CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

I thought Kravitz was the best GC HT I've seen, Came out. Turned it up to 11. Kicked ass. Walked off with a wave.

As for getting Green Day (having already got Carrie Underwood for Friday), this is a pretty big time lineup. Twisted Tea really upgraded this year.

Edited by bluto

I actually thought Arkells was good in 2021... despite the miming musicians... but adding the Lumineers ruined it... they thought adding a bigger name would help, but their style is just so boring for a half time show...

I legitimately don't even remember who it was last year...

Let's get Springsteen for 2025! 

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I actually thought Arkells was good in 2021... despite the miming musicians... but adding the Lumineers ruined it... they thought adding a bigger name would help, but their style is just so boring for a half time show...

I legitimately don't even remember who it was last year...

Let's get Springsteen for 2025! 

Arkells are legitimately great and put on a fantastic show. Agree the Lumineers were a bad compliment.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think the CFL is probably due for a legit hip hop half time show, and I'm thinking BC is the perfect place for that. Wouldn't surprise me to get someone like Drake for next year if they maintain a large budget.

Is the half time show more run by the league or the team? If doman is the main guy you can bet it’ll be the biggest show in a decade. 
 Agree totally that they are past due for some hip hop and while I don’t listen to drake hed be a gigantic get for the league. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Is the half time show more run by the league or the team? If doman is the main guy you can bet it’ll be the biggest show in a decade. 
 Agree totally that they are past due for some hip hop and while I don’t listen to drake hed be a gigantic get for the league. 

So it's primarily the sponsor, then it's TSN, then the host committee...... in that order. That is my general understanding of how these things work, just from being involved in concert promotion stuff the last 20+ years. When in doubt, it's the ones paying the bills that get the most say...

5 hours ago, bluto said:

I thought Kravitz was the best GC HT I've seen, Came out. Turned it up to 11. Kicked ass. Walked off with a wave.

As for getting Green Day (having already got Carrie Underwood for Friday), this is a pretty big time lineup. Twisted Tea really upgraded this year.

I was at that grey cup, as a 13 year old kid. Flew all the way to watch Dinwiddie throw an "interception" to seal the Bombers fate.

Saw him at the airport and told him he played a great game. I'll never forget those memories.

That's why I think it's important to get kids invested in the cfl... I am still a big fan to this day

51 minutes ago, CodyT said:

I was at that grey cup, as a 13 year old kid. Flew all the way to watch Dinwiddie throw an "interception" to seal the Bombers fate.

Saw him at the airport and told him he played a great game. I'll never forget those memories.

That's why I think it's important to get kids invested in the cfl... I am still a big fan to this day

So they can lie like a sociopath?

I kid I kid- it's true, It is important to get kids invested early on. I try to indoctrinate my kids most occasions I get.

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So they can lie like a sociopath?

I kid I kid- it's true, It is important to get kids invested early on. I try to indoctrinate my kids most occasions I get.

He played relatively well for his first ever start. Maybe not a "great" game ha. We had a chance to win it right till the end. 

******* Dinwiddie should have ran for the first down

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

3 interceptions and a fumble. 

Plus numerous other horrible decisions throughout the game. He was brutal. If Dinwiddie had played poorly we would have won. He just had to protect the ball and not make multiple back-breaking brutal throws/decisions. And he did.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Plus numerous other horrible decisions throughout the game. He was brutal. If Dinwiddie had played poorly we would have won. He just had to protect the ball and not make multiple back-breaking brutal throws/decisions. And he did.

Receivers bailed him out for sure. A lot of 50/50 balls and saying 50/50 is being generous. 

27 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

…and yet we criticize him now, for giving his green, backup QBs playing time in the most hostile environment ever. 

It had to have informed his decision process. Had to.

I'd bet that losing that game in 2007 in part, made Dinwiddie the man that he is.

Last Friday won't be the last game he gives to the backups this season. (Won't be doing it this Friday at home though because of the celebration)

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It was his first ever pro snaps!!! Jesus Christ... I can't even believe we're still talking about this. Kevin Eiben and Charles Roberts equally cost us the Grey Cup in 2007, full stop. End of conversation.

He has many excuses for why he cost us the game. It’s understandable why he cost us the game…

...but he cost us the game.

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

That veteran, Chad Kelly. 

Exactly. I'm sorry it's Chad Kelly the seasoned CFL veteran.

Not to mention the fact taking Dukes (QB 2) out (i.e., see ya important experience and confidence builder) where the game was still in the balance but packaging it as hey this is what we did in the pre-season, played all QB's although they didn't play all QB's in this game.

Please. You can like Dinwiddie for his playing days and not like his coaching tactics all in one btw. 

ps Argos suck.