1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/11/04/its-too-late-to-buy-stock-in-this-football-team-alouettes-qb-cody-fajardo-shuns-bandwagon-jumpers-on-grey-cup-quest/

Sorry everyone, the wagon is all full lol.

This guy is so bad at media relations it's not even funny....well it is funny....but in a bad way.

Fajardo is quick to draw a line in the sand, then spends his days worrying about what people on the other side of the line are saying about him.

I've been going back and forth on this for about 6 weeks.

On one hand, I'd like to play Montreal because they've been the same team each time we've seen them. But they are a better team than the TiCats.

But on the other hand, Hamilton has been a team that sometimes goes out there and lays a total egg and other times plays a tough game. And they've been different every time we've seen them, although some of that goes to seeing different quarterbacks.

Don't get me wrong. We are better than those two teams and we should handle both of them, especially at home in front of one of the largest crowds we've had it BMO. But you always want to play the team that you can get past easier. I just can't see which one that is right now.

Edited by bluto

23 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Can Lions D stop the run?

can not find stats.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023_CFL_League_Stats_Report_Week_21.pdf

they don't make it easy to find -- it's at "stats thru week 21" under the stats menu on cfl.ca

BC fourth overall against the run, giving up just under 100 yards a game.

On the flipside, Calgary third overall in pass defence.

Interesting: Toronto had the second worst secondary in the league from a yards allowed standpoint, they gave up almost 300 yards a game. That's even more interesting when you figure they had lots of games against teams starting their QB3 or Fajardo.

The only worse team at pass defense was Ottawa, and that was a lousy secondary that could not protect a lead at all, it cost them multiple games.

Edited by johnzo

23 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Can Lions D stop the run?

can not find stats.

nope....not in last half of season they cant....to small upfront wore em down

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023_CFL_League_Stats_Report_Week_21.pdf

they don't make it easy to find -- it's at "stats thru week 21" under the stats menu on cfl.ca

Interesting: Toronto had the second worst secondary in the league from a yards allowed standpoint, they gave up almost 300 yards a game.  The only worse team was Ottawa, and that was a lousy secondary that could not protect a lead at all, it cost them multiple games.

thats why if we establish the line....and get BO ripping up yards we should eviscerate their secondary if ZC takes whats there and doesnt force deep shots into double coverage

3 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Interesting: Toronto had the second worst secondary in the league from a yards allowed standpoint, they gave up almost 300 yards a game. That's even more interesting when you figure they had lots of games against teams starting their QB3 or Fajardo.

The only worse team at pass defense was Ottawa, and that was a lousy secondary that could not protect a lead at all, it cost them multiple games.

Not much of a surprise that teams all had to throw against us to catch us.

Mostly we were up by 2 scores, so what else could they do?

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Not much of a surprise that teams all had to throw against us to catch us.

Mostly we were up by 2 scores, so what else could they do?

well yeah, and obviously all those passing yards didn't hurt em on the scoreboard -- third best D in points allowed and 16-2. 

it's just an interesting outlier of a number, especially when compared with Ottawa, which had a bad defence that was like 2005 Bombers bad. If Ottawa was just slightly better defensively, they would've crossed over into the West -- lost a ton of one-score games.

46 minutes ago, bluto said:

I've been going back and forth on this for about 6 weeks.

On one hand, I'd like to play Montreal because they've been the same team each time we've seen them. But they are a better team than the TiCats.

But on the other hand, Hamilton has been a team that sometimes goes out there and lays a total egg and other times plays a tough game. And they've been different every time we've seen them, although some of that goes to seeing different quarterbacks.

Don't get me wrong. We are better than those two teams and we should handle both of them, especially at home in front of one of the largest crowds we've had it BMO. But you always want to play the team that you can get past easier. I just can't see which one that is right now.

Faj will not beat a D like the argos. Hamilton could fluke something out. But faj aside Montreal is a better team. Theynjustbhave such a handicap at qb.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

https://3downnation.com/2023/11/04/its-too-late-to-buy-stock-in-this-football-team-alouettes-qb-cody-fajardo-shuns-bandwagon-jumpers-on-grey-cup-quest/

Sorry everyone, the wagon is all full lol.

This guy is so bad at media relations it's not even funny....well it is funny....but in a bad way.

He should get into coaching after he’s finished playing. He can than get even more polished in his ‘F U fan’ approach by the master himself Mike Kelly.

On 2023-11-04 at 5:29 PM, Piggy 1 said:

Watched the first non Bomber game this season. Talk about boring. Steinhauer should be kicked for not putting BLM in after the half. Als D is legit. Sankey ,Lemon and that FS had monster games. Faj was quietly unspectacular. Used his legs well, I thought.

You don't watch any non-Bomber games?!?!

I am so hopelessly addicted to CFL football, it's probably a diagnosable condition. I rarely, if ever, miss any CFL game. I love the small boutique-ness of the league where you know virtually every player on every team. I really love the pro curling circuit a lot, but there is nothing that I get fired up for like the CFL. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I am so hopelessly addicted to CFL football, it's probably a diagnosable condition. I rarely, if ever, miss any CFL game. I love the small boutique-ness of the league where you know virtually every player on every team. I really love the pro curling circuit a lot, but there is nothing that I get fired up for like the CFL. 

I'm the same. I watch basically every minute of every game....with some exceptions. 

Edited by Bigblue204

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's a pro curling circuit?