Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't even know that it's that. I really do believe that the guys are just too old to play every snap. We needed better young cheap depth and didn't have it. 

This 2nd half was a lot like the Ottawa game.  It was like this game was happening to them but they weren't really a part of it.  Like in 21 they could stop the bleeding now they are just watching the play roll by.

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think so. Our guys are the best in the league overall but they have forgotten how much they should hate losing imo. Fat and sassy. 

Humility needed to be served a day it was.

I see that this is your opinion- I just don't see how you came to this conclusion... I mean unless you have some weird new Earth shattering revelation about the team and how they comport themselves behind closed doors... its a poor take and just reeks of fan entitlement. 

The only humility needed was the ******* grey cup week thread where the hubris was strong.  As for the players... I fail to see the drivel you wrote above applying to the team as a collective. I get it- your angry and upset, most of us Bomber fans are- just get your head out of your butt and reread what you wrote....

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's MOS himself.

How old was he when he retired? And probably thought he could still do it. 

That whole Argo organization had a core of Canadians, linemen, defenders who played together from Flutie well through Pinball coaching.  They pulled another one off in 04 but we mostly right around .500 the whole time and gave people tough games if they had a half decent QB or whatever you could call Damon Allen in the 2000s.

It's almost exactly what MOS has constructed here.  Now we just need to hope he can move on from some guys when the time is right and not only if they piss on his thought on work ethic like Harris.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

7 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I see that this is your opinion- I just don't see how you came to this conclusion... I mean unless you have some weird new Earth shattering revelation about the team and how they comport themselves behind closed doors... its a poor take and just reeks of fan entitlement. 

The only humility needed was the ******* grey cup week thread where the hubris was strong.  As for the players... I fail to see the drivel you wrote above applying to the team as a collective. I get it- your angry and upset, most of us Bomber fans are- just get your head out of your butt and reread what you wrote....

Go pound sand. I don't need to prove anything, the proof is in the pudding. The only thing you didn't pull out of your butt in the above post is that I am upset at this loss. Watched a team that should have won crap the bed AGAIN. Our team was outworked and outplayed in this game. Shouldn't have happened 2 years in a row against lesser teams. You wanna defend it go ahead, but that doesn't make me the one with my head up my ass.

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Go pound sand. I don't need to prove anything, the proof is in the pudding. The only thing you didn't pull out of your butt in the above post is that I am upset at this loss. Watched a team that should have won crap the bed AGAIN. Our team was outworked and outplayed in this game. Shouldn't have happened 2 years in a row against lesser teams. You wanna defend it go ahead, but that doesn't make me the one with my head up my ass.

and-good-morning-to-you-too-seth-meyers.

32 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

The hard part is having to see highlights of Faj and his smug ass face smoking a cigar!  That and the off season waiting to see what changes are made in hopes of making the team better.

giphy.gif

Never watch the highlights until 48 hours after a GC loss. Ever.

The next time I sit at my computer after a loss- I close all my sports tabs and just rant here. It is waaaaay healthier this way. 

43 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

The hard part is having to see highlights of Faj and his smug ass face smoking a cigar!  That and the off season waiting to see what changes are made in hopes of making the team better.

Yeah, the TV's gonna remain off for a little while. No interest in seeing any of that.

Edited by Jesse

Life consists of isolated event and patterns, and patterns can be changed. This Grey Cup game was, in so many different ways, a repeat of last year, Collaros was the worst QB on the field, and the defence played well in the first half but rolled over to give up the big plays in the second half, Bomber halftime adjustments were either non-existent or inadequate, Demerio Houston is a puzzlement- obviously talented but every time the opposition needs a big play, they go after him. And the Bomber front 7 were beaten repeatedly. We mocked Fajardo and other Alouette players, but they got the job done, whereas the Bombers' key players did not-I'm looking at you, Collaros. As in 2022, the game was there to be won with even an average effort by our team, but there were too many tight collars yesterday. This is gonna reek for a long time to come, and all we are likely to get from the Bomber brain trust are cliches and platitudes.

14 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

giphy.gif

Never watch the highlights until 48 hours after a GC loss. Ever.

The next time I sit at my computer after a loss- I close all my sports tabs and just rant here. It is waaaaay healthier this way. 

I still haven't watched highlights of last year.

Just now, Tracker said:

Life consists of isolated event and patterns, and patterns can be changed. This Grey Cup game was, in so many different ways, a repeat of last year, Collaros was the worst QB on the field, and the defence played well in the first half but rolled over to give up the big plays in the second half, Bomber halftime adjustments were either non-existent or inadequate, Demerio Houston is a puzzlement- obviously talented but every time the opposition needs a big play, they go after him. And the Bomber front 7 were beaten repeatedly. We mocked Fajardo and other Alouette players, but they got the job done, whereas the Bombers' key players did not-I'm looking at you, Collaros. As in 2022, the game was there to be won with even an average effort by our team, but there were too many tight collars yesterday. This is gonna reek for a long time to come, and all we are likely to get from the Bomber brain trust are cliches and platitudes.

Worst part is we know how fickle this sport can be. The last two years of missed opportunity could look even worse if another 29 years (I guess 27 now) pass.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well....I guess as a consolation prize we still West Division champs...so there is that, and I see no reason why we shouldn't be next yr if we play our cards right.

Yeah, I'm trying hard to move forward after last night. Start thinking about the offseason. Figure out who our GM is, who's retiring, what's our roster going to look like next year?? Trying to focus on the future, but man, it still really stings yet..... 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I'm trying hard to move forward after last night. Start thinking about the offseason. Figure out who our GM is, who's retiring, what's our roster going to look like next year?? Trying to focus on the future, but man, it still really stings yet..... 

I by no means am equating the loss of a loved one to a championship loss, but it's still grief.  Just like any grieving process, it's gonna take time for this one to sink in.  There is a next year. 

I was thinking last night as I tried in vain to fall asleep (I got there, but man it took a long time) that this was almost easier when there were no expectations of us, year in and year out. But expecting to be great and expecting to win.... then you repeatedly lose to inferior teams in the big game......... it's really really hard. 

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking last night as I tried in vain to fall asleep (I got there, but man it took a long time) that this was almost easier when there were no expectations of us, year in and year out. But expecting to be great and expecting to win.... then you repeatedly lose to inferior teams in the big game......... it's really really hard. 

It was easier to be a loser for sure. 

Even if they had been blown out last night it would have been easier. The ups and downs are tough man. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I hope that your job interview went well. Seriously!