Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

Ugh! Anderson in again? What does he even do? He sucks at everything. He is old. He probably lied about military service as well. 

They should  get him the ball more, but probably less. 

We need more screen passes! Why don’t we ever do trick plays?! 

WTF does our coach wear shorts? Booster juice is full of sugar! 

Does Buck have one page in his playbook?! 

This team is so frustrating!! 

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

How was it not an issue? The Dline was gassed in the final 3 mins of the 4th and nothing was in the tank for OT.  A solid rotation along the Dline would have done wonders during that last stretch of that game... and I am also going to lump in the ALLCAPS game... 

Those are two prime examples.

the fine folks just don't see it...or refuse to believe it as they think our coaches do no wrong....cause we won a couple cups a few yrs back now....key word....2 yrs ago when we had dline rotation and depth....hmmm....what a correlation

U can lump the ALlcaps in there...the continued losing of field position battle going on weeks and weeks now...and still festering....and not to mention too many games now where we came out 100% flat and looking totally unprepared

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm wildly uncomfortable with how many people are expecting a big win. This year's edition of the team terrifies me every single week. Never know who's going to show up.

Amen!! I agree with Noeller (which is not always the case). This years addition of the Bombers terrifies me each and every week - Never know who's going to show up and whether or not we figure out a way to self destruct or pull out a big win. Against the Riders (as much as most folks hate them) we need all hands on board and keep the screw ups to a minimum.

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm wildly uncomfortable with how many people are expecting a big win. This year's edition of the team terrifies me every single week. Never know who's going to show up.

Ok boomer or thanks Debbie.

Don't know which one fits better. 🙂

Oh and yes I completely agree with you. Imagine the Riders sweeping us? Makes me nervously sick.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yes, our roster management was not an issue last week. Our first half egg we laid was. When Edmonton took it to us in the first half, that wasn't on roster management either. The only time I think our roster management truly cost us was late in the game against Ottawa and only because the Bombers collectively decided the game was over and started playing completely half arsed and only woke up when the game was on the line and they were dogged out.

We do not need Bennet for ratio reasons but we do have to dress a minimum number of NATs every week. Not saying that's a good reason, but Bennet over Haba is still a benefit roster wise.

Wow...we are lucky to have won a game this year. 

Reductio ad absurdum at its best. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Players, to a man, love him as a coach. Stay with him and flock to him when given the chance. Says all I need to know about what the players think of him. Osh is by FAR the best coach in the league. The players know it, and the results speak for themselves. Does he have a couple quirks....yep....sure does....minor ones though. If our best criticism of him and his staff is who fills out the bottom couple spots of his game day roster than I think we are just fine in the coaching department. I mean really think about that. Who the 45th and 46th men are on our game day roster. That's the beef? Not insignificant, but not earth shattering either.

I remember when the same was said of old Dave. Same is true of every player coach in history. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Having Clements and not taking off Cole is good. 

Unless he signalled for a fair catch in practice, I don’t see why the new returner  isn’t on there yet. 

Haba to the PR is baffling, and quite frankly dumb. 

About the best to be expected out of mos. I hope we don’t lose Habba and I hope it doesn’t cost us. Bad db at Sam, 3rd best dl on the pr, worst imp on the team on the game day. 

hope Hansen is ready soon. 

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

the fine folks just don't see it...or refuse to believe it as they think our coaches do no wrong....cause we won a couple cups a few yrs back now....key word....2 yrs ago when we had dline rotation and depth....hmmm....what a correlation

U can lump the ALlcaps in there...the continued losing of field position battle going on weeks and weeks now...and still festering....and not to mention too many games now where we came out 100% flat and looking totally unprepared

I wonder what it’ll take for people to wake up?  

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Reductio ad absurdum at its best. 

I remember when the same was said of old Dave. Same is true of every player coach in history. 

About the best to be expected out of mos. I hope we don’t lose Habba and I hope it doesn’t cost us. Bad db at Sam, 3rd best dl on the pr, worst imp on the team on the game day. 

hope Hansen is ready soon. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder what it’ll take for people to wake up?  

Wake up to what precisely? Not a single person here is denying that roster management could be better. What the majority of us are saying is that it is not a problem that requires the panic that we are seeing from some posters around here. We actually have bigger problems to overcome than roster management if we hope to win the championship again. You can scream that the sky is falling if you wish....but that just simply doesn't make it so.

Our biggest problem this year is consistency and showing up early in games. Fix that, and we will be just fine even if MOS continues to make head scratching roster moves. In a perfect world he would fix all 3 problems by the playoffs, but that might not even be fair to the league if he does.

And yes....every coach has his day. Dave had his and it was reflected in his win/loss record and an obvious decline in his team's compete level game in and game out. Also, MOS and Dave constructed their rosters and locker rooms VASTLY different....and if you think that Dave was a players coach, you are dead wrong. Players respected him and feared him, but they didn't love him. If you are suggesting that MOS is approaching the point that he is losing his locker room you are out to lunch. You are trying to find massive defect in minor imperfections.

Edited by GCn20

33 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No one says this. Like i said, hyperbole 

fuckk...tons do....not verbatims.....but totally say it...and keep tossing out.....ya but 2 cups say different....well when was that last cup?....and even then...without a game saving play by Nichols on the goal line we would have lost that one too as Ham marched ball down our worn out defensive front's throat against the wind....

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Wake up to what precisely? Not a single person here is denying that roster management could be better. What the majority of us are saying is that it is not a problem that requires the panic that we are seeing from some posters around here. We actually have bigger problems to overcome than roster management if we hope to win the championship again. You can scream that the sky is falling if you wish....but that just simply doesn't make it so.

Our biggest problem this year is consistency and showing up early in games. Fix that, and we will be just fine even if MOS continues to make head scratching roster moves. In a perfect world he would fix all 3 problems by the playoffs, but that might not even be fair to the league if he does.

And yes....every coach has his day. Dave had his and it was reflected in his win/loss record and an obvious decline in his team's compete level game in and game out. Also, MOS and Dave constructed their rosters and locker rooms VASTLY different....and if you think that Dave was a players coach, you are dead wrong. Players respected him and feared him, but they didn't love him. If you are suggesting that MOS is approaching the point that he is losing his locker room you are out to lunch. You are trying to find massive defect in minor imperfections.

where does that issue lay tho?...and does lack of depth/talent not play a role in consistency also?

Woulda shoulda coulda.

If we hit a wide open Harris in the 2018 WF we are going to the Grey Cup. 

Are you saying that we were lucky to win? The teams with the wind behind them had a tremendous advantage that game - trust me I was there. 

Did Hamilton not get the ball in OT?  I just have missed that. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Woulda shoulda coulda.

If we hit a wide open Harris in the 2018 WF we are going to the Grey Cup. 

Are you saying that we were lucky to win? The teams with the wind behind them had a tremendous advantage that game - trust me I was there. 

Did Hamilton not get the ball in OT?  I just have missed that. 

Hamilton was going into the wind on that final drive to tie the game....not with...surely if you were there and knew what you were talking about yu would have realized that...and yeah...we were lucky to win....luck comes in many different forms

Edited by Booch

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

fuckk...tons do....not verbatims.....but totally say it...

No they don't, I read the same posts you do. They're not saying this, all that is being said is chill, the coaches have a positive track record.

For some of you this has gone beyond critiquing the roster and its personal because God forbid anyone has a different opinion on roster make up. 

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hamilton was going into the wind on that final drive to tie the game....not against....surely if you were there and knew what you were talking about yu would have realized that...and yeah...we were lucky to win....luck comes in many different forms

All champions get a lucky bounce here or there..but we went out and won that game legit. Their were 7 DL dressed and rotating in and out that game. Are you suggesting we wore them out?

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All champions get a lucky bounce here or there..but we went out and won that game legit. Their were 7 DL dressed and rotating in and out that game. Are you suggesting we wore them out?

weird....cause we only dressed 6 so must have snuck somebody on...and Jeffcoat got hurt/played 

Edited by Booch

Just now, Booch said:

The official Bomber depth chart actually says we dressed 8.