Argos at Bombers, The Big One

Nolby

18 hours ago, bluto said:

Calgary. Where our Guy only played 11 snaps. (And we *never* win there)

Close games? We've won by blowouts more often than not.

"A dream is a wish that your heart makes"

If we show up on Remembrance Day as a healthy team, I see an Argo win via curb-stomp.

Keep thinking that. The playoffs are a funny beast. I know you haven't seen enough games with your team as the favorite, but cold weather and players of suspect character do not mesh well.....and yeah...I said it...I think you guys have a locker room with a lot of me-first guys.

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Keep thinking that. The playoffs are a funny beast. I know you haven't seen enough games with your team as the favorite, but cold weather and players of suspect character do not mesh well.....and yeah...I said it...I think you guys have a locker room with a lot of me-first guys.

I can't think of a bigger misread of our players than this.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

It's disappointing that the Argo's aren't fielding the best team they can. Turns a game I've been waiting for all season into a glorified pre-season game. 

I place the responsibility squarely on the Argonauts organization and the CFL schedule makers. It's undeniably absurd that a Grey Cup rematch hasn't happened until week 17 of the season. The Argos should prioritize sorting out their stadium schedule, not just for their own benefit but also for the sake of the league.

As I often say, welcome to Randy's CFL. Can't wait until he's relieved of his duties as commissioner.

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

I can't think of a bigger misread of our players than this.

I can't think of a fan in bigger denial than this. Your franchise QB is a headcase of epic proportion all on his own. Only a matter of time before he does something truly dumb. Not to mention guys like Edwards etc. Just ass clowns really.

Edited by GCn20

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I can't think of a fan in bigger denial than this. Your franchise QB is a headcase of epic proportion all on his own. Only a matter of time before he does something truly dumb. Not to mention guys like Edwards etc. Just ass clowns really.

You're entitled to your opinion. But I can't see how anyone watches this team and thinks that they're not having a blast playing together and generally enjoying the heck out of their teammates.  You can't fake having fun. And The Chad has done some growing up. This is his team and they all know that he is their ticket to winning.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. Maybe we get killed so bad in our upcoming exhibition game that cracks appear in the facade.

30 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Is he your starting quarterback? 

If not, there is a good chance he gets the W.

Bombers love to make 2nd and 3rd string QBs, world beaters.

I'd love it... just can't see it.

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

**** the argos were getting into fist fights on the sidelines last year.

That's a slight exaggeration, but yes, there was a major brouhaha between (the always-charming) Brandon Banks and Trevon Tate on the sideline in the second game of the year, and after the ninth game there was a fight in the locker room. And as it turned out, all that volatility helped bring the team together off the field as well as on. Over the final 11 games last season (nine RS pls two post-season), they lost a single game that actually mattered in the standings. And over the first 12 (meaningful) games this year, they lost a single game. That doesn't happen with a bad locker room.       

4 minutes ago, pw13 said:

That's a slight exaggeration, but yes, there was a major brouhaha between (the always-charming) Brandon Banks and Trevon Tate on the sideline in the second game of the year, and after the ninth game there was a fight in the locker room. And as it turned out, all that volatility helped bring the team together off the field as well as on. Over the final 11 games last season (nine RS pls two post-season), they lost a single game that actually mattered in the standings. And over the first 12 (meaningful) games this year, they lost a single game. That doesn't happen with a bad locker room.       

Nahhhh... They hate each other! Pinball fosters chaos and instability in whatever he touches!

Actually, when you put it that way PW, we're 21-2 since that dustup! 

Everyone should have sideline volatility!

Edited by bluto

50 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I place the responsibility squarely on the Argonauts organization and the CFL schedule makers. It's undeniably absurd that a Grey Cup rematch hasn't happened until week 17 of the season. The Argos should prioritize sorting out their stadium schedule, not just for their own benefit but also for the sake of the league.

As I often say, welcome to Randy's CFL. Can't wait until he's relieved of his duties as commissioner.

The schedule makers, sure. But this has nothing to do with the Argos' ability to control their stadium access. They were never going to play the Bombers at home this year, thanks to the new, cost-saving schedule that gives teams more intra-division games and less distant travel. 

Should the two teams have played before now? Yes. I've advocated for the season to always open with a Grey Cup rematch in the home of the champions -- a "kickoff classic." IMO there is a way to do this that would not only create a major new event attracting interest across the league, but would also make scheduling way easier. But since this idea is just in my head, we are stuck with the existing scheduling regimen, which has meant Argos played Edmonton and Wpg only once last year, Wpg and BC only once this year, and who knows what the future will bring.

56 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Edwards has been gone from Toronto since the day after Grey Cup, but sure, he's evidence of ass-clownery on the 2023 Argos.

3 minutes ago, pw13 said:

The schedule makers, sure. But this has nothing to do with the Argos' ability to control their stadium access. They were never going to play the Bombers at home this year, thanks to the new, cost-saving schedule that gives teams more intra-division games and less distant travel. 

Should the two teams have played before now? Yes. I've advocated for the season to always open with a Grey Cup rematch in the home of the champions -- a "kickoff classic." IMO there is a way to do this that would not only create a major new event attracting interest across the league, but would also make scheduling way easier. But since this idea is just in my head, we are stuck with the existing scheduling regimen, which has meant Argos played Edmonton and Wpg only once last year, Wpg and BC only once this year, and who knows what the future will bring.

Edwards has been gone from Toronto since the day after Grey Cup, but sure, he's evidence of ass-clownery on the 2023 Argos.

He was just the head of the snake. It runs deep. They've been yucking it up this year because they are winning. They are one bad beat down away from a melt down.

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He was just the head of the snake. It runs deep. They've been yucking it up this year because they are winning. They are one bad beat down away from a melt down.

Feel free to keep believing that; evidence suggests it's not true, but we are all free to believe what we want.  

19 minutes ago, pw13 said:

It's all related to the Argos being treated like third-tier occupants of their stadium. This is evident in the abundance of Monday games, short weeks, and the front-loading of their bye weeks. It's truly a disgrace.

Begone, troll. No one called for your input. 

Am I on an Argo fan site? What the hell is going on here? Argo fans coming in hot letting us know we’re entitled to our own opinions? Wow, cool beans thanks so much.

In unrelated news to continue this intellectual discussion among Argo football scholars, Argos do indeed suck.

32 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

It's all related to the Argos being treated like third-tier occupants of their stadium. This is evident in the abundance of Monday games, short weeks, and the front-loading of their bye weeks. It's truly a disgrace.

Begone, troll. No one called for your input. 

Since I don't think responding to opinions by offering alternative opinions is trolling, I'll try to respond to this one as well. The Argos do in fact share their stadium with one other (regular) occupant, TFC, and occasionally with the Canadian national men's and women's soccer teams. Accordingly, they don't have unfettered access to any date they want. But it's worth noting that TFC and the Argos have the same owner and the same team president, so it might be an exaggeration to suggest the Argos get only the scraps. When the team was owned by Braley and played in the Rogers Centre, it did have an absolutely awful time getting decent home dates. But that ended seven years ago. This year they got three Saturdays, two Fridays, two Sundays and one Monday (which was the final day of a long weekend, so there's not much reason to be concerned about that). No Thursdays, which some fans in some cities detest.

I haven't done a thorough analysis of this year's entire schedule but I'm pretty confident Toronto has had fewer short weeks than some other teams. Having three byes in the first 11 weeks, and none thereafter, obviously sucks and I'm not happy that MLSE either asked for that or didn't fight it. There might be some pseudo-logical reason for wanting it (like easier to sell tickets in the fall than summer) but it's not a good situation for the team to be in. I and some other Argo fans have complained about it on fan forums and Twitter, for what little that is worth.

Just now, pw13 said:

Edited by pw13

39 minutes ago, pw13 said:

Since I don't think responding to opinions by offering alternative opinions is trolling, I'll try to respond to this one as well. The Argos do in fact share their stadium with one other (regular) occupant, TFC, and occasionally with the Canadian national men's and women's soccer teams. Accordingly, they don't have unfettered access to any date they want. But it's worth noting that TFC and the Argos have the same owner and the same team president, so it might be an exaggeration to suggest the Argos get only the scraps. When the team was owned by Braley and played in the Rogers Centre, it did have an absolutely awful time getting decent home dates. But that ended seven years ago. This year they got three Saturdays, two Fridays, two Sundays and one Monday (which was the final day of a long weekend, so there's not much reason to be concerned about that). No Thursdays, which some fans in some cities detest.

I haven't done a thorough analysis of this year's entire schedule but I'm pretty confident Toronto has had fewer short weeks than some other teams. Having three byes in the first 11 weeks, and none thereafter, obviously sucks and I'm not happy that MLSE either asked for that or didn't fight it. There might be some pseudo-logical reason for wanting it (like easier to sell tickets in the fall than summer) but it's not a good situation for the team to be in. I and some other Argo fans have complained about it on fan forums and Twitter, for what little that is worth.

Aren't you supposed to be stuck in 401 traffic right now? How do you find the time to post lengthy essays that no one here has any interest in critiquing?

Toronto FC are the main tenants at BMO, the Argos crawled over there when the Blue Jays told them to take a hike. I can see recall the first Argo game there when TSN was gushing what a great move it was and the place would be packed with tailgaters and younger people would flood to the games because the area was reinventing itself.

There's no reason why in an 18 game schedule, and a 9 team league each team cannot play each other twice.  It makes 0 sense.    Every team should have a home and home.  

Anyways, it's really too bad that Kelly and Harris aren't playing for the Argos.   I just hope the Bombers don't take the game for granted.

GO BOMBERS!

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone gives a single solitary f*** about who Toronto is or isn't playing in this game. I want the Bombers to get 2pts and move on to the important game, in BC next week. I don't give a **** about the two supposed best teams in the league matching up... I only want Bombers wins, however they come.  Best case scenario is we curb stomp these assholes and the cockroaches can go back to the hole they crawled out of. 

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Toronto Argonauts have submitted their final injury reports ahead of their meeting on Friday at IG Field.

In Winnipeg, wide receiver Dalton Schoen (hip) was a limited participant on Wednesday and was listed as questionable for the game, same as defensive linemen Jackson Jeffcoat (hip) and Thiadric Hansen (Achilles). Defensive back Desmond Lawrence (knee) was ruled out for Friday.

The Argonauts will be without three players for the game including linebacker Wynton McManis (ankle) defensive back Jamal Peters (groin) and wide receiver Cam Phillips (groin). Running back AJ Ouellette (foot) practised fully on Tuesday and was limited on Wednesday but will be available. Offensive lineman Isiah Cage (hamstring) was also limited and was listed as questionable for Friday.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/09/25/bombers-argos-injury-reports-schoen-sits-out-on-monday/