2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Lions have done a great job re-signing their top end receivers for just over $200k, the Bombers are disadvantaged by the prospect of paying their 2 top end guys at least $50k more each.

The Lions have done a great job re-signing their top end receivers for just over $200k, the Bombers are disadvantaged by the prospect of paying their 2 top end guys at least $50k more each.

It helps keep prices down when your top 2 are not nearly as good as our top 2

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

That's easy. Drive from Coutts Alberta to Fort Mac in a electric Volvo wagon with bumper stickers that say, "I'm gay, I voted for Trudeau and I'm coming to take your guns away." You may not survive, but you will be infamously remembered.

No chance in hell.  Not enough super chargers to make that trip in under 40 days!

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It helps keep prices down when your top 2 are not nearly as good as our top 2

Totally disagree, the top 2 receivers on either team could be interchangeable, and overall top to bottom the Lions have the league's most dangerous receiving corps IMO.  Looking over their roster at this time of the year they have 7 receivers 6'-3" or taller, including a 6'-8" 225 lb. monster.  The Bombers have 2, Alston and BOLO, whos' probably headed out the door.

57 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Totally disagree, the top 2 receivers on either team could be interchangeable, and overall top to bottom the Lions have the league's most dangerous receiving corps IMO.  Looking over their roster at this time of the year they have 7 receivers 6'-3" or taller, including a 6'-8" 225 lb. monster.  The Bombers have 2, Alston and BOLO, whos' probably headed out the door.

The most dangerous receiving core when they play indoors, maybe.  All that size hasn't done squat for that team when it counts (ex: in the cold at IGF, come playoff time).

53 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I blame that more on their QB's limitations.

Which QB?  They disappeared in cold weather under both Rourke and under Adams.  

They've got Adams again next season so unless they get home field advantage, do you expect them to suddenly tear it up?

On 2024-01-16 at 5:20 PM, Noeller said:

a classic old man thing to say...

You ain't that far off. ;)

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

If they flag him for pushing off... he gets a lot less productive.

If we could afford Cottoy, I wouldn't be against signing him.

I like Rhymes a lot. Have to see how he fares after his knee injury

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Totally disagree.

Hatcher is probably out for the season, maybe back in October.

Hollins is pretty clearly a third receiver.  When Rhymes went out they used McInnis and Cottoy a lot more.  Hollins is good not great at getting separation, more of a zone buster playing off others.

I think BC will be all over Schoen.  I'm not really sure why anyone should care about the 6'8 31 year old receiver who hasn't made a team since D2.

If you had a draft of all CFL players, Lawler or Begelton would probably be the first receiver off the board.  They are the only two guys with the full route tree and just crazy dangerous with the ball.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I can see Rhymes going to Montreal to replace Mack.  

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I've been expecting them to make a big push for Schoen. 

27 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I could see every CFL team making a big push for Schoen. 

I was thinking the same. I've got nothing to back that up other than it just feels like a very Alouettes thing to do.

And not everybody will be in for Schoen... My team has FA/Salary issues aplenty without trying for that sort of move.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Totally disagree.

Hatcher is probably out for the season, maybe back in October.

Hollins is pretty clearly a third receiver.  When Rhymes went out they used McInnis and Cottoy a lot more.  Hollins is good not great at getting separation, more of a zone buster playing off others.

I think BC will be all over Schoen.  I'm not really sure why anyone should care about the 6'8 31 year old receiver who hasn't made a team since D2.

If you had a draft of all CFL players, Lawler or Begelton would probably be the first receiver off the board.  They are the only two guys with the full route tree and just crazy dangerous with the ball.

I agree, and Schoen would be nipping at their heels in 3rd because all he does is get open and produce. If Lawler or Schoen were the same size as Hatcher etc they would be in the NFL. 

16 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Oh no...they are big...that must make them the best. BC does not have a receiver that is nearly as dangerous as Lawler/Schoen. They have big receivers that rack up yards because BC refuses to run the ball ever. I'll take Lawler and Schoen thank you very much.

Edited by GCn20

47 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I could see every CFL team making a big push for Schoen. 

Schoen is a unicorn type receiver that just seems to be open every play. The guy's production is just off the charts. He's only been in the league two years. We need him back.

Edited by GCn20