Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Just now, 17to85 said:

And also probably because the rookie has developed well too. Lots of bodies around when everyone is healthy.

yes...that too..ADS plays the same style...and is younger...and likely cheaper

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Bombers release WR Jones and DB Muhammad

And machino some how out lasts another proven cfl vet. Not to mention ivy Schmekel and schmitz. 

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And also probably because the rookie has developed well too. Lots of bodies around when everyone is healthy.

The real question is why weren’t more guys cut from the pr lol. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And machino some how out lasts another proven cfl vet. Not to mention ivy Schmekel and schmitz. 

Machino fills two roles. Global if something happens to our active ones and Tackle. I'm never against quality Oline on the PR.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe those active roster guys don’t want to go on the PR I’d imagine Muhammad wants to play or atleast get his chance to play anyways. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

yeah way to NOT shave off the dead useless weight eh?

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Machino fills two roles. Global if something happens to our active ones and Tackle. I'm never against quality Oline on the PR.

Hansen...Mauro...Karamoko fill that role way better, and can be rostered and actually used...Machino is behind Richmond, and most likely Ivey too...who is almost a kind of waste....and he's hardly starter quality...no need for him when we have back-ups in ELI...hmond and Ivey...none whatsoever....

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He isn’t quality and we have a waaay better tackle and a better more useful global in Karamoko. 

exactly this....and leads me to think we will continue to see utter misuse of PR and keeping players we dont need and have no adequate back-ups in area of need, and areas where injuries are more common...typical

37 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

no disrespect. But I'll side with the coaches on this one.

and thats your choice....but they are dead wrong there

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Teams can have up to 3 Globals on the practice roster. This is separate from the 10 spots for Nationals and Americans.

I have no issue with him sticking around. I'm sure he's useful as an extra body at practice. 

That being said, he'll probably be gone once Hansen is back.

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe those active roster guys don’t want to go on the PR I’d imagine Muhammad wants to play or atleast get his chance to play anyways. 

In that case we should use the pr to bring in guys that we can actually use on the roster. 

47 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Teams can have up to 3 Globals on the practice roster. This is separate from the 10 spots for Nationals and Americans.

I have no issue with him sticking around. I'm sure he's useful as an extra body at practice. 

That being said, he'll probably be gone once Hansen is back.

We have a ton of spare ol bodies and big guys. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

no disrespect. But I'll side with the coaches on this one.

I get that. For me, I have tremendous faith in our scouts, and front office to find talent. I have little in our coaching staff to put the best talent on the field. I think our front office, needs to basically give our coaching staff a historically good and deep roster to the point they can’t really mess it up, for our roaster management not to be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah way to NOT shave off the dead useless weight eh?

Hansen...Mauro...Karamoko fill that role way better, and can be rostered and actually used...Machino is behind Richmond, and most likely Ivey too...who is almost a kind of waste....and he's hardly starter quality...no need for him when we have back-ups in ELI...hmond and Ivey...none whatsoever....

exactly this....and leads me to think we will continue to see utter misuse of PR and keeping players we dont need and have no adequate back-ups in area of need, and areas where injuries are more common...typical

and thats your choice....but they are dead wrong there

I expect a guy on the ar who shouldn’t be here each year. But this year seems like we are carrying tons of bloat on the ar and pr. It’s maddening. 
We used to use the pr expansion day to trial guys for the next camp, or get started early so they could be over the sophomore slump early. Guys like Bailey come to mind. Now we seem to just shuffle through guys like taman through napkins. We hold a guy for a year, roster him for a few games at the end of a season but give him no reps. Then don’t bring him back for camp, then bring him in part way through then cut him for a rando airlift. Soo many moves like this. Guys like pigrome on our NL for a long time. Then gone for nothing.

We won gcs despite some roster management, and game plan issues. Those wins don’t give them the benefit of the doubt from me. When it comes to culture, half time adjustments, etc for sure. 

WINNIPEG, MB., July 18, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will once again wear their white jerseys for the July 20th home game against the Edmonton Elks in the annual Wear White game.

The white jerseys will be paired with the blue pants that are part of the alternate uniform. Fans are encouraged to wear white as well along with the team. White t-shirts, Starter jackets and crewneck shirts are also available for purchase through the Bomber Store.

The home uniform schedule for the remainder of the season is as follows:

August 3: Home jersey, gold pants
August 24: Home jersey, gold pants
September 9: Alternate jersey, blue pants
September 29: Orange jerseys for warmup, Indigenous logo on helmet, home jersey & gold pants for the game
October 21: Home jersey, gold pants, pink laces & tape

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Is the White out a thing we've been doing in previous years? Or are we just trying to trick the Elks into thinking this is another home game for them to lose.

I've heard we did it once before