Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

21 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Just because it was worthy of a 15 yard penalty doesn't mean it is suspension worthy. Guys head but other guys after the whistle a ton. I have never seen someone suspended from it and I would not expect Robertson to be suspended either. 

Not like.that they don't..not sure what u were watching...

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That was pretty exceptional.  I've been playing, coaching and watching football for 30 years and I've never seen anything like that, and on a quarterback.  I've seen guys go nose to nose all the time and bump facemasks.  That was a full on headbutt and totally disconnected from any actual game play.  Closest thing I can remember is when Burfict took a shot at Antonio Brown but that was still during play.

I'm not surprised Dickenson didn't see it.  Happened so late probably looking down at a play chart or something.

I've played at that level...and.coach up NCAA recruits...and that's just a gutless intentional act...just shameless and fact his HC didn't pull him off field .. especially with the game circumstances and what he just screwed up is even more pathetic

That's evenore pathetic than pathetic Marino's act...as at least he did his cheapshot within the whistle...while play was going 

And Dicklesson for sure saw it..as a penalty ended up being called...and due to game circumstances he would.def look at challenging that...but he saw what happened and knew he had no.hope in helll...he's a lying sac of Rider..aka dung 

4 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

There is no precedent for this type of play getting a suspension in the CFL. This is the fact, you can argue that you think it should get a suspension but if the league decides to suspend him I would be shocked if it was appealed if stood up. 

Then qbs. will have to have their head on a swivel if that's the case....including the riders......and there better be some ramifications from that cowardly bullshit

Edited by Stickem

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I doubt it.  They are trained from the top not to react after the whistle.

There are guys banned from league.  League won't register contract.  Marino, Nate Holley.  There's no maximum.

They sure did when Harris got punched 

11 hours ago, DTonOB said:

On the No Yards decline, the decision was to take the ball at the 25 and no point or give the point and take it at the 40. 15 yards difference.

And 15 yards isn’t worth a point. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Then qbs. will have to have their head on a swivel if that's the case....including the riders

Hey i am not saying it was a smart play by any means and not even a football play. If a player wants to take a 15 yard penalty against the Riders Qb and do that go for it. I just don't think it is suspension worthy. 

1 minute ago, stevethe3rd said:

Hey i am not saying it was a smart play by any means and not even a football play. If a player wants to take a 15 yard penalty against the Riders Qb and do that go for it. I just don't think it is suspension worthy. 

I guess it will take a lot of concussed players out of the game.....yeah that works....great for the league,,,,

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not like.that they don't..not sure what u were watching...

I've played at that level...and.coach up NCAA recruits...and that's just a gutless intentional act...just shameless and fact his HC didn't pull him off field .. especially with the game circumstances and what he just screwed up is even more pathetic

That's evenore pathetic than pathetic Marino's act...as at least he did his cheapshot within the whistle...while play was going 

And Dicklesson for sure saw it..as a penalty ended up being called...and due to game circumstances he would.def look at challenging that...but he saw what happened and knew he had no.hope in helll...he's a lying sac of Rider..aka dung 

Guys do that a lot after a play. Get in a guys face and hit helmet to helmet/head butt a guy. I bet if the league suspended Robertson the PA could come up with several examples this year where a player did something similar and didn't result in a fine. 

The few differences between this play is that it was one a QB, and two the QB took a dive to make the contact worse then it was. 

9 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

There is no precedent for this type of play getting a suspension in the CFL. This is the fact, you can argue that you think it should get a suspension but if the league decides to suspend him I would be shocked if it was appealed if stood up. 

Tf you say? No precedent for a player being suspended for spearing a qb late after the play? We have tons of precedent for that lmao. 
Show me the precedent for a suspended player having his suspension thrown out on appeal. Doesn’t happen. 

Just now, Stickem said:

I guess it will take a lot of concussed players out of the game.....yeah that works....great for the league,,,,

The amount to head to head contact that happens in the game, that barely registered. I bet you there was hundreds of helmet to helmet hits in that game that were more forceful then that. Like everytime a dline and oline crash into each other. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Tf you say? No precedent for a player being suspended for spearing a qb late after the play? We have tons of precedent for that lmao. 
Show me the precedent for a suspended player having his suspension thrown out on appeal. Doesn’t happen. 

that wasn't a spear. 

1 minute ago, stevethe3rd said:

The amount to head to head contact that happens in the game, that barely registered. I bet you there was hundreds of helmet to helmet hits in that game that were more forceful then that. Like everytime a dline and oline crash into each other. 

Except it wasn’t a case of players crashing into each other. 
It was a headbutt way after the play was over. Your comparison isn’t accurate. 

4 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Guys do that a lot after a play. Get in a guys face and hit helmet to helmet/head butt a guy. I bet if the league suspended Robertson the PA could come up with several examples this year where a player did something similar and didn't result in a fine. 

The few differences between this play is that it was one a QB, and two the QB took a dive to make the contact worse then it was. 

Bump helmets, go nose to nose yeah.  Not full on head butt someone.  There's no precedent for this so nothing to really go off of.  Even the Marino stuff was during play.  If you're using that as a precedent it wouldn't play out well for Robertson.

If precedent is set that you can head butt not only the qb but any player and not only not get thrown out which happened but wont get suspended then get ready for a few more dirt bags in the league following suit and when the CFL tries to suspend them claiming they are being made an example of. Minimum should be a 1 game suspension and an apology from the league for having such shitty officials, there's your precedent 

35 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

that wasn't a spear. 

judge-judy-moron.gif

Years ago, the CFL changed the rules about where and how you can hit a QB during the play. This was done to protect the QBs who are vital to the success of this league. If the league gives this Rider player a lousy slap on the wrist for assaulting Collaros with clear intent to injure, after the play was over, the league is telling players and fans that it's open season on QBs in the CFL, and that is absolutely disgusting!

48 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Should have been a rough play 25 yard disqualification call...the yards in that instance are pointless...but the erection should have happened like when a player gets nailed for spearing during a play and gets tossed...and 25 yards...and those are generally during the play for most part...this happened several seconds after whistle and.was a dead ball foul..like several layers worth of ejection circumstances...

48 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Not a full blown bring your head back and legit head but to hurt...like C'mon...give your head a shake dude 

47 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And what team in right mind would stand behind and support that appeal??? And what PA would approve/support it as well??

47 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

that wasn't a spear. 

Yeah..was worse as it was totally intentional and...and this is a big and...after the whistle for no reason whatsoever...wasn't engaged with anyone...or in any conflict..just walked up on him and butted him

46 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Except it wasn’t a case of players crashing into each other. 
It was a headbutt way after the play was over. Your comparison isn’t accurate. 

His comparison is a laughable joke 

30 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Wade Miller was hot last night and seeked out the press.  O'Shea called out league too.  Unprecedented for this regime.  They literally never complain publicly.

That's when u know it was flagrant bullcrap

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Go.back.tomwhat works...take.the deep shots when there because they focused on the run and intermediate game...we will be fine...always are when we revert back to it...so no need to.deviate

Same with ST's...trash this new scheme..and go back to what worked when we were one of leagues beat cover units...

I am baffled by this new scheme. (Earlier  in the season, I heard O’Shea mention it.) in all seriousness, can anyone explain it for me? Is it something different to accommodate the new punter and his kicking repertoire? I see a lot of returners make extra yards along the side lines.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That was pretty exceptional.  I've been playing, coaching and watching football for 30 years and I've never seen anything like that, and on a quarterback.  I've seen guys go nose to nose all the time and bump facemasks.  That was a full on headbutt and totally disconnected from any actual game play.  Closest thing I can remember is when Burfict took a shot at Antonio Brown but that was still during play.

I'm not surprised Dickenson didn't see it.  Happened so late probably looking down at a play chart or something.

There is no way in Hell that Dickinson and his coaches did not see that headbutt. That fits in with a the way Dickinson has ignored all the crap that has been going on with the Riders and their on-field performances since he got there. If he acknowledged it, he would have to actually do something about it, and he does not have the gonads to do it.

4 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I am baffled by this new scheme. (Earlier  in the season, I heard O’Shea mention it.) in all seriousness, can anyone explain it for me? Is it something different to accommodate the new punter and his kicking repertoire? I see a lot of returners make extra yards along the side lines.

Might be to accommodate some loss of speed too.  But they could get another LB/DB type on for Jackson or at least a faster edge body type.  BOLO isn't on punt team anymore.  We dress 7 OL so that takes a guy out of special teams duty.

To me looks like contain guy last night, Parker, is setting up way too far inside.  Now not tracking ball well?  Or by design?  Can't know that.  Always teach contain guy to keep ball on inside shoulder but they were for sure not doing that on kick side for punts last night.

Sask ran almost exclusively field returns on kickoffs in 2nd half last night which really challenges wide contain and speed of cover team to adjust.  They basically trap the wide contain man and cut up that vertical gap sort of like a stretch run play on offense.  But any guy between there can't bust through and make the play if they get there quickly.

1 hour ago, stevethe3rd said:

Name some examples where a player walks up to another player and gives him a full on head butt after the play. You're full of **** or a troll, perhaps both.

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

Should have been a rough play 25 yard disqualification call...the yards in that instance are pointless...but the erection should have happened like when a player gets nailed for spearing during a play and gets tossed...and 25 yards...and those are generally during the play for most part...this happened several seconds after whistle and.was a dead ball foul..like several layers worth of ejection circumstances...

Not a full blown bring your head back and legit head but to hurt...like C'mon...give your head a shake dude 

And what team in right mind would stand behind and support that appeal??? And what PA would approve/support it as well??

Yeah..was worse as it was totally intentional and...and this is a big and...after the whistle for no reason whatsoever...wasn't engaged with anyone...or in any conflict..just walked up on him and butted him

His comparison is a laughable joke 

That's when u know it was flagrant bullcrap

It’s good to see people get excited about football 😜

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Name some examples where a player walks up to another player and gives him a full on head butt after the play. You're full of **** or a troll, perhaps both.

See Judge Judy comment …

Closest I can think of offhand is actually Andrew Harris giving Simoni Lawrence a little tap to the grill in the 2019 GC (I have it set to play at 0:49 right before the headbutt):

This is nothing compared to what happened to ZC. Nowhere near as violent, and it's not like Simoni didn't see it coming and maybe even expect it. ZC was just standing there, defenseless and at ease.

A few things:

we played bad

riders came out angry (overly so) and aggressive

our cover teams need lots of work

#1 QB needs to make more that 4 completions in a half. Went for too many deep strikes and did not manage the ball. Tired out the defence

No need to panic - but a few changes to our roster may be useful

lots of faith in the team and staff - but expectations are high this year

Next week hope the bombers show up for the whole game