Kitty Kats versus the 4 Stripes

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Khari would be a good fit for their current QB situation.

That situ may change tho...Fine took a serious beating...never seen a QB take that much abuse in a long time...he not gonna last ..and I can see him start to make error after error a lot as that's gonna be in his head

Factor in that and their HC and OC both just look to be clueless on the sidelne and that tells me he's in this alone to flail away

This game also just confirms in my opinion Morrow isn't a true legit every down back..he's a change of pace and rotational one at best..considering he has iffy hands at best

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Why? They are going to eat our lunch.

We have ZERO push in the middle with our d- which gets us eviscerated on passes and runs... 

Our oline... everytine we come against a physical front... they become ******* matadors. OLE!

Unless we fix those issues, the problems will rear their ugly heads everytime, against a good team.

They aren’t physical - they are more fast. 

Their OL was absolute dog **** yesterday 

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If we play our usual game and style...they won't be able to hang with us...and in all honesty even though it was sketchy with them having the VAJ...if they have to go extended time with Evans...they are hooped ..they also been relatively healthy too but are starting to.get banged up now and already have had a bye...where we weren't totally healthy and are getting pieces back...and on a timely bye now...we sort out a few of our issues...not even all of the 100% and first is ours....again

6 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Why? They are going to eat our lunch.

We have ZERO push in the middle with our d- which gets us eviscerated on passes and runs... 

Our oline... everytine we come against a physical front... they become ******* matadors. OLE!

Unless we fix those issues, the problems will rear their ugly heads everytime, against a good team.

I’m not worried about their O vs our D.

We do need to figure out how to sustain some offence against the consistent pressure we’re going to face. Don’t want Zach to keep taking beatings. Hopefully Lawler helps out with that.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I’m not worried about their O vs our D.

We do need to figure out how to sustain some offence against the consistent pressure we’re going to face. Don’t want Zach to keep taking beatings. Hopefully Lawler helps out with that.

Scheme to alleviate pressure like that is the simplest answer...and is easy to.do...now are we gonna keep trying to.pound a square peg in a round hole..that's the question...basically in our losses...our coaching killed us

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Scheme to alleviate pressure like that is the simplest answer...and is easy to.do...now are we gonna keep trying to.pound a square peg in a round hole..that's the question...basically in our losses...our coaching killed us

They have only given up 5 tds all year...so that is a ton of coaches that don't know how to scheme?

Well.other than our dud...which won't happen again they hardly have had a tough sched..with a bye unused...barely eeking out a win over cgy...handled by t.o...then wins against the powerhouse Elks..Sask...and MTL offences hardly makes me.feel.that isn't more a result of sched and opponent...so we will see how many TDs they don't give up after the bye

10 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Khari would be a good fit for their current QB situation.

their D is good, why not shivers?

3 hours ago, Booch said:

that's gonna be in his head

that was happening during the game, cant blame him at all he was getting drew willie type beating.

**** oline I guess,  but

refs were completely awol .

The result of not cleaning house at the end of a losing season are starting to show in riderville....The head coach is inept and it looks like a few other assistant coaches are of the same ilk .....Fine ain;t good and the olne is atrocius ...Leos on the other hand have been better in a lot of departments and showed they can compete.....that's about it....We should take care of them after the bye 

6 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The Lions are built to win the Western final INDOORS. A fast track with weather not the issue. We're built to grind it out on the ground with Oliveira when it's minus 15 on a frozen field & to wear down other teams with our physicality as well. We need to win the West & have the WF at home to go to the Grey Cup.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

The result of not cleaning house at the end of a losing season are starting to show in riderville....The head coach is inept and it looks like a few other assistant coaches are of the same ilk .....Fine ain;t good and the olne is atrocius ...Leos on the other hand have been better in a lot of departments and showed they can compete.....that's about it....We should take care of them after the bye 

Not to stick up for Dickenson, but how well would O'Shea coach if we lost Collaros for the year with a broken leg? If we lost 4 out of our starting 5 OL? Had a new set of receivers save for one. Let's say, Rasheed Bailey as the other starting receivers were out with injuries? What if all we had was Dru Brown to lead the way? How good would Osh be as a coach? Like the 5-13 HC in 2014 or the 15-3 HC last season? The IQ of a HC rises & falls with the level of talent he has on the team around him. The injury bug has decimated the Riders. I have no sympathy for the Riders but still, that has had a huge effect on that team.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not to stick up for Dickenson, but how well would O'Shea coach if we lost Collaros for the year with a broken leg? If we lost 4 out of our 5 OL? Have a new set of receivers save for one, let's say, Rasheed Bailey as the starters ware out with injuries? What if all we had was Dru Brown to lead the way? How good would Osh be as a coach? Like the 5-13 HC in 2014 or the 15-3 HC last season? The IQ of a HC rises & falls with the level of talent he has on the team around him.

Dickenson has coached with no idea...clue ..plan and control over the team for yrs...wouldn't matter who was his QB...he's putrid at the job 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dickenson has coached with no idea...clue ..plan and control over the team for yrs...wouldn't matter who was his QB...he's putrid at the job 

I agree last year was the time to get rid of him but the coaches cap... which has hindered teams from making needed changes. Hopefully, this off season that is done away with. However, with our league leadership in place, I won't hold my breath.

However, no one can deny that injuries have been a huge blow to the Riders & is playing a part in the way they're playing.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Lions are built to win the Western final INDOORS. A fast track with weather not the issue. We're built to grind it out on the ground with Oliveira when it's minus 15 on a frozen field & to wear down other teams with our physicality as well. We need to win the West & have the WF at home to go to the Grey Cup.

I disagree with this. Collaros has so far shown he is at his best in good weather. I would take BC in a domestic any day.

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers aren't built to run the ball (or stop the run) more than anyone else in this league.  If anything multiple teams, including BC with Adams, are built completely around RPO stuff that the Bombers only run in a cursory manner to move the pocket here and there.

Nobody gives a **** about running the ball in cold anymore.  If anything it favours the quick passing game and screens when D have bad footing.

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree last year was the time to get rid of him but the coaches cap... which has hindered teams from making needed changes. Hopefully, this off season that is done away with. However, with our league leadership in place, I won't hold my breath.

However, no one can deny that injuries have been a huge blow to the Riders & is playing a part in the way they're playing.

It also a indicator that the coach and gm failed to build depth and evaluate talent...other teams have had significant injuries..heck I'd say we had even more crucial ones last few yrs...we didn't look like a burning sac of crap

On 2023-07-23 at 7:01 AM, Booch said:

That situ may change tho...Fine took a serious beating...never seen a QB take that much abuse in a long time...he not gonna last ..and I can see him start to make error after error a lot as that's gonna be in his head

Factor in that and their HC and OC both just look to be clueless on the sidelne and that tells me he's in this alone to flail away

This game also just confirms in my opinion Morrow isn't a true legit every down back..he's a change of pace and rotational one at best..considering he has iffy hands at best

What he does when adversity hits will tell the tale on him. Expectations are low for him right now but they won`t remain low and DCs are piling up the tape on him as we speak. Things are going to get tougher for him, and Crum too.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

What he does when adversity hits will tell the tale on him. Expectations are low for him right now but they won`t remain low and DCs are piling up the tape on him as we speak. Things are going to get tougher for him, and Crum too.

Judge spying Crum seemed to keep him contained in the second half, that's a good start.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Judge spying Crum seemed to keep him contained in the second half, that's a good start.

the interesting thing was that Judge erased Crum from the run game from the second quarter on.  But then the redblacks adjusted and Crum started delivering passes from the pocket...

I don't know if the guy is going to have a long CFL career or if he'll be solved at some point like so many other promising CFL qbs have been ... but the bottom line yesterday was that the Stamps schemed very well to take away his best weapon, his legs ... so he beat them with his arm, and he made some real nice precise throws into traffic too.  Seems like a pretty promising sign.

(note: I know nothing about coaching football or QBs)

edit: another promising sign: Crum beat Maier by playing clean.  Unlike Maier, he had no picks and no fumbles.  Rookie run-first qbs forced to operate from the pocket tend to be turnover machines, but Crum has been pretty clean so far, tossing just one pick in his very first game against us.

Edited by johnzo