GDT 3 pm: Victory Day

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sometimes a coach can show all the patience in the world but it doesn't make a difference. I think if you're an American qb, you either get it or you don't.

I think it’s all about putting in the extra work in the film room and off the field. I’ve read Wilson is doing this. I haven’t heard of barriere is. 

10 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Can't see them keeping 4 QB's around, 2 on the roster 1 on the PR is more efficient and cost effective, Sask. does it but it always proves rather wishy-washy and pointless as they end up cutting most of them anyway.  If a Bomber QB goes down they can always pick up a temp. like Arbuckle or Cornelius hot off the couch.

Barriere may suddenly develop  a mysterious but lingering ailment. Its been known to happen.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think it’s all about putting in the extra work in the film room and off the field. I’ve read Wilson is doing this. I haven’t heard of barriere is. 

You figure everyone else is staying and putting in the time, and Barriere is like "nahhh I'm good..." And is heading home early? C'mon... Everyone is doing the same level of work... Some just catch on quicker than others. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

You figure everyone else is staying and putting in the time, and Barriere is like "nahhh I'm good..." And is heading home early? C'mon... Everyone is doing the same level of work... Some just catch on quicker than others. 

That is the most likely line of reasoning. If Barriere had been here more than 10 days I'd really consider him a bust. Right now I'd love to see the guy get until the end of camp and maybe some PR time before deciding he doesn't get it.

13 hours ago, Tracker said:

Barriere may suddenly develop  a mysterious but lingering ailment. Its been known to happen.

Might but if he’s on the ir the can’t practice and I don’t think can be in film/meetings. Though that might be one of those rules no one follows. 

11 hours ago, GCn20 said:

That is the most likely line of reasoning. If Barriere had been here more than 10 days I'd really consider him a bust. Right now I'd love to see the guy get until the end of camp and maybe some PR time before deciding he doesn't get it.

Gotta be patient with some qbs.  I think it all comes down to his attitude and coach ability. 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And really both ints that the guy threw were identical. Right to a player he obviously didn't account for. That's learning the game with an extra body.

Yep. And dru brown was worse. Just as jittery, but he couldn’t even handle snaps or hand offs. Now he’s the next big thing potentially in the league. 

he still hasnt proven anything....is he a system benefactor from being here 3 yrs?....with same guys the whole 3 yrs?....or is he a legit talent who an step in anywhere and produce...we shall soon see...I have my doubts until proven otherwise

2 hours ago, Booch said:

he still hasnt proven anything....is he a system benefactor from being here 3 yrs?....with same guys the whole 3 yrs?....or is he a legit talent who an step in anywhere and produce...we shall soon see...I have my doubts until proven otherwise

I always liked what I saw from Brown. Stylistically he reminds me a bit of ZC, but scrambles a bit like Reilly. 

Jury is absolutely out on him, he could be the next Mike Reilly, or the next Nick Arbuckle.

50 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I always liked what I saw from Brown. Stylistically he reminds me a bit of ZC, but scrambles a bit like Reilly. 

Jury is absolutely out on him, he could be the next Mike Reilly, or the next Nick Arbuckle.

That's a pretty wide range there.  I hope Brown lights it up all year in every game except against us.  Then we crush Ottawa in the Grey Cup, and see them driven before us, while we listen to the lamentations of their media...

33 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That's a pretty wide range there.  I hope Brown lights it up all year in every game except against us.  Then we crush Ottawa in the Grey Cup, and see them driven before us, while we listen to the lamentations of their media...

I hope he succeeds too. League needs an influx of new talent.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft 

I'm definitely cheering for Ottawa in the East. Against everyone but us... Would love nothing more than for DB6 to light it up. The kid has the potential to be very exciting!

6 hours ago, Booch said:

As do I. I wish Brown well but I think he may turn into this year's Nick Arbuckle. Ottawa is desprate for a legit CFL starting qb. They'll throw money to any player tnhey think can become one. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

As do I. I wish Brown well but I think he may turn into this year's Nick Arbuckle. Ottawa is desprate for a legit CFL starting qb. They'll throw money to any player tnhey think can become one. 

if I was a non-Winnipeg CFL GM right now, other than a few select teams (and no if I was Sask I wouldn't be running with Trevor Harris), not sure what else I would have done if I had a shot at having Dru as my starter, rather than going with what I had last year.  Maybe I'm wrong??

Edited by kelownabomberfan

52 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if I was a non-Winnipeg CFL GM right now, other than a few select teams (and no if I was Sask I wouldn't be running with Trevor Harris), not sure what else I would have done if I had a shot at having Dru as my starter, rather than going with what I had last year.  Maybe I'm wrong??

I mean mbt came back, ancestral spirits and all. But yeah brown is the only blue chip in league next guy we’ve seen in a while. Last couple flopped hard. 
 Personally, I’d go heavy sets with a really good running qb and pound with some option and simple passing package. Play some bully football. Wils and macs are smaller than ever. Athletic big tes are more available than ever and don’t have a real market value up here. Run 21 and 22 form sets and make a bunch of 200 lbs guys try to get off the blocks of 250+ lbs guys. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Brown has more talent than Arbuckle.  I wouldn’t compare the two. Ottawa also has amassed quite a bit of talent around the qb and could be a force in a weak East division. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Brown has more talent than Arbuckle.  I wouldn’t compare the two. Ottawa also has amassed quite a bit of talent around the qb and could be a force in a weak East division. 

Toronto is in big trouble. They may only win 3 games.