Bombers interested in Romby Bryant?

Wow several people in this thread are over reacting way way to much.

Forget not the all mighty Wally Buono brought in Steven Jyles yet he gets a pass.

Bryant isn't that bad and this isn't a huge deal.

Wally has made his bonafides, so he gets cut some slack. Besides, BC had a pretty decent team, but if we are expecting Bryant to win us some close games or worry the opposition, its time to up the meds. If I am wrong, I will cheerfully admit it, but its sad to think this is the best option we have  to improve a lackluster receiving corps. Upgrading the receiving corps had to have been a priority  in the off-season as well as replacing Muamba, but here we are.

Maybe they sign him as back up QB.  Remember when he tossed the football into the NE upper deck after scoring a TD against us last year?  Guys got nice zip on the ball!

That was actually Greg Carr. I know that because ironically at the 2011 Grey Cup Greg Carr threw a ball and it landed a row in front of me, then he did it last year too, a row in front of me. He must really want to get me a game ball.

If they do sign Romby I will be so depressed with our ability to scout players.

The dude's done. Maybe he fits as some low snap count guy on a contender.

I've had many good steaks at the Keg.  If they serve me one that's over done, does that immediately make them a bad restaurant?

I've had many good steaks at the Keg.  If they serve me one that's over done, does that immediately make them a bad restaurant?

If the meat has been sitting there too long and they still serve it, I'd say yes, it does make them a bad restaurant.

If the meat has been sitting there too long and they still serve it, I'd say yes, it does make them a bad restaurant.

Maybe I acquired a taste for overdone steak that night...

I will say that there is some serious chicken little syndrome happening here.. Could it be that some coveted WRs or DEs are still down south or considering options? To suggest failure because Kelly is here and Bryant May or may not get a sniff is a bit much..

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it much.. At all.. But the scouting otherwise has been very good, no? DBs, Cotton, American tackles..

i predict lots of back-tracks/admissions of being wrong/denials that they ever spoke against getting Bryant from posters in this thread.

had Barker not found a few younger-cheaper guys, i'd have been happy to still have Bryant streaking down our sidelines. he (as of late last season when he came back after rehabbing a persistent injury - which should at least show you that he still has heart and desire to perform) still has speed, hands, moves and veteran savvy to be productive... and a young QB like Willy should be overjoyed at the prospect of having a guy like him added to the team. and when you add to it that he has Osh's trust and that he can drop a dime on our playbook before Thursday night... it should be a no-brainer.

and ffs, people that aren't pointing to him flipping off a joke like Kelly as a point in his favour need to check themselves and realise that in 20+ seasons of futiliy, Kelly might have been the low point and you should be lining up to hi-five or bro-fist a guy who told that embarrassment exactly what you all now agree he should have been told on day one of his tenure in 'toba.

i predict lots of back-tracks/admissions of being wrong/denials that they ever spoke against getting Bryant from posters in this thread.

had Barker not found a few younger-cheaper guys, i'd have been happy to still have Bryant streaking down our sidelines. he (as of late last season when he came back after rehabbing a persistent injury - which should at least show you that he still has heart and desire to perform) still has speed, hands, moves and veteran savvy to be productive... and a young QB like Willy should be overjoyed at the prospect of having a guy like him added to the team. and when you add to it that he has Osh's trust and that he can drop a dime on our playbook before Thursday night... it should be a no-brainer.

and ffs, people that aren't pointing to him flipping off a joke like Kelly as a point in his favour need to check themselves and realise that in 20+ seasons of futiliy, Kelly might have been the low point and you should be lining up to hi-five or bro-fist a guy who told that embarrassment exactly what you all now agree he should have been told on day one of his tenure in 'toba.

Blah blah blah he quit on his teammates! That's it, that's all there is IMO. If I go to war (and yes football is a war if you ask me) I need to know the other guys lining up with me are fighting as hard as I am.. He was not. He chose to act in the manner he did.. I would have respected the hell outta him if he simply said "bench me.. Trade me, I ain't playing.." Not go out the way he did.. Same goes for any player who went thru the motions because they hated Kelly and gave up on the team, fans and players to show their displeasure..

If they work him out and they like what they see, then I have no issue with it. If our QB was Ray, Durant, Glenn, Lulay, or Burris I'd say no way. With a QB who is still pretty raw, I'd prefer to surround him with experienced receivers and let him get comfortable back there. Once that happens we can look at some new prospects.

I also think Romby can still be effective. He doesn't have to be a 1000 yard go to receiver, he can help us with a smaller role. I'm still pissed at what he did in 2009, but I can look past that if it helps us win now and brings us back to respectability.

And that's just it. People crapped all over Mack for not bringing in experienced players. Now we are (and lets not forget, it's a work out, he hasn't even signed a deal) and people are still crying. You can't have it both ways. Is Romby the player he was in 2008 for us? Obviously not, but for those whining and complaining about our scouts, these are the same guys who had Drew Willy evaluated higher over Burris and Collaros (regardless of what anyone thinks about how it all played out) found Paris Cotton, and have brought in guys like Maurice Leggett and Bruce Johnson, so forgive me if I take their evaluations over the geniuses implying the entire scouting class this year was a failure.

And that's just it. People crapped all over Mack for not bringing in experienced players. Now we are (and lets not forget, it's a work out, he hasn't even signed a deal) and people are still crying. You can't have it both ways. Is Romby the player he was in 2008 for us? Obviously not, but for those whining and complaining about our scouts, these are the same guys who had Drew Willy evaluated higher over Burris and Collaros (regardless of what anyone thinks about how it all played out) found Paris Cotton, and have brought in guys like Maurice Leggett and Bruce Johnson, so forgive me if I take their evaluations over the geniuses implying the entire scouting class this year was a failure.

Technically, we did make a major play for Burris...

Technically, we did make a major play for Burris...

Burris was the only starting QB available at the time.  Same goes for Collaros before him.  We then made a trade for Willy, and he was the only FA QB available for us to negotiate with.  Technically speaking, of course...

I'll go on the record and state I just don't like Romby Bryant and it has nothing to do with what football ability he may or may not have left.

If Romby Bryant had told Mike Kelly to go fork himself in the locker room, I would've been suggesting we throw him a parade. But he quit on the field. Visibly gave up.

I don't pay to watch guys living out their personal vendettas on the field. I also don't think it's fair to his teammates.

If he wears the uniform again, I won't boo him but I won't be sad if he doesn't pan out and if he does, when he's replaced either.

I'll go on the record and state I just don't like Romby Bryant and it has nothing to do with what football ability he may or may not have left.

If Romby Bryant had told Mike Kelly to go fork himself in the locker room, I would've been suggesting we throw him a parade. But he quit on the field. Visibly gave up.

I don't pay to watch guys living out their personal vendettas on the field. I also don't think it's fair to his teammates.

If he wears the uniform again, I won't boo him but I won't be sad if he doesn't pan out and if he does, when he's replaced either.

Well, I might boo him if he dresses for our club. Because Bryant clearly quit on his team-mates last time he was here and in my opinion he doesn't deserve to ever again wear a Blue Bombers jersey. It also bugs me that current management shows such obvious disregard for recent history - and disrespect for fans and former players. They may not be mindful of that - new slate etc. but to bring in a player like Bryant, who demonstrated an utter lack of professionalism while here, borders on arrogance more than desperation. Such arrogance is not a good sign and will inevitably boomerang on Walters, O'Shea and Bellefeuille down the road. 

Well, I might boo him if he dresses for our club. Because Bryant clearly quit on his team-mates last time he was here and in my opinion he doesn't deserve to ever again wear a Blue Bombers jersey. It also bugs me that current management shows such obvious disregard for recent history - and disrespect for fans and former players. They may not be mindful of that - new slate etc. but to bring in a player like Bryant, who demonstrated an utter lack of professionalism while here, borders on arrogance more than desperation. Such arrogance is not a good sign and will inevitably boomerang on Walters, O'Shea and Bellefeuille down the road. 

You guys have no idea of what a total schmuck Mike Kelly was.

I can't blame anyone for not wanting to play for him.