will not change my tune if he becomes a bomber.. For the millionth time, my opinions don't change on a player once they become a bomber.. If Im not a fan before, I'm not a fan after.. IE Kuale.. Always considered him a dirty player and slow for MLB.. I'm not a fan that he's our MLB.. at all..

I hear ya there SPuDs, was very underwhelmed with his signing but who else is there? I'm hoping he's keeping Henoc's place warm and when the Colts cut him in August and no one else is interested (hey, just my hope here) that he comes back to the bombers and makes his debut Labour Day or Banjo Bowl - it will be very easy to say to Kuale - "Hey, phone call, its Max Hall, he's looking for a roommate - interested?"

Who has a better chance of sticking with their respected NFL clubs Dressler or Matthews?

from all reports i've read, dressler has been impressing the chiefs very much. Haven't heard much but also haven't really looked for much about Matthews.

I hear ya there SPuDs, was very underwhelmed with his signing but who else is there? I'm hoping he's keeping Henoc's place warm and when the Colts cut him in August and no one else is interested (hey, just my hope here) that he comes back to the bombers and makes his debut Labour Day or Banjo Bowl - it will be very easy to say to Kuale - "Hey, phone call, its Max Hall, he's looking for a roommate - interested?"

I don't know, we just cut two guys who MOS admits we didn't even take a proper look at despite them looking pretty good in limited reps in Reed and Dell.  Jaymar Johnson showed that he could get open quite consistently and make a catch, came back from a couple drops in the first game and was very good.  Not to mention hundreds of guys south of the border who would love a call from their agent saying that a CFL team is interested.

But instead we'll bring in a guy who hasn't been an above average import receiver since 2010 and has nowhere to go but down.

Who has a better chance of sticking with their respected NFL clubs Dressler or Matthews?

from all reports i've read, dressler has been impressing the chiefs very much. Haven't heard much but also haven't really looked for much about Matthews.

I think generally Matthews is less likely to return and more likely to wait for another NFL shot even if the Seahawks cut him.  Dressler has some pretty deep ties in Regina and he can make top CFL dollar.

I guess it doesn't hurt to workout bryant, i'm sure the scouts are working out guys all the time, We will see what happens when he works out for us, maybe nothing comes of it. Maybe Romby is done, but maybe he has a bit left in the Tank, if he did though, not sure why the argos would release him. He's gotta be a bit banged up still and if he is, i doubt we sign him. 

Let's not write some of these guys off b4 they get a chance

Bruce Johnson,Paris Cotton,Mo Leggett... these guys could be very good, saying our scouting is an epic failure because why? couldn't find a 5th receiver and couldn't find a defensive end?  that's going a little far. We got us some talent and i'm sure they will turn out to be pretty good. Heck Marve too.

It's not like we didn't find anybody.. look around the league, how many rookies are starting on other teams? Probably not many. 

From the twitter feed on the side of the forum:

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB
Romby Bryant is 34 but mike O'Shea is convinced he still has game-breaking speed so bombers will work him out after their opener vs Argos

I trust O'Shea enough that if he wants Bryant signed I can live with it but as far as I'm concerned he's going to have to play a hell of a lot better than he did in 2009 before I'm willing to forgive and forget.