Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition

Nolby

15 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I half expect him to be ready to return sometime next August....along with Mike Miller.

Mike Miller ain't coming back imo.

14 hours ago, ddanger said:

I like it! However....if the Jeffs are dominating BC's crap o'line, which I totally believe they will, VA doesn't even come close to 400 yards. I'm generous to let him have 200, but that's it.

Garbage time stats.

Given the forecasted -4 to -7 windchill (wind gusting to 30) and 80% humidity (dampness), I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Zach and VAJ throw for under 225 yards.  I think the Bombers will run for more than 175 though.  

Thinking somewhere along a 20-14 win for the Blue that will be in doubt for a good part of the game.  I will be drunk by the final whistle.

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The Eastern Final is going to be shown at the pre-game tailgate:

Nice. My oldest wants to head there right after the Michigan-Penn State game. A little early for my liking but he's had to miss a few games this year, so I won't begrudge him for wanting to spend extra time in the tailgate. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Nice. My oldest wants to head there right after the Michigan-Penn State game. A little early for my liking but he's had to miss a few games this year, so I won't begrudge him for wanting to spend extra time in the tailgate. 

It's usually a good time. We drive to Stone Angel and park there for the game. Have a pint or two there, then walk to IGF and spend a good hour in the tailgate area. Lots of fun for sure. Getting excited.... Fly out later tonight and will be hitting the breweries tomorrow for some "pre celebrating"!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's usually a good time. We drive to Stone Angel and park there for the game. Have a pint or two there, then walk to IGF and spend a good hour in the tailgate area. Lots of fun for sure. Getting excited.... Fly out later tonight and will be hitting the breweries tomorrow for some "pre celebrating"!

A 1.6km (as the crow flies) walk. 

TIL

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Going back to 1972, the club has had 3 announced playoff sellouts, and 2 complete sellouts. 

1981 West semi-final vs BC 32,936 (capacity 32,946) lost 15-11

1987 East final vs Tor 32,946 (capacity 32,946) lost 19-3

2001 East final vs Ham 29,503 (capacity 29,503) won 28-13

The Toronto game is the club record for a playoff game. If we sell out this game, we will set a new record at 33,236. According to Ticketmaster we have just under 1,000 tickets available. If their numbers are accurate, we will set a new IG Field playoff record this year, surpassing the 31,160 set in 2021 vs Saskatchewan. Source for all figures is www.cfldb.ca

2011 definitely sold out. 

https://stats.cfldb.ca/league/cfl/schedule/2011/11/20/ham-at-wpg/

26 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yes, if the so-called last game ever at CanadInns didn't sell out you could have fooled me. Commemorative golden tickets were given out, at least to season ticket holders. Chris Garrett combined for nearly 200 yards and scored a TD on the final play of the game. It would have / should have been the perfect way to close down that stack of rubble. Unforgettable.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If we sell out this game, we will set a new record at 33,236. According to Ticketmaster we have just under 1,000 tickets available. If their numbers are accurate, we will set a new IG Field playoff record this year, surpassing the 31,160 set in 2021 vs Saskatchewan. 

This is no longer the capacity at IGF and has not been for years. 

It is 32k -something. 

They renovated the north endzone to create a social area - and I think they removed a few seats in other sections as well. 

29 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Yes, if the so-called last game ever at CanadInns didn't sell out you could have fooled me. Commemorative golden tickets were given out, at least to season ticket holders. Chris Garrett combined for nearly 200 yards and scored a TD on the final play of the game. It would have / should have been the perfect way to close down that stack of rubble. Unforgettable.

I also damn near froze to death. Did not respect the cold and learned a harsh lesson about dressing too lightly. Feet, hands, head/face get cold quick if you dress like an idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

This is no longer the capacity at IGF and has not been for years. 

It is 32k -something. 

Going off the cfldb website, this is what it says:

2013-2016 capacity is listed at 33,422. 

2017-present capacity is listed at 33,022.

In 2013 in our inaugural game we had 33,500 listed as the attendance. We got there again in that year’s Banjo Bowl. So I regarded that number as a full sellout. 

2014 two announced sellouts, both against the Riders. Attendance recorded as 33,234, so that appeared to be the new sellout number. 

2015 Banjo Bowl was the only sellout, at 35,156 due to the expanded Grey Cup seating in place. That is the IG Field record for a Bomber game (all-time stadium record is 36,634 for that year’s Grey Cup). 

2016 again Banjo Bowl is only announced sellout at 33,234. 

2017 despite the supposed reduction in seating capacity by 400, the Banjo Bowl sellout records an attendance of 33,134. Only sellout that year. This exact scenario and numbers are recorded in 2018 and 2019.

2021 Banjo Bowl only sellout at 33,234.

2022 back-to-back sellouts for Rider games, recorded as 33,234.

2023 4 announced sellouts (and counting, hopefully) and they are recorded as 32,344 at the Banjo Bowl and 32,343 at the next 3, despite the official capacity still being listed at 33,022 still. So I guess the official “sellout” mark is now 32,343, having changed this year (not sure what renos were done to reduce capacity). Looks like the 1987 record is safe until 2025 at least. 

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/battle-of-the-year-could-come-down-to-turnovers-running-game-in-~2803108

The Lions and Blue Bombers played each other three times in the regular season with neither team winning on their home field”

This is absolutely embarrassing that they don’t even know that we absolutely **** kicked them 50-14 @IGF. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

In 2013 in our inaugural game we had 33,500 listed as the attendance. We got there again in that year’s Banjo Bowl. So I regarded that number as a full sellout. 

2014 two announced sellouts, both against the Riders. Attendance recorded as 33,234, so that appeared to be the new sellout number. 

2015 Banjo Bowl was the only sellout, at 35,156 due to the expanded Grey Cup seating in place. That is the IG Field record for a Bomber game (all-time stadium record is 36,634 for that year’s Grey Cup). 

2017 despite the supposed reduction in seating capacity by 400, the Banjo Bowl sellout records an attendance of 33,134. Only sellout that year. This exact scenario and numbers are recorded in 2018 and 2019.

2023 4 announced sellouts (and counting, hopefully) and they are recorded as 32,344 at the Banjo Bowl and 32,343 at the next 3, despite the official capacity still being listed at 33,022 still. So I guess the official “sellout” mark is now 32,343, having changed this year (not sure what renos were done to reduce capacity). Looks like the 1987 record is safe until 2025 at least. 

That isn’t the capacity anymore. They made the renovations years ago - like pre Covid I’m pretty certain. They took a bunch of seats out of the top of the North end-zone. 

Edited by Geebrr

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The fluctuations might be due to having tickets not attached to a seat.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/battle-of-the-year-could-come-down-to-turnovers-running-game-in-~2803108

The Lions and Blue Bombers played each other three times in the regular season with neither team winning on their home field”

This is absolutely embarrassing that they don’t even know that we absolutely **** kicked them 50-14 @IGF. 

That isn’t the capacity anymore. They made the renovations years ago - like pre Covid I’m pretty certain. They took a bunch of seats out of the top of the North end-zone. 

They did make the renos a few years ago to add the north end standing room decks, but still got 33,234 in the stands for a sellout before this season, down from the 33,500 in the first couple of years. Not sure why this year a sellout is recorded at 32,343. Anyone know what changed in the stadium layout this year? Or was standing room ticket availability reduced because of a fire marshall ruling or something?

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

All these renovations are years old. 

I know, but the announced attendance for a sellout only dropped this season, and my mind was still working off what I had heard since 2015 was a sellout. Hodge’s tweet they the club was mid-identifying the sellout capacity in past years clears that up. 

Demski and Bailey were limited at practice today and Schoen hasnt been officially ruled out yet.

From CFL.ca:

The Bombers listed six players as questionable for the game on Saturday, including receivers Dalton Schoen (ankle), Nic Demski, (ankle), Jeremy Murphy (hip), Greg McCrae (shoulder) and Rasheed Bailey (knee). Defensive lineman Jackson Jeffcoat (hip) was a full participant the last two days after sitting out on Tuesday but was also listed as questionable.

Four players won’t be available for the Lions, including defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (shoulder), linebackers Jack Hinsperger (head/shoulder) and Ben Hladik (knee) and running back Kienan LaFrance (triceps). Defensive back Garry Peters (knee) practised fully on Thursday and will be available for the game

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/07/bombers-lions-injury-reports-schoen-hladik-sit-out-tues/

Edited by WinnipegGordo

17 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

For those that talked about the Lions  practicing in the dampness in Surrey, they have actually been practicing at BC Place the last 3 days. 

lol... and Farhan said they're prepared for both the cold and noise............good luck with that.