Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

2 hours ago, The Zipp said:
From Derek Taylor:

Day 1 of Bombers practice. Jackson Jeffcoat is in uniform. And Demerio Houston returns after time away for non-injury reasons.

Desmond Lawrence not dressed for practice. Abu Daramy-Swaray moves over to that side to play corner.

If Lawrence is inured that would explain the signing of DB Tyrique McGhee (wearing #38 at practice today)

No Adam Bighill today. Shayne Gauthier seeing a lot of reps. #Bombers

And Redha Kramdi taking reps ahead of Alden Darby at Dime. Darby is in pads and here at practice.

WR Carlton Agudosi has not been working with the 1s today. He’s with the second team.

“Injured”.

Jeffcoat I dont think was a serious injury, but more proceed with caution and not let it become a yr long issue...like he has had last few yrs with lingering issues having him in and out of lineup

Him ...Lawson and Eli back full would be a big boost...especially if all are inserted into lineup....If Eli is ready I guess we may do the 7th O-lineman thing again with him as opposed to Szott ....and we know he would actually be used...so it makes sense as we basically have no other Canadian lingering on the PR worth putting in anyway

Lawson immediately upgrades the National DT spot, as he is the best one on the roster and really is a force in the middle, and we all know what Jeffcoat brings when healthy...so some interior collapsing on the Oline will really free up our 3 ends

I think tho with the DB's we gonna see a revolving and evolving group until we are able to figure out the pieces when all healthy...If I was a betting man come mid season we are gonna see if all are healthy a game day combo of Rose/Nichols/Mouhamed/BA as solid for sures and a battle between Lawrence, Parker, Holm and Houston for that other corner spot, and extra DB if we actually DI one...Swarmay will be developed as he has upside in my opinion.

Do we flip a guy for a trade?.....possibly as when/if all are healthy...thats quite the log jam and just no room for them all....Have to factor in as well Ford possibly coming back sooner than later, as I doubt he sticks down there as there are tons of guys with his skill set...with American football experience who would take less time to develop and offer you more on the PR...So could see us effectively changing the ratio on defence and starting him on the corner....allowing us to go either 2 import DT's or start 8 canadians and allow us to swap out imports at that spot on the line freely.....and would be even better if Osh would stuff his Canadian pride away or whatever it is from preventing him from using one of many imports on defence as the Nationalized Canadian and really being able to load up some defensive sets

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Now if Jeffcoat comes back and then gets reinjured in the 2nd quarter... do we officially give up on him at that point?  

Not likely. If he’s healthy for the last chunk of the regular season and is in shape and ready for the play offs they’ll keep him. Guy like that has tons of leash. 
 I think short of a season ending injury or trade the earliest we split ways is the off season. Iirc jeffcoat is on a 1 year deal. 

44 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Fzp5ArAXwAI7M2-?format=jpg&name=medium

Man that’s a lot of good news. I’m sure Brady and schoen will be good to go as well. If we get Houston Eli and Lawson back that’s huuuuge. 

worried that abu is still with the first team. Really don’t want to see him start again this week. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Jeffcoat I dont think was a serious injury, but more proceed with caution and not let it become a yr long issue...like he has had last few yrs with lingering issues having him in and out of lineup

Him ...Lawson and Eli back full would be a big boost...especially if all are inserted into lineup....If Eli is ready I guess we may do the 7th O-lineman thing again with him as opposed to Szott ....and we know he would actually be used...so it makes sense as we basically have no other Canadian lingering on the PR worth putting in anyway

Lawson immediately upgrades the National DT spot, as he is the best one on the roster and really is a force in the middle, and we all know what Jeffcoat brings when healthy...so some interior collapsing on the Oline will really free up our 3 ends

I think tho with the DB's we gonna see a revolving and evolving group until we are able to figure out the pieces when all healthy...If I was a betting man come mid season we are gonna see if all are healthy a game day combo of Rose/Nichols/Mouhamed/BA as solid for sures and a battle between Lawrence, Parker, Holm and Houston for that other corner spot, and extra DB if we actually DI one...Swarmay will be developed as he has upside in my opinion.

Do we flip a guy for a trade?.....possibly as when/if all are healthy...thats quite the log jam and just no room for them all....Have to factor in as well Ford possibly coming back sooner than later, as I doubt he sticks down there as there are tons of guys with his skill set...with American football experience who would take less time to develop and offer you more on the PR...So could see us effectively changing the ratio on defence and starting him on the corner....allowing us to go either 2 import DT's or start 8 canadians and allow us to swap out imports at that spot on the line freely.....and would be even better if Osh would stuff his Canadian pride away or whatever it is from preventing him from using one of many imports on defence as the Nationalized Canadian and really being able to load up some defensive sets

Having Eli and Dobson as the subs to come in for short yardage is an insane amount of beef. If Jackson is still dressed that’s just over powered. Short yardage crew should be automatic for 2 or 3 yards at that point. though hopefully that extra beef means we won’t carry Jackson. 

I Really want to see Lawson and fox side by side. Good luck dealing with Willy and Habba off the edges when those two collapse the pocket and eat 3 o linemen’s lunch. 

if our defence could just get healthy.  Hansen Habba jeffcoat Willy Lawson Thomas fox with kyrie biggie the Canadians and clements at lber. Then 7 deep at the 5 cover spots with the possibility of ford coming back. Man that’s a really good roster. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

worried that abu is still with the first team. Really don’t want to see him start again this week. 

yeah....I wasn't overly impressed with the guy in the leo beat down....He was playing the receiver way too soft....one of the reasons Vaj was having himself a day....Of course our other db's were not up to snuff in that as well....I hope we don't allow the pitch and catch routine with Faj....I would hate to see this guy have any success against us.....he might think he's Cup material

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Having Eli and Dobson as the subs to come in for short yardage is an insane amount of beef. If Jackson is still dressed that’s just over powered. Short yardage crew should be automatic for 2 or 3 yards at that point. though hopefully that extra beef means we won’t carry Jackson. 

I Really want to see Lawson and fox side by side. Good luck dealing with Willy and Habba off the edges when those two collapse the pocket and eat 3 o linemen’s lunch. 

if our defence could just get healthy.  Hansen Habba jeffcoat Willy Lawson Thomas fox with kyrie biggie the Canadians and clements at lber. Then 7 deep at the 5 cover spots with the possibility of ford coming back. Man that’s a really good roster. 

yeah...looks like with who we been missing maybe we were just trying to weather the storm?...possible....and agree...Fox looks pretty powerful in the limited use we have seen, and I bet a combo of him and Lawson would make a lot of trouble for teams....

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

There are a LOT of people who will disagree with your take that the Bombers were "close". It was obvious from the kickoff that the Blue were not at their best and deteriorated over the rest of the game.

Close to get pressure or sacking qb I meant.  Game wasn't I agree.

Sad to see Pigrome go but I feel like the coaches has a little confidence on him to be the SY guy after that miss on the goal line.
And we know Prukop is pretty automatic in SY. 

Good to see Jeffcoat, Lawson, Eli and Houston back practicing.

Szott and Schmekel were moved to PR per CFL transactions page so I assume that at least Eli and Lawson will draw in.
Houston will probably replace Lawrence on that corner. In my mind, Darami-Swaray earned another game on the spot. 
As for Jeffcoat, it make sense for him to backup Haba at this point.
And here's hoping we take out Damian Jackson instead of Walker / Fox. 

Any news on Lawler ? 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

8 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Sad to see Pigrome go but I feel like the coaches has a little confidence on him to be the SY guy after that miss on the goal line.

Good to see Jeffcoat, Lawson, Eli and Houston back practicing.

Szott and Schmekel were moved to PR per CFL transactions page so I assume that at least Eli and Lawson will draw in.
Houston will probably replace Lawrence on that corner. In my mind, Darami-Swaray earned another game on the spot. 
As for Jeffcoat, it make sense for him to backup Haba at this point.
And here's hoping we take out Damian Jackson instead of Walker / Fox. 

Any news on Lawler ? 

I wish they'd update the roster at the same time as they move players to the PR. The flip side is that they didn't add in the returning players to the AR. Jeffcoat was on the 6 game IR so he has to be moved to the AR or onto the 1 game IR as an interim decision. We're assuming he'll play this week but neither the roster or transactions show that at the moment. Same thing for Houston.

If Lawrence can't play he probably moves to 1 game IR but that may still be a wait and see situation.

It's possible we might need to release someone from the PR in order to balance any additional moves.

9 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

MOS said in his media availability something along the lines of Prukop accepting new role, making it his whole job, preparing for it, etc, etc.

I wonder if the flip side of that comment is that Pigrome wasn't making the role his job in that same way.

Hard to make a judgement on a player because of one failed play....Pigrome did have a couple of cracks at it however and came up empty ....The look on his face when he returned to the bench was very telling.....like it was tantamount to ....'I think I blew it'

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hard to make a judgement on a player because of one failed play....Pigrome did have a couple of cracks at it however and came up empty ....The look on his face when he returned to the bench was very telling.....like it was tantamount to ....'I think I blew it'

Pro sports can be very cruel. Little room for error depending on who you are. 

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Just like Thomas didn't make the team for making one sack, Pigrome didn't lose his spot because of one failed sneak. 

Definitely more to it.

Edited by Jesse

3 hours ago, Blue In Vancouver said:

I wish they'd update the roster at the same time as they move players to the PR. The flip side is that they didn't add in the returning players to the AR. Jeffcoat was on the 6 game IR so he has to be moved to the AR or onto the 1 game IR as an interim decision. We're assuming he'll play this week but neither the roster or transactions show that at the moment. Same thing for Houston.

If Lawrence can't play he probably moves to 1 game IR but that may still be a wait and see situation.

It's possible we might need to release someone from the PR in order to balance any additional moves.

Schmekel and Szott should also be listed on the PR, bringing the current total up to 13.  No idea what that number should be anymore.

13 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Schmekel and Szott should also be listed on the PR, bringing the current total up to 13.  No idea what that number should be anymore.

True but at least it shows they were released and in theory moved to the PR on the transaction report.

IIRC the PR maximum was increased from 12 to 13.  That should account for Lawson and Eli returning to the AR. Houston will be added to the AR while Lawrence goes to 1 game IR. Or Daramy-Swaray gets bumped to PR.  Jeffcoat probably bumps Jackson to PR.

Ultimately there will be some further changes as the week progresses.