Deal done!

Hilarious that they usurped Morreale and they hate this deal.

The CFLPA's first mistake was ousting Moreale in that fashion.

The second was thinking they could transfer anything they learned from Don Fehr to the CFL.

Then, they compounded that into asking way too much to start, it was never a realistic starting point, and urging the players to use social media to reach out….well now the players are wondering why that cash train didn't stop at their depot.

Apparently they did get some victories, in cash bonuses and no option year contracts, but, we'll have to wait for confirmation.

Hope they got a good starting salary raise.

**Is it Monday yet?

I actually think the players had a much better bargaining position than even they believed... you really think the owners/management would have undermined their own TV deal - like as in the TV deal they have been chasing for years and years and years.  No way.

CFLPA blinked.  I doubt a strike would have lasted more than a couple games without the owners sweetening the deal.

Dec 24 RT @MauricePrice17: Oh yall thought the only dudes gettin money playing pro football was in the #NFL?? #CFLMe #AllHunnits #Blessed #Yep pic.twitter.com/eFsFIwRZqB

Dec 24 RT @MauricePrice17: We gettin money & we only 4 1/2 hours a day to get it !!! Lol #CFLLife #Livin

June 7 RT @MauricePrice17: There is no way we agreed to THAT

What happened? :ph34r:

I think this could work out in the players favour in the long run. The league is starting to bring in significant revenue now, the sort of cash that will allow them to improve the league overall. More money should be available for the things we've complained about for years like officiating, facilities, advertising, etc. These are the sort of things that will improve the league's image and hopefully win over new fans. If the CFL plays it's cards right, they could be making way more money by the time this new CBA expires. That would be the time for the players to try to strike it rich. However, with a league like the CFL, where most players don't stick around more than a few years, it can be tough for the players to take a long-term point of view regarding the CBA.

Most those tweets are from stampeder players it seems. 

I thought the jason vega tweet summed it up nicely

Put the phones down and #gotobed

It really seems like a handful of stamps players are the only ones upset, the rest of the players seem to be fine with it

I noticed that too about the negative tweets that are being highlighted are from Stamps players. It's not the first time either iirc.

Here are some tweets from Matthew Scianitti :

Matthew Scianitti ‏@TSNScianitti 
What we know: B4 the lengthy conference call a CBA term of 4, 5 & 5+1 were discussed. The salary cap $5million, increased 50K a season

What we know: Before the conference cal, sources said The "Revenue Protection Clause" (threshold to reopen cap talks) set at $27mil

Some key #CFLPA gains, b4 conference call: A ratification bonus $7.5K & $1.5K, with PA controlling bonus. 6+ yr vets could get 12K #CFL

Another key player gain, before conference call: The elimination of the option year, apart from rookie contracts. #CFLPA #CFL

Some details of the agreement:

The source said the agreement calls for a $5-million salary cap. Although the exact term of the deal wasn't immediately known, the source added the two sides had discussed a four-year contract early Saturday that called for cap increases of $50,000 annually.

However, after the league and union ended their formal talks in the afternoon, the source said two additional options were brought into play prior to the conference call with player reps: a contract covering five years or five plus a one-year option.

The CFLPA had initially wanted a $6.24-million cap before amending its demand to $5.2 million. Last year, the CFL salary cap was $4.4 million.

Players will also reportedly receive signing bonuses of $7,500 for veterans and $1,500 for rookies. The CFL minimum salary also increases $5,000 to $50,000, something the two sides had agreed to earlier.

The league did get a major concession from the union on the gross revenue formula that would trigger the renegotiation of the cap or entire collective agreement.

The players, who initially wanted the CBA to include revenue sharing, had called for the cap or entire agreement to be renegotiated if league revenues increased by more than $18 million — excluding the Grey Cup — in the third year of the deal. The CFL wanted that figure to be $27 million and the union ultimately agreed.

The source added the agreement also calls for the elimination of the option year on CFL contracts, excluding rookies, which the union had wanted. Also, the players' practice day goes from 4.5 hours daily to a maximum of six hours with just one padded practice a week during the season.

I think this could work out in the players favour in the long run. The league is starting to bring in significant revenue now, the sort of cash that will allow them to improve the league overall. More money should be available for the things we've complained about for years like officiating, facilities, advertising, etc. These are the sort of things that will improve the league's image and hopefully win over new fans. If the CFL plays it's cards right, they could be making way more money by the time this new CBA expires. That would be the time for the players to try to strike it rich. However, with a league like the CFL, where most players don't stick around more than a few years, it can be tough for the players to take a long-term point of view regarding the CBA.

Hey, someone on here gets it. What I said a few times - there'll be no strike. When was the last time any of you heard of a 'minor league' go on strike. I never have. Now it is a bit difference because we are an independent league, but the bottom line is these guys all want to play in the NFL or they just want to play and this is their part time gig (like Lacrosse players). So striking for them does nothing, and in the end the owners will win no matter what, or the league will fold. Either way, NFL hopefuls lose another road to get there, and the guys that play for the love of the game lose that. 

I said no missed regular season games. My bet is the owners told the PA that for every dime lost on pre-season games, that's how much their offer would go down by before the players agreed to it. If you're a player, what are you going to do. That plus what I bolded above - owners have all the cards