2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

7 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Mike O'Shea said that pound-for-pound Janarion Grant was undoubtedly the toughest player on the squad. Of course no one is irreplaceable. But guaranteed whoever is returning kicks this season will not be in Grant's class. I feel bad for him because the ankle/foot injury that cost him was a really dumb play call - a handoff that had him running a counter up the gut into heavy traffic.

Sometimes Buck gets a little too cute on those gimmick plays. He was brought up by Lapo after all. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Sometimes Buck gets a little too cute on those gimmick plays. He was brought up by Lapo after all. 

I wonder who the best OC buck worked under up here was. Im imagining it wasn't a bunch of elite offensive minds calling the offence. I think he was mainly the starter when Dorazio had his stint as OC in BC. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder who the best OC buck worked under up here was. Im imagining it wasn't a bunch of elite offensive minds calling the offence. I think he was mainly the starter when Dorazio had his stint as OC in BC. 

Probably Lapo himself. I think we had Gary Crowton and Jamie Baressi here during Bucks time. 

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm guessing this has something to do with a TSN segment. But I'm not sure I like him taking reps from guys...it's not a huge deal sure... but still 

He's making a comeback, BigBlue! The legend has returned.

But, I'm certain MOS wouldn't let Milt take any meaningful reps. I would hope he's just a positive influence for the rookies in camp. 

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

But, I'm certain MOS wouldn't let Milt take any meaningful reps. I would hope he's just a positive influence for the rookies in camp. 

kind of like O'Shea's son was in rookie camp last year.

I mean its rookie camp. We will probably cut 5+ of those guys by the end of mini camp. We've got 4 qbs plus buck could still toss as needed. Plus we have a converted QB-WR. Im not worried about touches. I don't get the point, though. Unless milt really is keen on a come back which I also cant imagine. 

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean its rookie camp. We will probably cut 5+ of those guys by the end of mini camp. We've got 4 qbs plus buck could still toss as needed. Plus we have a converted QB-WR. Im not worried about touches. I don't get the point, though. Unless milt really is keen on a come back which I also cant imagine. 

If memory serves both Buck and Danny Mac were chucking the ball around in camp last year.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Knowing Milt and his confidence levels, I'm sure he thinks with a bit of game conditioning he could play but he chooses not to. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Knowing Milt and his confidence levels, I'm sure he thinks with a bit of game conditioning he could play but he chooses not to. 🙂 

I mean skill wise if he is any where near sharp and not end up in a wheel chair after each game as a naturalized NI he probably could. But weve also rostered a couple wrs over the past 2 years whove not even seen the field. 

I don't think Milt is thinking that this is some kind of stunt....He wants meaningful reps. ...Gotta give it to him and I'd like to see him take a long bomb to the house courtesy of the newbie Barriere.....Some guys just refuse to get old...lol

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

No such thing as bad publicity.

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No such thing as bad publicity.

True short of Chad Kelly lol. Just doesn’t seem like what we’d do. 

38 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't think Milt is thinking that this is some kind of stunt....He wants meaningful reps. ...Gotta give it to him and I'd like to see him take a long bomb to the house courtesy of the newbie Barriere.....Some guys just refuse to get old...lol

Be soo awesome. Be even to see him score a championship ring. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yup like when I volunteered coaching and tried to sell a triple reverse flea flicker to the head coach that would require 38 seconds for the play to materialize. My goal was to make the middle vein of his head throb with frustration. Goal achieved!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Milt's 54. He's doing this as a TSN stunt. Might be fun to watch tho. 

100% this on all counts.

Also, I stand by the fact that he'll still be able to play as long as there's no hitting. His hands will be there, his routes will be there, his fitness will be in the top half of the team. His speed won't be the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made some rookie DBs look like assholes out there...

Edited by Noeller

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup like when I volunteered coaching and tried to sell a triple reverse flea flicker to the head coach that would require 38 seconds for the play to materialize. My goal was to make the middle vein of his head throb with frustration. Goal achieved!

Can only imagine the blank stares the budding football players would have as you tired to explain the play.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

100% this on all counts.

Also, I stand by the fact that he'll still be able to play as long as there's no hitting. His hands will be there, his routes will be there, his fitness will be in the top half of the team. His speed won't be the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made some rookie DBs look like assholes out there...

If he makes any DBs look like assholes out there then I will have concerns about our scouting department. No offense to Milt, but he is 54 and hasn't played in 15 years. Our DBs coming to camp should be the elite just out of the NFL recruits in their low-mid 20's. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

If he makes any DBs look like assholes out there then I will have concerns about our scouting department. No offense to Milt, but he is 54 and hasn't played in 15 years. Our DBs coming to camp should be the elite just out of the NFL recruits in their low-mid 20's. 

This is fair, and you basically stole his quote from Tait's piece..... But he's also the greatest, smartest receiver to ever play the game.