Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Personally, i thought one big gaffe that has largely gone unnoticed was O Shea not challenging that 'incomplete pass'

Sure, Als were in 3rd down thereafter but that allowed them to punt instead of us getting the ball closer to midfield.

Thoughts? Anyone else felt that was a fumble?

I don’t think it would have mattered. The offence couldn’t do anything anyway by that point. 

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Honestly i dont think it is fair to put Calvillo on the same level as Collaros.

As in... AC was a way better pocket passer.

It’s not close. Put Collaros in that era and he’s slightly above average at best. 

7 hours ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Montreal got away with a lot of pushing and shoving after the whistle.  And that last sack on Zach, what was the Montreal player doing?  Was he trying to remove Zach's jockstrap through his uniform?  Seemed to go on long after the whistle, but again nothing from the refs.

Tbh most every team has for a couple years. I don’t like it, but the league has no interest in cracking down on it. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've said what I said about Zach and I'm fine with it..... but this is really true. When we sacked Faj to get to 2nd and 18, that should have been the end of it. The fact that we let them not only get out of that 2nd and 18 but score a major from it? That's ******* embarrassing for our entire defense and if not for that, we'd be having WAY different conversations today. 

Faj running to get 13 of those 18 yards back to set up their 3rd and five was a kick right to the nut sack. Shoulda never happened. Too many spectators on that play would be my guess.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've said what I said about Zach and I'm fine with it..... but this is really true. When we sacked Faj to get to 2nd and 18, that should have been the end of it. The fact that we let them not only get out of that 2nd and 18 but score a major from it? That's ******* embarrassing for our entire defense and if not for that, we'd be having WAY different conversations today. 

What I find disturbing is that O'Shea even let Bighill play with a torn calf muscle. He was exposed badly on that TD pass to the Als slot as he couldn't cover the receiver. If O'Shea let Biggie play just so he had a chance to have his name added to the Grey Cup, then that is wrong on so many levels. What happened to Team First? Having Bighill out there hurt us badly. He never should have played. I think O'Shea is the bigger problem. Not Collaros. 

Our secondary plays with pillows. They never put the hammer down when they have the chance. Were so nice. I was watchinng our DBs in man coverage & they were playing off the receivers nearly ten yards. So, Fajardo just kept throwing underneath. It was pitch & catch with our DBs not able to stop it as we're too far away. 

Lol. After time to reflect, there's some serious reaching go on in here 

Bottom line. Montreal wanted it more. Osh is the problem? We have been to 4 straight cups ffs, 

The problem last night was collaros and the D... but more so Collaros.  Fajardo outplayed Collaros ffs. Does anything else need to be said?

Cody Fajardo was better than Collaros 

Our D is being **** on but do ppl really think 24 frigging points is enough to win? 

We didn't seem prepared tho and that's ultimately on coaching 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Faj running to get 13 of those 18 yards back to set up their 3rd and five was a kick right to the nut sack. Shoulda never happened. Too many spectators on that play would be my guess.

Playing scared at that point. Ritchie needs to be shown the door but we know that won't happen.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What I find disturbing is that O'Shea even let Bighill play with a torn calf muscle. He was exposed badly on that TD pass to the Als slot as he couldn't cover the receiver. If O'Shea let Biggie play just so he had a chance to have his name added to the Grey Cup, then that is wrong on so many levels. What happened to Team First? Having Bighill out there hurt us badly. He never should have played. I think O'Shea is the bigger problem. Not Collaros. 

Our secondary plays with pillows. They never put the hammer down when they have the chance. Were so nice. I was watchinng our DBs in man coverage & they were playing off the receivers nearly ten yards. So, Fajardo just kept throwing underneath. It was pitch & catch with our DBs not able to stop it as we're too far away. 

Our secondary used to come flying down on everything and lay out big hits, right up until the beginning of last year. 
BA’s been playing much softer since his injury and they don’t really have any big hitters to make up for it. 
Parker can do it when he’s  coached to. So can Nichols.  The rest, I’m not sure either way. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t think it would have mattered. The offence couldn’t do anything anyway by that point. 

Yeah we were commenting that thanks to that incredibly crappy punt we got the ball pretty much where the fumble occurred and we recovered the ball anyway.  It didn't matter.  The offense just rolled right over.

Just now, Goalie said:

Bottom line. Montreal wanted it more. Osh is the problem? We have been to 4 straight cups ffs, 

The problem last night was collaros and the D... but more so Collaros.  Fajardo outplayed Collaros ffs. Does anything else need to be said?

Our D is being **** on but do ppl really think 24 frigging points is enough to win? 

O'Shea won't part with veterans or coaches he likes. He'll still mismanage the roster. Nothing will change. Yeah, he is a problem. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Playing scared at that point. Ritchie needs to be shown the door but we know that won't happen.

He has his good days but as a whole, it’s starting to look like the game is passing him by. Hasn’t ever really had an answer for max protect. 
It’s how Hamilton shitkicked us in the 2019 regular season. Tbh, I’m quite surprised more teams haven’t used it exclusively against us. 

41 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I think Chris Walby does.  Brady yards indicate good o line..

re rose..... how well did he play this season, anyone remember? My memory isnt great, but I remember him not being that good. 

d backfield has been really up and down this season. 

seems like the newer guys are just not as good as those they replaced. 

( one guy gone to NFL, how to replace him?)

but ......how did the D go from what they did v. Adams and B.C. 

to this mess?  game on the line, second and twenty something, and,let a running qb escape to the outside?

just pathetic. horrible.

Has to be the scheme, cause it's the same players.

and... Maas and thorpe did a better job than our guys.

and danny added guys that we could have used. 

also, face the fact. 

Faj played well. probably was the best game of his career. he made passes I have never seen him make.

reminds me of that grey cup, the shitty qb came in and the game of his life. 

we cant ever make fun of faj again.

Rose when he got back in lineup was more than fine....and didn't whiff on tackles over and over

Brady's yards were not a result of Kolo...he's an undersized guy who was on the street for 2 yrs that nobody wanted...and was basically a emergency sign...Eli was a top 3 ranked centre in the NCAA and was likely to be a 4th..5th round pick in NFL draft

And what newer guys?...we never replaced any, and let any potential talent walk in TC...or the ones we kept let sit on PR all yr and not play

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What the hell happened on that 3rd down? How did some nobody just run right past the D. It wasn't even a great throw, Parker may have got to it if he wasn't scrambling to catch up.

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rose when he got back in lineup was more than fine....and didn't whiff on tackles over and over

Brady's yards were not a result of Kolo...he's an undersized guy who was on the street for 2 yrs that nobody wanted...and was basically a emergency sign...Eli was a top 3 ranked centre in the NCAA and was likely to be a 4th..5th round pick in NFL draft

And what newer guys?...we never replaced any, and let any potential talent walk in TC...or the ones we kept let sit on PR all yr and not play

Kola is only effective when he’s un touched and allowed to skate to the 2nd level and down block a smaller guy. And this year a lot of teams have realized it and been sending guys on blitzes and twists at him or lining up right on the nose. 

8 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

What the hell happened on that 3rd down? How did some nobody just run right past the D. It wasn't even a great throw, Parker may have got to it if he wasn't scrambling to catch up.

Bad tackling and a lack of gang tackling is a classic sign that the defensive coach doesn’t have the room. They don’t hate or dislike hall, they love him I’m sure. But he’s soft and they know it. You know none of those guys are being held accountable. It’s hard to get vets to keep doing that at old age. It takes a task master. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Kola is only effective when he’s un touched and allowed to skate to the 2nd level and down block a smaller guy. And this year a lot of teams have realized it and been sending guys on blitzes and twists at him or lining up right on the nose. 

Bad tackling and a lack of gang tackling is a classic sign that the defensive coach doesn’t have the room. They don’t hate or dislike hall, they love him I’m sure. But he’s soft and they know it. You know none of those guys are being held accountable. It’s hard to get vets to keep doing that at old age. It takes a task master. 

yup a chip or a 50 block then move to next level is his only asset....anything else he gets over powered or just doesn't have the combo of size and power to handle any stunts or speed rushes and move it away....was a weak spot all yr despite all this praise...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yup a chip or a 50 block then move to next level is his only asset....anything else he gets over powered or just doesn't have the combo of size and power to handle any stunts or speed rushes and move it away....was a weak spot all yr despite all this praise...

It just goes to show how many people including pundits etc don’t watch the line play and don’t understand it. 

On the bright side Eli looks as good as ever. He was smashing the dl back 4 or 5 yards all the time. He should be the C next year hands down. 
 I’d give Dobson a long run at guard too. Let him figure some stuff out and it won’t even take too long I’m sure. 
 With how trim yoshi is now I wonder if he’d work well at guard? It can be hard for such tall guys to play inside but I think he’d be best off sliding in now. 

53 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We didn't seem prepared tho and that's ultimately on coaching 

Against Montreal 24 points should have been plenty.

Let's face it....the biggest concern is the 'fall off' in Zacks game...He isn't the qb. of a couple of years ago....The most important position on the club has to be addressed.....IF we let Brown walk in fa without letting him know he's considered to be the guy in waiting , then we deserve the bleak future that will be awaiting us....In any event remaining status quo is not going to cut it here anymore....Tough decisions are on the horizon and I would clearly luv to hear what is the future of one, Kyle Walters, with regard to his future and intentions with the club...We need to set this straight immediately and IF we're going to be in the market for a new GM, we better get on it....Also Buck Pierce's status with club should also be forthcoming as well....Lot's of work to do

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It just goes to show how many people including pundits etc don’t watch the line play and don’t understand it. 

On the bright side Eli looks as good as ever. He was smashing the dl back 4 or 5 yards all the time. He should be the C next year hands down. 
 I’d give Dobson a long run at guard too. Let him figure some stuff out and it won’t even take too long I’m sure. 
 With how trim yoshi is now I wonder if he’d work well at guard? It can be hard for such tall guys to play inside but I think he’d be best off sliding in now. 

yeah....most dont know what they looking at, or what the responsibilities are for most part....and if you know a basic blocking scheme it's easy to spot the whoopsies where a guy messes up, but makes it seems someone else screwed up

Eli just moves guys....plain and simple and is in shape similar to when at Hawaii...He has to be at centre next year.....Dobson as well....just needs to be put in a spot and allowed to grow into it....like you said....withing 3 games he would be totally where he needs to be.

You have talented interior talent...that's young and coming into their prime....You don't let them walk.

8 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Seriously, does MOS think this is a ******* Disney movie?

Bighill was unplayable with his injury. I can understand bringing Schoen out there with a snap count and for specific situations, and he did well in those situations as a clutch second down converter. But the roster decision of Bighill over Rose or Haba/Fox, and then having him out there in the second half covering a slotback instead of having Cole or Clements do it was in my opinion the biggest blunder. Gauthier was noticeable in a very good way compared to a hobbled Bighill.