Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Ace in the hole....we have Wilson this game....Prob one of the best LB's for tracking down open field runners and using pursuit angles almost flawlessly....I'm not too concerned....if he was in his usual spot in Ottawa game, and we weren't rotating Briggs and Mauro...with especially heavy use of Briggs in last part of fourth....we would be sitting at 7-1....Also his smarts and experience are key...same can be said with Rose...he as well may have recognized that he could break off coverage and knife into the fracass...he is a very underrated open field tackler in cuttings guys down...tho I see it

Yea for sure. Wilson is almost as fast as Ford is and is waaaaay faster than Maruo or Briggs. He will help in that regard big time. Even Clements if he were healthy would have been huge against Ottawa. 

Maintain contain, maintain contain, maintain contain. That's the defensive line game plan required against a mobile quarterback with minimal game footage. Force him to rely on his throwing ability, and ensure you don't let him escape the pocket. It sounds simple, but it becomes challenging when you're tired. We'll rely on our offense to keep themselves on the field and give the defensive players a break, especially since our defensive line rotation isn't ideal at the moment, to put out lightly.

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea for sure. Wilson is almost as fast as Ford is and is waaaaay faster than Maruo or Briggs. He will help in that regard big time. Even Clements if he were healthy would have been huge against Ottawa. 

he also just reacts now as well.....not have to think/process things...that split second of delay can be life or death

51 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I'm a big fan of Brian Cole. I'd wager he's the quickest person on the team. A true athlete in every sense. He's the one I'd choose to spy Ford throughout the entire game. He deserves a bigger role

We don’t really know what to expect from the Ford-era Elks, but the RPO stuff eats up the spy.  Would rather the LBs be active in rushing or coverage personally.  If everyone plays disciplined that’s better than a spy.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cole made a few noticable plays last week...for the life of me I can't remember what they were lol....but I remember saying his name a few times.

He executed a beautiful blitz from the second level, charging towards the Lions' quarterback. He didn't secure a sack, but his intense pressure affected the throw significantly. He surged forward with remarkable speed, like a laser beam.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

...SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton..... SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton at Commonwealth since 2019........... and I just pray it's not us. Want desperately for it to be Sask, but as long as it's not us, I'm good. 

Noeller, we could win this game with ZC sitting..so relax....

I'll say this... I'm in the pre game tailgate area (honestly just sad compared to Wade's version) and there is ZERO faith among the locals. Even the band on stage making jokes about Edmonton having no chance... I almost feel bad for them. It's gotta be tough. Even at our worst, we weren't THIS bad (10 losses to start 98 but never shut out, let alone twice...)

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

For the stats gurus. When is the last time a team put up back to back 50 Burgers and/or has it ever happened before?

Ironically because we play them today is my guess without checking the googles would be the double E back when they were dominant.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'll say this... I'm in the pre game tailgate area (honestly just sad compared to Wade's version) and there is ZERO faith among the locals. Even the band on stage making jokes about Edmonton having no chance... I almost feel bad for them. It's gotta be tough. Even at our worst, we weren't THIS bad (10 losses to start 98 but never shut out, let alone twice...)

I feel bad for the league but not for the Eskimos if that makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

wow who is this new, compassionate, cares about other teams in the CFL Noeller?