Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

4 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Dear god let the game start already so we have some else to talk about

It’s cute that you think this week’s game will stop the “roster management” tirades from happening again next week. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

hahahah....yup.....too much weed today

Given how worked up you get about O’Shea’s roster management and “smug non-answers”, you may want to double your dose of weed, or check it for traces of bath salts. I don’t think it’s working the way it should for you. 

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Does Lawler's salary get saved a bit too or no? Not familiar with rules regarding the suspended list...

That is a good question. 

“Once a standard player contract is signed, the player is entitled to the contract salary, no matter the roster he appears on (active, reserve, injured) except the suspended or disabled lists, until he is released.“

if the player doesn’t get the money I can’t imagine it applies to the cap. So im sure we get the base of his salary off, but not any signing bonuses etc. 

51 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Given how worked up you get about O’Shea’s roster management and “smug non-answers”, you may want to double your dose of weed, or check it for traces of bath salts.

You've shifted from a playful tease to an impolite remark with this comment. Let's aim for a higher standard of communication.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd just like to once again say I'm the exact half way point between Booch and TB4E....

And it's equally painful hearing both ends of the spectrum....

7yekou.jpg

I'd love to go a day or two without hearing the same **** about roster management over and over.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I would also like to go a day without complaining about the roster management.

If only the coach would do something so I could stop complaining.

Hahaha...yeah no doubt eh...I still can't understand how so many think it's hunky dory

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Like win the game?

Wins can gloss over deficiency.

.until it gets to a point where wins disappear more than they appear...do you want to cycle thru that? I wouldn't think so but we on that path if a few things are not corrected ...u can only go so far and ride your top talent so long without adequate backups until it disintegrates...a lot of our back ups who been here ages now wouldn't cut it elsewhere 

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hahaha...yeah no doubt eh...I still can't understand how so many think it's hunky dory

Wins can gloss over deficiency.

.until it gets to a point where wins disappear more than they appear...do you want to cycle thru that? I wouldn't think so but we on that path if a few things are not corrected ...u can only go so far and ride your top talent so long without adequate backups until it disintegrates...a lot of our back ups who been here ages now wouldn't cut it elsewhere 

Booch, you and I agree far more than we disagree on here but it is misleading to say that many think it's hunky dory. From the comments I have seen all through this year on this forum about 98% of this forum recognize there are issues with roster management. What you are calling out isn't a refusal to recognize a deficiency, what you are calling out is a refusal to get all worked up about it. There is a MASSIVE difference between the two. If this coaching trait upsets you fire away, let her rip, but don't get upset and dismissive to posters who aren't quite ready to pick up pitch forks yet. People fully recognize this is a problem, and quite frankly has been since MOS took over, but this problem has been overcome in past years very successfully to the tune of 2 Grey Cup wins and 3 straight GC appearances. That is why many of us are chill about it. MOS has clearly demonstrated an ability to consistently win...not just games but championships....despite his shortcomings. If at some point MOS fails to be able to produce wins as a coach then I am fully willing to dissect every aspect of any short coming he is showing that led to it.

That being said, I wish he would dress Haba and a better returner. I share your concern on that. 

Edited by GCn20

I don't have a pitchfork out..nor am worked up and bothered...just saying...and longer it festers the harder and longer it will take to get back to what we were..key word were....seen this and experienced it before..all I am saying

We havnt won anything this year yet...and we didn't win anything last yr as well...and by wins I mean cup

Also...how roster is managed is also a good way that players tend to walk...culture is great and all...but players wanna play when they know they can be

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't have a pitchfork out..nor am worked up and bothered...just saying...and longer it festers the harder and longer it will take to get back to what we were..key word were....seen this and experienced it before..all I am saying

We havnt won anything this year yet...and we didn't win anything last yr as well...and by wins I mean cup

Also...how roster is managed is also a good way that players tend to walk...culture is great and all...but players wanna play when they know they can be

A team with 3 straight GC appearances and the talent we have is always going to have a hard time getting all their talent on the field. We will have and have had good players walk because we couldn't pay them or we couldn't play them. In that regard, we are victim's of our own success. I'd love to hoard talent but that's just not the reality we face. 

We also have seen numerous players stay in diminished roles here too because of our culture and our winning ways. Rasheed Bailey just immediately springs to mind. Drew Richmond as well, who has turned down a few attempts over the past couple years to be poached.

In all honesty, I think that Walters is going to make a surprise move before the trade deadline to shore up out cup hopes. Likely targets will be from Edmonton, Ottawa, or Hamilton. I would think it will be on defence. Right when we get sleepy on our roster, KW quite often makes a big move. Last year it would have been Lawler, so a big fish this year would not surprise me.

Edited by GCn20

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maaaan, stop giving me these 2003 vibes, I can’t stand it lol 

I see all the parallels too, I just really don’t want to. 

Ugh, we need to see a beatdown today. 

Jackson is a symptom of being a little complacent on the draft/Canadian part of the roster.  They haven’t drafted an H-back type guy in a long while.  They’ve been drafting for special teams, they’ve been complacent with a great group of Canadians but now they are all 30+ and we don’t necessarily have the guys to back fill because we haven’t been getting much out of the draft.

To me it’s nuts (leaving aside the DL) that they’d rather have Jackson on than McCrae.  McCrae is really useful on O even if they aren’t going to use him on punts.  We don’t have any speed coming out of the backfield and you can only go to the well on the jet looks so much because it becomes obvious and a TFL/turnover waiting to happen.  That’s like a 2-3 times a game look.  And if Oliviera leaves a game we’re stuck with Augustine who can’t pass protect and is no threat with the ball.  Yeah looked great playing with Streveler (4 YEARS AGO) when they actually ran a ton of RPO stuff with Harris out.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

52 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

A team with 3 straight GC appearances and the talent we have is always going to have a hard time getting all their talent on the field. We will have and have had good players walk because we couldn't pay them or we couldn't play them. In that regard, we are victim's of our own success. I'd love to hoard talent but that's just not the reality we face. 

We also have seen numerous players stay in diminished roles here too because of our culture and our winning ways. Rasheed Bailey just immediately springs to mind. Drew Richmond as well, who has turned down a few attempts over the past couple years to be poached.

In all honesty, I think that Walters is going to make a surprise move before the trade deadline to shore up out cup hopes. Likely targets will be from Edmonton, Ottawa, or Hamilton. I would think it will be on defence. Right when we get sleepy on our roster, KW quite often makes a big move. Last year it would have been Lawler, so a big fish this year would not surprise me.

One can hope

34 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Maaaan, stop giving me these 2003 vibes, I can’t stand it lol 

I see all the parallels too, I just really don’t want to. 

Ugh, we need to see a beatdown today. 

Agreed 

15 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Anyone else reading more into the fact that Strev’s in the building today, or is it just me? 

You would be foolish to.not think.discussikns have happened and will continue...and this BB vibe and environment could make some juices start to flow for a half season deal...we have the money to do it

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oh I thought he was still on it....either way, I don't see him.coming back this year.

Why not...he can get some play time...a lil coin and be released end of yr to explore his last shot....most teams in NFL don't see him as a viable #2 so really...if he wants to play...it's in Canada...and he's not a spring chicken anymore