CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yup the basis of the team is built, just a matter of replenishing through drafting and recruitment which thankfully has been a strength for this group.

And on top of that a strong cultural foundation has been built and keeps getting stronger that can be very attractive to a skilled player wondering which of the nine teams he would best thrive.

We are the class of the league. I'm enjoying this. 

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

That’s just an abomination for anyone - forget it being our PxP guy. 

Yeah, I take his role out of it completely. It’s nonsensical because of the players’ seasons and how much they impact the game versus their peers.

Brady affects so much of what we do, in the running and passing game. Betts made 18 plays during the entire season. Whoopdie do basil.

58 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He suffers from smartest guy in the room syndrome for sure. Pretty good on the call but takes his own opinions entirely too seriously.

Great point. I like his work on the broadcasts but disagree with his voting and his explanations for his choices.

I also find it funny that he's a big proponent of CFL Fantasy but is not particularly good at it.

24 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I take his role out of it completely. It’s nonsensical because of the players’ seasons and how much they impact the game versus their peers.

Brady affects so much of what we do, in the running and passing game. Betts made 18 plays during the entire season. Whoopdie do basil.

And turned out to be a huge liability vs the run.

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Betts was good at one thing and one thing only. And, he wasn't even good at that in the second half. In fact, the entire BC defense was horrible. 

If the Jeffcoat or Jefferson could be as irresponsible as Betts, they would get 20 sacks a season each. But, they're trying to win games, not personal trophies. 

Here are the stat lines of two defensive players from the west final:

Player 1: 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 knock downs, 0 forced fumbles
Player 2: 2 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 knock downs, 1 forced fumble

One player is the league's most outstanding defensive player... the other wasn't nominated  😋

There's a lot of anger on this thread... but last night's award ceremony actually made me very happy... I love it when everyone disrespects the Bombers... the Bombers only care about the one trophy that matters... let the other babies have their bottles. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

it's been said a whole bunch, but it bears repeating: Because this fan base supports the team no matter what... through losing and winning and whatever.... we never need to be propped up like BC/Tor/etc. Never need to be fellated like the Gappers do. So nobody outside of this little 204 bubble gives a **** about us, and honestly would prefer that we weren't talked about at a league level. People HATE that the Bombers are now consistently good (in the midst of a true dynasty) and can't wait for this to end so they can go back to ignoring us. 

I was thinking that its not often the majority of fans at a Grey Cup are supporting the Bombers.  The Bombers either seem to be playing against the host team or playing in a city where they are dispised.

Even this year most people will be cheering for the Als as they are the Cinderella story being the team that didnt have a owner at the beginning of the year.

Would sure be awesome if the Bombers are in the 2025 game.

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

I just don't logically understand how an avg 3rd best qb in the league wins mop over a Canadian rb with 2000 combined yards 

The C = Canadian right? 

BFL for sure Bush Football league

Dude, Chad Kelly winning MOP does not even crack the top 100 list of sketchy things that have happened in the CFL.

There is only one trophy that matters and this year Chad Kelly ain't getting his name on it.

5 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Dude, Chad Kelly winning MOP does not even crack the top 100 list of sketchy things that have happened in the CFL.

There is only one trophy that matters and this year Chad Kelly ain't getting his name on it.

Its not even the sketchiest thing involving Toronto. Think about the Ricky Ray deal.

The equalization draft of the 1980s would have made heads explode around here.

The equalization draft was basically an expansion draft but for the poor sisters of the league.  I remember Ottawa received equalization players -- they had been very very bad for several years at that point.  Maybe Regina did too.

7 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Or how Toronto didnt have to pay for going over the cap, or being one of the teams that was given an extra Draft pick for no good reason.

Or how they were owned by the BC Lions owner for several years.

I know people **** on him here but David Braley is on my good guy list.  Imagine loving the CFL enough that you would own not one, but two teams.  Still, super sketchy and a very weird look for the league.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Great point. I like his work on the broadcasts but disagree with his voting and his explanations for his choices.

I also find it funny that he's a big proponent of CFL Fantasy but is not particularly good at it.

Would love it for #97 to call him out on it during Sunday's pre-game. 

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

A few Bomber examples;

Brock (80,81), Clements (87), Stegall (2002).

I think he means has the MOP never played AGAINST the league champions. Obviously if the MOP is on the eventual Grey Cup champs they would not play against themselves, but I will look into it to see if the MOP has ever not played a game for OR against that year’s champs. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

The official 2023 CFLPA All-Star are as follows:

Offence

QB — Chad Kelly (TOR)
RB — Brady Oliveira (WPG)
FB — David Mackie (BC) 

SB — Dalton Schoen (WPG)
SB — Tim White (HAM)
WR — Austin Mack (MTL)
WR — Alexander Hollins (BC)

C — David Beard (HAM)
G — Brandon Revenberg (HAM)

G — Peter Nicastro (TOR)
OT — Jermarcus Hardrick (WPG)
OT — Stanley Bryant (WPG)

Defence

DT — Jake Ceresna (EDM)
DT — Mike Rose (CGY)
DE — Folarin Orimolade (TOR)
DE — Mathieu Betts (BC)

WLB — Wynton McManis (TOR)
MLB — Adam Bighill (WPG)
SLB — Adarius Pickett (TOR)

CB — Demerio Houston (WPG)
CB — Garry Peters (BC)
HB — T.J. Lee (BC)

HB — Marcus Sayles (BC)
S — Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)

Special Teams

K — Sean Whyte (BC)
P — Richie Leone (OTT)
LS — Jorgen Hus (SSK)
Special – Javon Leake (TOR)

Coach – Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)

https://cflpa.com/2023-cflpa-all-star-team

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

A few Bomber examples;

Brock (80,81), Clements (87), Stegall (2002).

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The official 2023 CFLPA All-Star are as follows:

Offence

QB — Chad Kelly (TOR)
RB — Brady Oliveira (WPG)
FB — David Mackie (BC) 

SB — Dalton Schoen (WPG)
SB — Tim White (HAM)
WR — Austin Mack (MTL)
WR — Alexander Hollins (BC)

C — David Beard (HAM)
G — Brandon Revenberg (HAM)

G — Peter Nicastro (TOR)
OT — Jermarcus Hardrick (WPG)
OT — Stanley Bryant (WPG)

Defence

DT — Jake Ceresna (EDM)
DT — Mike Rose (CGY)
DE — Folarin Orimolade (TOR)
DE — Mathieu Betts (BC)

WLB — Wynton McManis (TOR)
MLB — Adam Bighill (WPG)
SLB — Adarius Pickett (TOR)

CB — Demerio Houston (WPG)
CB — Garry Peters (BC)
HB — T.J. Lee (BC)

HB — Marcus Sayles (BC)
S — Marc-Antoine Dequoy (MTL)

Special Teams

K — Sean Whyte (BC)
P — Richie Leone (OTT)
LS — Jorgen Hus (SSK)
Special – Javon Leake (TOR)

Coach – Ryan Dinwiddie (TOR)

https://cflpa.com/2023-cflpa-all-star-team

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think he means has the MOP never played AGAINST the league champions. Obviously if the MOP is on the eventual Grey Cup champs they would not play against themselves, but I will look into it to see if the MOP has ever not played a game for OR against that year’s champs. 

Yes, I mis-read the question. I was thinking of those that didnt play in the championship.

I would hazard to gues that Mike's example never occured before as teams have played each other at least twice in the past and most MOPs would have dressed for a majority of their games.

Edited by WinnipegGordo

4 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yes, I mis-read the question. I was thinking of those that didnt play in the championship.

I would hazard to gues that Mike's example never occured before as teams have played each other at least twice in the past and most MOPs would have dressed for a majority of their games.

Yeah I’m curious if this is the first time that’s ever happened when the Bombers win on Sunday