2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Need to take off the Blue/Gold tinted glasses when people are suggesting MBT/Harris are only serviceable or mediocre.     

I'm guessing folks on here do not remember what it is like to have a bad QB.   

Harris used to be better but he’s burned toast. It’s not impossible that he has a resurgence, but it is very unlikely with his ol in ssk. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Harris used to be better but he’s burned toast. It’s not impossible that he has a resurgence, but it is very unlikely with his ol in ssk. 

Just watching the guy he's one of the best between the 30 yard line to the next 30 yard line. Then, when it counts the most, not so much. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Harris is a modern day Kevin Glenn,  he's a good stop gap QB until they find the next one.  Riders have significantly bigger issues on the o-line and the defense which they need to focus on before thinking of becoming a contender. 

In terms of kgs career average level of play I agree. He did turn it up to a level higher than harris, but very similar passers with similar faults. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He is not more over rated than say Demarco Houston...

“Maybe the most overrated”

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. That mantle belongs to Nick Marshall

He isn’t in the league anymore. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See I don't even see Sayles as the most over rated db on his own team

Agree with this. The only issue with sayles is he’s a robin who acts and is treated like Batman. He’s still an exceptional athlete who makes plays. You can have that guy, but you can’t field a secondary filled with those guys. Even two is tough to maintain. I think every great D needs that guy though. Holm reminds me of sayles, but not as physical, with more potential to be a steady cover guy. I’d take sayles back today. 
 Sayles imo is a better db now than rose, Houston, or ba. Rose is serviceable and versatile, ba is burned and Houston is a poor man’s sayles. 

5 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Oh he is. Teams look his way all day. 

Because he's generally covering the #1 or the #2. He can play every position including Sam and safety. And do it well. He is also a.solid open field tackler and can bring the lumber. Not to mention his ability on the blitz. I'd take him over Houston in a heart beat.

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Because he's generally covering the #1 or the #2. He can play every position including Sam and safety. And do it well. He is also a.solid open field tackler and can bring the lumber. Not to mention his ability on the blitz. I'd take him over Houston in a heart beat.

I'd take Mike Jones....

3 hours ago, Booch said:

neck and neck with him and Houton...Would throw Marshall in there as the leader, but he will be playig for the prison team in Georgia....so he's off the list now

Yea but we don't know who is over rated before they play only after and Marshall was king overrated in 2023.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

See I don't even see Sayles as the most over rated db on his own team

Nah - you probably just focus on the super obnoxious guys like Peters. 

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Welp, tomorrow's the start of the craziness.... Curious if we start getting lots of information from the various talking heads tomorrow about offers and what not....

I find it takes a day or two to start hearing anything interesting.