1st Round Of Playoffs: Division Semi-Finals Week

Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

You guys are officially ****** now, Bluto.......

It's Halloween... this is the day to try hexxing us!

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Also never got the benefit of playing Cody Fajardo.

True.

But do go on about how awful we are. Those comments will likely never ever come back to haunt you or any others who want to shittalk a 16-2 team who you may see in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Oh boy.....you never want to hear that kind of backslappin that leads you to beleive you are unbeatable......Never think you can sleep walk through any playoff game cuz that's when you are in for a rude awakening...I hope Hodge keeps it up...heh heh

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Interesting in so much as neither of them is any good, but maybe together they equal almost one whole QB?? 

While I agree that Shiltz isn't very good, it looked like BLM was back to is old self when he played on Saturday.  He was let down a lot by his receivers though so they may be the weak link for them more so that Bo.

the point is that if Hodge says something, you can probably take the exact opposite to the bank....

3 minutes ago, Sard said:

While I agree that Shiltz isn't very good, it looked like BLM was back to is old self when he played on Saturday.  He was let down a lot by his receivers though so they may be the weak link for them more so that Bo.

I thought BLM looked like absolute hot steaming garbage in that game. His throwing shoulder is toast. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the point is that if Hodge says something, you can probably take the exact opposite to the bank....

I thought BLM looked like absolute hot steaming garbage in that game. His throwing shoulder is toast. 

I thought his throws looked a lot crisper than they did last year or earlier this year in the few games that he played.  He had a lot of passes literally bounce off the receivers' hands that really should have been caught.  Had they been, I think they would have been Montreal on Saturday.  Having Tim White back this weekend, I expect that he will be more reliable and will give Hamilton a better chance to win the ESF.

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My guess is Lucky is dealing with injuries again. 

Don't care who wins as long as they beat the snot out of each other so we can welcome the victor into our den letting them know they are not going to enjoy the day.

Lucky carries too high a price tag for his production on the field & how little he plays. 

STAMPS, LIONS INJURY REPORTS: BEGELTON, MIZZELL FULL PARTICIPANTS ON TUES.

The Stamps began their week without defensive lineman Terrell McClain (ankle) and defensive back Brad Muhammad (hand). Defensive back Branden Dozier (calf) was limited. The Stamps’ healthy scratches from their regular season finale were all full participants on Tuesday.

In Vancouver, the Lions were without defensive back Jalon Edwards-Cooper (shoulder) and running back Kienan Lafrance (triceps). Running back Taquan Mizzell (ribs) was a full participant on Tuesday.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/31/stamps-lions-injury-reports-begelton-mizzell-full-participants-on-tues/

TICATS, ALS INJURY REPORTS: JULIEN GRANT SITS OUT ON TUESDAY

Three players sat out for the Ticats on Tuesday, including receiver Tyler Ternowski (shoulder), defensive back Nic Cross (knee) and defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo (head).

In Montreal, the Alouettes opened their week of practice without five players, including wide receiver Kaion Julien-Grant (shoulder) and offensive lineman Pier-Olivier Lestage (knee).

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/10/31/ticats-als-injury-reports-julien-grant-sits-out-on-tuesday/

1 hour ago, bluto said:

True.

But do go on about how awful we are. Those comments will likely never ever come back to haunt you or any others who want to shittalk a 16-2 team who you may see in a few weeks.

Worst 16-2 team ever. I ain't afraid of the Bombers facing them. Argos on the contrary have already shown the fear they have for the Bombers.

1 hour ago, Sard said:

I thought his throws looked a lot crisper than they did last year or earlier this year in the few games that he played.  He had a lot of passes literally bounce off the receivers' hands that really should have been caught.  Had they been, I think they would have been Montreal on Saturday.  Having Tim White back this weekend, I expect that he will be more reliable and will give Hamilton a better chance to win the ESF.

I thought the same as well in that first game he was back

His throws looked to have way more velocity to them, and were night and day from beginning of the year

Two big strikes were totally muffed by his recievers

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Worst 16-2 team ever. I ain't afraid of the Bombers facing them. Argos on the contrary have already shown the fear they have for the Bombers.

As ever, you have a short memory.

Go back to the Champions @ Bombers GDT and have a read thru of what a B- Argo roster selection and a vanilla playbook did at IGF.

Edit: and maybe you aren't afraid of losing to the Argonauts (and good for you if so) but go back to the threads of November 21, 2022 to see what sort of psychic wound a GC loss can inflict on the unprepared. It ain't nothing. My nine year old self still recalls the sting.

Edited by bluto

35 minutes ago, bluto said:

As ever, you have a short memory.

Go back to the Champions @ Bombers GDT and have a read thru of what a B- Argo roster selection and a vanilla playbook did at IGF.

Edit: and maybe you aren't afraid of losing to the Argonauts (and good for you if so) but go back to the threads of November 21, 2022 to see what sort of psychic wound a GC loss can inflict on the unprepared. It ain't nothing. My nine year old self still recalls the sting.

Brady's eyes are prettier than Dinwiddie's eyes. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

How have they shown fear? They are a very good team, and it will not be easy to beat them if the Bombers were to meet them in the GC. They beat us last year with a very inconsistent BMT for most of the game. I would argue had he not got hurt and Kelly had to come in, we would have likely won. Now, with Kelly in control and their excellent running back, receivers, and above-average defence, they will be the favourite. Of course, anything could happen in a one-game playoff. 

Edited by canadianjayhawk

2 minutes ago, canadianjayhawk said:

How have they shown fear? They are a very good team, and it will not be easy to beat them if the Bombers were to meet them in the GC. They beat us last year with a very inconsistent BMT for most of the game. I would argue had he not got hurt and Kelly had to come in, we would have likely won. Now, with Kelly in control and their excellent running back, receivers, and above-average defence, they will be the favourite. Of course, anything could happen in a one-game playoff. 

they refused to play us straight up in the lone game against us this season... Dinwiddie was pants-shittingly scared...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

they refused to play us straight up in the lone game against us this season... Dinwiddie was pants-shittingly scared...

They had no reason to play us straight up with already having first place in the bag. And as I recall, the Bombers still only barely beat them. Listen, I am a lifelong die-hard Bomber fan of 51 years, and I want them to win the GC every year. But I am also not going to dismiss another quality team just because of that. I have had too many years of disappointment ingrained in my memory.

3 hours ago, Sard said:

BLM lost a lot of mobility moving around the pocket, last game he looked old, slow and fat.  If the Ti-Cats beat Mtl. I bet it will be Schiltz to the rescue.

21 minutes ago, canadianjayhawk said:

they beat us with a QB on one leg...and a crappy kicker

and then just barely while they played the game of their lives that day

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The score was closer than the game was make no mistake. Rookie qb didn't do anything after the first couple series.

I’ll sum this up.

Argos suck, always will, no one cares about them cuz they’re shoved down our throats due to ‘it’s the market’, no one cares about their ‘strategies’ other than some random fan (s). They’re the runt of the litter in Ontario, adorable but not taken seriously. I feel for their 3 fans who huff and puff their chests out but that’s the hand they’ve been dealt.