1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

5 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

That's the dictionary definition of an anecdote. But ok, whatever, keep pretending.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

No it really isn't. I think you need a new dictionary.

3 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Your credibility takes a hit with comments like this. I encourage you to explore the definition of anecdotal evidence and explain how your argument, which relies solely on personal experience and observation, doesn't fall into that category. 

It's clear that we both share a passion for curling. Let's come together on that common ground and move forward.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

My argument does not at all rely on personal observation or experience. It relies on statistics. The statistic being memberships are up in junior curling at my curling club, and according to the MCA across the province. That my friend is a fact. You can dismiss it as anecdotal if you so wish, but it doesn't make it any less factual....unlike your original claim that was completely, 100% unfounded and completely anecdotal. Just do a google search man. You are so ridiculous in the way you argue that RIch is right, it can only be trolling.

3 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

In the grand scheme of things, my dear friend, it remains an anecdote until you provide the concrete facts. It seems like we've been going around in circles!

Same energy:

Af3n2Q.gif

I'm just trying to figure out who's Ashy Larry in this scenario...

Seriously guys- take it to PM. 

On 2023-11-06 at 9:04 AM, Noeller said:

Yeah, the offseason is SO LONG, I can't imagine missing a game when the season comes around. And that's ALL games, not just Bombes. NFL sucks, the NHL is just too big of a league to follow, with way too many games.... curling gets me through the offseason, but once April rolls around, I'm so ready for CFL news to come back around. I PVR every Bomber game during the season, keep the wins, and rewatch those throughout the offseason to get me through. Thank goodness for technology...

Calgary Stampeders Classics has been uploading tons of old CFL games on Youtube lately.  That's gonna be my offseason CFL hit. 

Can't be bothered to follow the NHL when they don't play meaningful games until May, and NFL is fun once in awhile if a friend is hosting a viewing party.

18 hours ago, johnzo said:

Calgary Stampeders Classics has been uploading tons of old CFL games on Youtube lately.  That's gonna be my offseason CFL hit. 

Can't be bothered to follow the NHL when they don't play meaningful games until May, and NFL is fun once in awhile if a friend is hosting a viewing party.

Agree about NHL. Most nights it looks like 2 teams on a pleasure skate until playoff positioning starts ratcheting up. NFL is the best sport for large group viewing. It allows so much time between actual plays that one can socialize easily and not miss the game. Watching it alone, bores me to tears though. Glad that there is a ton of Bomber content on Youtube and on my PVR to get me through the offseason.

18 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Same energy:

Af3n2Q.gif

I'm just trying to figure out who's Ashy Larry in this scenario...

Seriously guys- take it to PM. 

Fair enough. I don't care enough about his opinion to do so but it is beating a dead horse.