Bombers @ Stamps : Week of Aug 18 Thread

Noeller

36 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd go Parker for Mcrae...DL for Jackson....and we good

we likely waste that spot all yr long and not use a nationalized american to further help us cause Osh is what he is..A stubborn I dont know what to call him

I agree......Osh is one stubborn son-of-a-'mule'......wanted to say something else but I'd have to run like hell if he ever caught up with me.....I can't figure out his reasoning....BUT he's the coach

21 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I’m not sure why we need 2 FBs TBH

especially a wasted DA on one of them...when we have a dline rotation with 4 quality guys...2 slugs....against a team with 2 legit RB's who can run u ragged

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I was saying it in jest...  I've only seen him block and the only positive I've heard was that he was a Navy Seal.   I don't understand why he's in.     

cause that stuff gives Osh a raging Boner...the seal...back story...he's gritty.....so he's in...If we had larger roster limits...for sure...and work him in on defence too, to see if that grit translates there, as thats where he been his whole football life...albeit it a short life, tho thats what he was brought in here for...defence...but with why 2 full backs when we have 2 extra oline guys, have used a oline guy in the fullback spot, as well as have receivers who block their ass off inside the box,...it's pointless...overkill, and a waste of assets on limited rosters in the CFL....Hopefully Miller is back sooner than later so this lunacy can be shelved for a dlineman

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I agree......Osh is one stubborn son-of-a-'mule'......wanted to say something else but I'd have to run like hell if he ever caught up with me.....I can't figure out his reasoning....BUT he's the coach

*****??? hahaha....but I know what u mean...I will say it as I am bigger than him....and still an ornery prick hahahaha

But yes he is the coach, and he makes the decisionsbut all coaches make dumb ones, and he's not excluded

1 minute ago, Booch said:

especially a wasted DA on one of them...when we have a dline rotation with 4 quality guys...2 slugs....against a team with 2 legit RB's who can run u ragged

cause that stuff gives Osh a raging Boner...the seal...back story...he's gritty.....so he's in...If we had larger roster limits...for sure...and work him in on defence too, to see if that grit translates there, as thats where he been his whole football life...albeit it a short life, tho thats what he was brought in here for...defence...but with why 2 full backs when we have 2 extra oline guys, have used a oline guy in the fullback spot, as well as have receivers who block their ass off inside the box,...it's pointless...overkill, and a waste of assets on limited rosters in the CFL....Hopefully Miller is back sooner than later so this lunacy can be shelved for a dlineman

Thanks for the visual. Appreciate it. 

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Can we not play Parker at SAM? That is a weak spot on D right now I'd say. We start more than the minimum required Canadians I believe so what's the issue there. Darby hasn't been great, kramdi gets picked on. 

He played there last yr and was fine...and I know u all love Holm...and he has been good...but Parker is better all around, and was the projected starter before he got hurt....even a rotation of him and Holm would be beneficial is certain sets

McCrae really is a nice luxury, but we don't use him enough on offence to make it worth the while for sub par returning, and losing the field position battle on returns, plus Parker could offer way more benefits on kick coverage, as well as defensive depth and rotation,,,, Parker for Mcrae...Fox for Jackson would make us so much better

No reason why they couldn't drop to 3 DL and play 7 DB's too, rush backers, rush DB's.  Have a bit more speed out there.  Play a 3-2-7.  Bring Alexander down, play 2 high safeties and just sit on top of everything.  Calgary mostly after YAC, don't go vertical much.

On the returner front...would be nice if they brought a guy or two in for a PR look.  Grant should be back but do you want to line up in November with McCrae or Parker on punts?  Not me.  Good time to trial some guys with Grant out long-term just in case you don't have him when the games REALLY matter.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Can we not play Parker at SAM? That is a weak spot on D right now I'd say. We start more than the minimum required Canadians I believe so what's the issue there. Darby hasn't been great, kramdi gets picked on. 

Yeah I'm curious if Darby is even getting reps at this point. Are we bringing him in on second and long? Is he playing specials? I'd much rather have Parker in his place

Also bemused / confused that they keep listing Parker on the injury report when it's "Not Injury Related"

Edited by True Dru

14 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Yeah I'm curious if Darby is even getting reps at this point. Are we bringing him in on second and long? Is he playing specials? I'd much rather have Parker in his place

Darby plays teams, and have seen reps s well....he is valuable tho cause he is excellent at safety, obviously can play SAM and also HB....If anything thats a smart roster decision having him as a DA....Kudos on that one....boooo on a couple others tho

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I was half joking when I posted last night about no changes. Frustrating. Parker needs to go in and they need another DL. Why does this staff use Jackson? No tackles on ST or D and he barely plays outside of teams?

It may because he can play several different positions. And he made a great block on one running play after lining up on the right side and pulling to the left. I know we could use an extra dlineman, but we're not the coaches. Quite likely should we be going up against Toronto or BC we may see a different group.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Isn't Parker out with something non injury related?? Family issues perhaps??

6 minutes ago, ddanger said:

It may because he can play several different positions. And he made a great block on one running play after lining up on the right side and pulling to the left. I know we could use an extra dlineman, but we're not the coaches. Quite likely should we be going up against Toronto or BC we may see a different group.

He can play several roles on paper but he doesn't. He's not taking reps as a DE. He isn't being used on the majority of offensive plays. He plays teams and honestly how great is he at that? No ST tackles and no significant ST plays.

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Isn't Parker out with something non injury related?? Family issues perhaps??

I was at practice last week before the Elks game and he was practicing full bore...and alternating with first team guys....same with this week....so not sure why they using that denomination on the injury report...he's just fine

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

He can play several roles on paper but he doesn't. He's not taking reps as a DE. He isn't being used on the majority of offensive plays. He plays teams and honestly how great is he at that? No ST tackles and no significant ST plays.

like I say...utter waste.....it's just the rager I mentioned earlier....that or Osh is scared he gonna go all Seal on him and take him out hahaha

Just now, Geebrr said:

Darby’s salary is guaranteed now - right? Isn’t it after game 9 or so? 

Otherwise I could see us releasing him 

Why? He’s a Swiss Army knife that could play 3 positions. In a perfect scenario hes your first guy subbing in at one of those positions and if there’s any injury I’m sure he’ll be back into the lineup, plus he’s always been a good ST player. We don’t just release guys because we’re relatively healthy right now, it’s a luxury to have a guy like Darby being able to be plugged in at any hole we need back there.