Sheets pleads guilty to possession of weed

http://www.estevanmercury.ca/article/20140507/ESTMERCURY0112/140509941/-1/estmercury0112/estevan-man-to-serve-further-jail-time-following-assault#

Saw this on the Rider site ... interesting if it effects his football career in any way, probably not but makes you wonder about what he must be thinking ...

Such a joke. I'm surprised the cops even did anything with such a small amount of weed. Usually in Canada that gets you a warning at most. Seriously how ridiculous is it that a guy's career could be impacted by something so trivial, something that is legal in some places and will eventually be legal here as well. Even though he was a Rider, I still have sympathy for him and hope it doesn't affect his NFL shot.

One would think that a CFL player who is trying to get into The Big Show for huge dollars and all that comes with it would be on his best behaviour until at least it was a done deal. Besides, they have urine testing down there and THC stays in your system for a long time. He was playing Russian Roulette.

Total loser. You wanna get taken seriously as a pro athlete, act like it. Nobody says you gotta live like Milt, but at least live like DB97. #KeepItToBeerOnly

Well considering the number of pro athletes who smoke weed regularly, I'd say he was doing just fine acting like a pro athlete.

Total loser. You wanna get taken seriously as a pro athlete, act like it. Nobody says you gotta live like Milt, but at least live like DB97. #KeepItToBeerOnly

Well considering the number of pro athletes who smoke weed regularly, I'd say he was doing just fine acting like a pro athlete.

And the guys that get caught pay the price. If they think they're smarter than the system designed to  catch the offenders well more power to them but they're stupid. Like Brandon Browner....

Marijuana possession laws in Canada are ridiculous.  I have 3 friends, 2 lawyers and a judge that get together with our wives every 2 - 3 months for dinner at one our houses.  Usually after supper the men and sometimes women head to the garage and smoke a couple of joints. 

A friend of mine who took many of the same classes as I did would often share a joint just before our exams.   It would settle us down and open up the mind.  But remember, pot was a lot less potent in the 70's as it is today.  

I hate Sheets but I feel he was unnecessarily punished.   

Marijuana possession laws in Canada are ridiculous.  I have 3 friends, 2 lawyers and a judge that get together with our wives every 2 - 3 months for dinner at one our houses.  Usually after supper the men and sometimes women head to the garage and smoke a couple of joints. 

A friend of mine who took many of the same classes as I did would often share a joint just before our exams.   It would settle us down and open up the mind.  But remember, pot was a lot less potent in the 70's as it is today.  

The laws may be silly, but this is not about the law. It is about an athlete who has a chance to make a major career advancement and threw it away. His agent and common sense would have told Sheets that he should be on his best behaviour, but his arrogance and/or stupidity overruled that.

And your assertion that pot opens up the mind is very questionable. It produces a perception that competence is enhanced but it is actually the opposite. How many times have you heard someone say that a few drinks makes him a better driver?

The laws may be silly, but this is not about the law. It is about an athlete who has a chance to make a major career advancement and threw it away. His agent and common sense would have told Sheets that he should be on his best behaviour, but his arrogance and/or stupidity overruled that.

And your assertion that pot opens up the mind is very questionable. It produces a perception that competence is enhanced but it is actually the opposite. How many times have you heard someone say that a few drinks makes him a better driver?

How many times you heard "I was so stoned I couldn't drive right..." ? Hell, I'd even say a tired driver is a more scary driver then a one baked off some weed..

How many times you heard "I was so stoned I couldn't drive right..." ? Hell, I'd even say a tired driver is a more scary driver then a one baked off some weed..

All drivers who do not have full control of their faculties, whether it be from alcohol, drugs, or distracted driving are scary! 

I wonder if he is released down south, will the riders take him back.? They do have a 'no tolerance' policy when it comes to players actions off the field. Of course they can try to shuffle it off and make their policy look like pure hypocrisy. It'll be interesting to see how this goes, both down south and here.

I wonder if he is released down south, will the riders take him back.? They do have a 'no tolerance' policy when it comes to players actions off the field. Of course they can try to shuffle it off and make their policy look like pure hypocrisy. It'll be interesting to see how this goes, both down south and here.

I don't think a CFL team will ever reject a player because they got caught with less than a quarter of marijuana. 

I don't think a CFL team will ever reject a player because they got caught with less than a quarter of marijuana. 

Nor should they.