2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s THE story that GCn20 is using to refer to Chad Kelly as a sexual predator.

He got charged with trespassing (the house was unlocked) and wandered drunkenly into someone’s home, was comfortable enough to sit next to them on the couch and start mumbling to them while dressed as Woody from Toy Story (aka he was probably so smashed he thought he was at the right house and thought he was talking to someone he knew) and then got confrontational with the husband when he chased him off with either a bat or a pipe, I forget (because he’s a moron and he probably couldn’t understand why anyone had a problem with the mixup)

Idiot? Absolutely. Sexual predator? Based off that story? Reach.

That's a drunk not a sexual predator. It didn't sound like he was interested in anything sexual (thankfully). He's either on a psych ward now getting treatment for mental illness or going to AA meetings.

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The Martin etc era was much shorter the post bishop era had soo many bad QBs it’s hard to compare. 

• Drew Willy 
  • Brian Brohm
  • Robert Marve
  • Dom Davis
  • Max Hall
  • Jason Boltus
  • Justin Goltz
  • Alex Brink
  • RJ Archer
  • Joey Elliott
  • Buck Pierce
  • Brandon Summers
  • Zac Champion
  • Steven Jyles
  • Casey Bramlet 
  • Ricky Santos
  • Bryan Randall
  • Richie Williams
  • Michael Bishop
  • Stefan Lefors

This is the list that I could come up with.... a whole lot of yikes.  I also didn't realize that Brink/Elliott lasted three seasons with us.  

During this timeline... the only QB that had a good TD to INT ratio was Jyles with  19 TD - 7 ints.    A really ugly time.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

• Drew Willy 
  • Brian Brohm
  • Robert Marve
  • Dom Davis
  • Max Hall
  • Jason Boltus
  • Justin Goltz
  • Alex Brink
  • RJ Archer
  • Joey Elliott
  • Buck Pierce
  • Brandon Summers
  • Zac Champion
  • Steven Jyles
  • Casey Bramlet 
  • Ricky Santos
  • Bryan Randall
  • Richie Williams
  • Michael Bishop
  • Stefan Lefors

This is the list that I could come up with.... a whole lot of yikes.  I also didn't realize that Brink/Elliott lasted three seasons with us.  

During this timeline... the only QB that had a good TD to INT ratio was Jyles with  19 TD - 7 ints.    A really ugly time.

Wow that’s abysmal. Crazy to look at how long that list is. 

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

• Drew Willy 
  • Brian Brohm
  • Robert Marve
  • Dom Davis
  • Max Hall
  • Jason Boltus
  • Justin Goltz
  • Alex Brink
  • RJ Archer
  • Joey Elliott
  • Buck Pierce
  • Brandon Summers
  • Zac Champion
  • Steven Jyles
  • Casey Bramlet 
  • Ricky Santos
  • Bryan Randall
  • Richie Williams
  • Michael Bishop
  • Stefan Lefors

Ricky Santos was a short-yardage all star. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

• Drew Willy 
  • Brian Brohm
  • Robert Marve
  • Dom Davis
  • Max Hall
  • Jason Boltus
  • Justin Goltz
  • Alex Brink
  • RJ Archer
  • Joey Elliott
  • Buck Pierce
  • Brandon Summers
  • Zac Champion
  • Steven Jyles
  • Casey Bramlet 
  • Ricky Santos
  • Bryan Randall
  • Richie Williams
  • Michael Bishop
  • Stefan Lefors

i believe Joey Elliot was a 2 time player of the week.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Speaking of qb's...Pigrome has been cut loose in Ottawa....I wonder IF we still have some interest or has that ship sailed

I'm guessing the only way this happens is if the two guys they brought into camp look bad then maybe at that point they bring back Piggy. 

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm guessing the only way this happens is if the two guys they brought into camp look bad then maybe at that point they bring back Piggy. 

4 qbs under contract right now. 2 have experience in the league, 1 has experience in our offence. If we are going to go 5 arms, Pigrome would be the perfect guy. Wont have to learn the offence, or the league like the 2 rookies. 

Imo, the sweet spot for arms in camp is right in the 4-5 range. More than that and multiple guys aren't getting enough reps. Less than 4 is playing with real fire. Right now we have 17 dbs under contract, with 16 wrs. A bit less than the 20 ish we normally roll into camp with, but plenty of time plus the draft still to go. 

We also have a high rate of cutting rookie qbs with in a few weeks of them landing. There is an eye test or some thing that weeds guys out here FAST. So with 2/4 rookie qbs going into camp right now, I believe we will sign 1 more qb between now and the start/end of rookie camp. Pigrome has oodles of talent, and could back up strevy with the run package etc. It would allow us to sit and groom Barriere at our own pace. That said, I don't know the last time we cut a QB, and ended up bringing them back. So for me, while it's a clear win and a perfect pick up It makes entirely too much sense and is one of those moves that we just don't seem to make. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

4 qbs under contract right now. 2 have experience in the league, 1 has experience in our offence. If we are going to go 5 arms, Pigrome would be the perfect guy. Wont have to learn the offence, or the league like the 2 rookies. 

Imo, the sweet spot for arms in camp is right in the 4-5 range. More than that and multiple guys aren't getting enough reps. Less than 4 is playing with real fire. Right now we have 17 dbs under contract, with 16 wrs. A bit less than the 20 ish we normally roll into camp with, but plenty of time plus the draft still to go. 

It would allow us to sit and groom Barriere at our own pace. That said, I don't know the last time we cut a QB, and ended up bringing them back. 

Didn't we cut Prukop then brought him back????thought we did that last year

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Man. Pigrome had 1 preseason game against cuts and then looked like crap so we let him go and ppl think there is interest there at all? lol. Oh boy. 

You’re talking trash about his pre season, camp and rookie camp play, writing it off based on one short yardage play lol. You were also certain no one else was gonna pick him up. Or roster him. 
 All the purpose is listed in comparison to our rookies, and number of arms needed. 

barriere is a guy worth sitting on for a year based on arm talent alone. I hope he isn’t one of those two weeks and out guys. 

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was so bad I remember some posters here being angry Justin Goltz was benched. That list makes you wonder why people wanted Brown to start over Collaros.

oh man team goltz days that was bad. We had soo many flops. 
 Brown isn’t any thing like goltz. By that logic we should’ve stuck with kerwin bell over khari. 
 The move would’ve been to go with strevler and brown. Then we’d have an insurance policy. 

Streveler plays with reckless abandon. Having an extra running qb would be a good idea, since he’s our back up to collaros and a package weapon. 

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pigrome would be pointless here. Streveler does what he does but better. 

Yep, don't see any reason for the Bombers to pick him up, but hope some other team gives him a shot as 3rd string, showed more natural talent than most rookies and would still be cheap.

Of all the quarterbacks outlined in the list above, the one I had particular fondness for was our current offensive coordinator, Buck Pierce. Yes he was on the downside of his career but I still thought he played okay if he wasn't too banged up. He could huck the ball and make plays with his legs. He was filled with heart and intensity. I just enjoyed watching him play. But yeah, he is turning out to be a way better coordinator than he was a QB, even at its prime. Always was and still is a favourite of mine.

After going to one of the links on 3 Down Nation I was swarmed by ads so much so that I couldn't read the article. I've not had to endure that in a very long time. I do get their email updates and it's a nice summary but after today I'm just not so sure I'm interested in anything they do anymore. This seems to be a real drop-off in their substance and allowing their subscribers to be pestered by unsolicited advertising reeks of STUPID. They were okay and sometimes good but now… Oh wow!