2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Just now, bearpants said:

I don't care what would've happened if the ball hadn't hit the crossbar.... idiots like to say the Bombers got lucky... I say the Riders luck finally ran out... on that final drive there was the Sayles almost pick that would've ended the game... BA almost had a pick that would've ended the game... if Fajardo holds on to that "incomplete" a split second longer, it's a fumble and the game is over... Rider finally stopped fluking that final drive.

most definately...the horseshoe finally fell out

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

most definately...the horseshoe finally fell out

Honestly not much different than the Als last drive in the GC. Fajardo throwing up hopes and prayers. Only thing is lady luck smiled on him this time. That 50 yard completion to Mack was the flukiest thing I've witnessed. That is picked off 99 times out of a 100. Just a lame duck wobbler that was massively underthrown. Mack made an amazing play on that.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Mack was the als grey cup mop without a doubt. Chicken salad made from chicken ****.

Yea....really all of the Als receivers played lights out. He should have been picked half a dozen times if his receivers don't fight like junkyard dogs to prevent it and make the play.

Edited by GCn20

45 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It was an interception almost definitely. The DB was cutting under him and the receiver had made zero effort to come back to the ball to prevent it.

It's the Rider motto:

Translated from latin this is the Riders motto:

"Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory"

"Rapere cladem de faucibus victoriae?"

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

18 hours ago, bearpants said:

I don't care what would've happened if the ball hadn't hit the crossbar.... idiots like to say the Bombers got lucky... I say the Riders luck finally ran out... on that final drive there was the Sayles almost pick that would've ended the game... BA almost had a pick that would've ended the game... if Fajardo holds on to that "incomplete" a split second longer, it's a fumble and the game is over... Rider finally stopped fluking that final drive.

That game should have been over on the strip  sack earlier in the drive.
The ball came out when Fajardo’s hand was next to his hip and the command centre called it an incomplete pass. 

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Does anyone know how much? I’d imagine a significant raise from last season. 

No numbers mentioned in the 3DN piece other than to say he made 340k last year...

That's a weird extension, given the givens. 

VAJ would have taken a bit less but he'll have a lot of guaranteed money on that extension. So, why lock him in all the way to 2026? Was there a chance he would leave? 

47 minutes ago, bluto said:

I'd guess he's joining Zach and the Chad in the 600 Club.

Honestly. Very happy with this. BC and Toronto had the money to spend so I feel like 2023 was the year for both teams to make a run, this levels the playing field quite a bit and if that means BC can’t afford to keep other players then so be it.