CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

When I heard the Green Day news... I immediately thought that is a huge get for the CFL... they're not the at top of the rock charts right now... but they are still one of the biggest rock bands in the world over the last 30 years... well done CFL...

I hope we get something even close to that good for 2025... 

Steven Lee Olsen and the super dogs, come on down!

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

man, some of you are really into some angry "music"..... *RAAAAAAAAGE*.......... 

I blame reinbold and the dark ages. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Steven Lee Olsen and the super dogs, come on down!

No joke, when I’m at a game I’d much rather see some thing like the super dogs, or little kids playing. Little kids playing with and against mascots? Shut up and take my money. 
 Idk musical half time shows for me in person are meh at best. I get that you can’t have super dogs on the grey cup broadcast though. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No joke, when I’m at a game I’d much rather see some thing like the super dogs, or little kids playing. Little kids playing with and against mascots? Shut up and take my money. 
 Idk musical half time shows for me in person are meh at best. I get that you can’t have super dogs on the grey cup broadcast though. 

I have seen a few half time GC acts in my time.  The Black Eyed Peas in 2005 were pretty good.  The Guess Who in 2000 in Calgary weren't bad, despite Burton having to wear gloves to play the piano because it was so freaking cold.  In 2011 I skipped Nickelback's show to hang out with the Blue Bastard and drink beer.  I think the same thing happened in 2014 when I missed Imagine Dragons lol....that BB, what a guy.

Since freezing my ass off in 2000 in Calgary, I basically only go to Grey Cups in Vancouver now.  Now if Winnipeg is playing....I may break that rule.  Should have broken it in 2019...big mistake.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have seen a few half time GC acts in my time.  The Black Eyed Peas in 2005 were pretty good.  The Guess Who in 2000 in Calgary weren't bad, despite Burton having to wear gloves to play the piano because it was so freaking cold.  In 2011 I skipped Nickelback's show to hang out with the Blue Bastard and drink beer.  I think the same thing happened in 2014 when I missed Imagine Dragons lol....that BB, what a guy.

Since freezing my ass off in 2000 in Calgary, I basically only go to Grey Cups in Vancouver now.  Now if Winnipeg is playing....I may break that rule.  Should have broken it in 2019...big mistake.

Culturally I think the hip at half time was a big deal, and Gordon light foot was cool. Though they smushed in a few acts and I think the crowd booed bieber iirc lol. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Culturally I think the hip at half time was a big deal, and Gordon light foot was cool. Though they smushed in a few acts and I think the crowd booed bieber iirc lol. 

Yes the Justin Bieber Grey Cup game - the only game where viewership went up during half time and then dropped down again by the 3rd quarter due to the teenage girl audience tuning in lol...

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yes the Justin Bieber Grey Cup game - the only game where viewership went up during half time and then dropped down again by the 3rd quarter due to the teenage girl audience tuning in lol...

Such a shame not to just give the half time to lightfoot

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it's like as if you could read my mind...

What tale would your thoughts tell? 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The Bachman and Turner (couldn't call it Overdrive then) from about 10 years (??) ago was a really good one.

Legit wonder what ours will be now. 

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Fallout Boy's updated "We didn't start the fire" cover is pretty good.

Ifc Is It Though GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards ...

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

2025 will be Streetheart

Triple bill with Prism and Triumph....

Seriously though, Kenny Shields RIP....

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Wow, Noeller says we're getting Reklaws. 

I heard he's going to leave the radio business to manage the Reklaws full time.  Taking a big swing.