CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

0*ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn

Just beat me to it 

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

who they trying to kid??...thats a 12 month recovery to get to hopefully 100 percent...and in a younger athlete....with it usually you get Cartlidge damage, and can actually get some serious nerve and cell damage issues...to the point where a lot of times yo9u can incur cell death in the tissues of the leg...I'd be surprised if this isnt career ending....or when he tries to come back he just gonna be a lame sitting duck out there

I also know from seeing that injury before....from a teamate, that since he requires surgery then he had shifting of the bones so needs hardware to put things back in place and heal and takes a good half yr if not more to just walk like u did before....and thats before any football rehab....and that was on younger athlete...not s soon to be 40 yr old

See if they say he's done people might just stop coming to games etc etc. Can't have that.

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

who they trying to kid??...thats a 12 month recovery to get to hopefully 100 percent...and in a younger athlete....with it usually you get Cartlidge damage, and can actually get some serious nerve and cell damage issues...to the point where a lot of times yo9u can incur cell death in the tissues of the leg...I'd be surprised if this isnt career ending....or when he tries to come back he just gonna be a lame sitting duck out there

I also know from seeing that injury before....from a teamate, that since he requires surgery then he had shifting of the bones so needs hardware to put things back in place and heal and takes a good half yr if not more to just walk like u did before....and thats before any football rehab....and that was on younger athlete...not s soon to be 40 yr old

turn-out-the-5c3b25.jpg?w=584

As I said at Riderfans last night and got banned (😇) ... "this speeds up the firings" ...

32 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I believe you’re correct on $170k.

Not only is it a broken tibia, that was also a spiral injury. He won’t play again this season. I still think his career might be over.

Yeah sadly...I think u right

And when surgery is required with this type of injury..the recovery and return to play is significantly longer...and no guarantee u actually get back to where u were pre injury 

Lawler will open up the run game for Zach and the RB's, and the passing game for the rest of the receiving core. It's too bad that legal stuff hadn't have been cleared up before this season started. I honestly believe our team would have had a stronger, more consistent offence, which could have helped the defence to stay off the field more. Who knows, maybe we don't lose one or two of the games we have? 

elmo-shrug.gif

200.gif

Edited by IC Khari

13 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Lawler will open up the run game for Zach and the RB's, and the passing game for the rest of the receiving core. It's too bad that legal stuff hadn't have been cleared up before this season started. I honestly believe our team would have had a stronger, more consistent offence, which could have helped the defence to stay off the field more. Who knows, maybe we don't lose one or two of the games we have? 

elmo-shrug.gif

200.gif

whos to say after all this...and some guys coming back...we lose another...weirder things have occured

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

whos to say after all this...and some guys coming back...we lose another...weirder things have occured

01 bombers won 10 in a row after being 2-2 with back to back losses. But we would pack it in for the last two if we did have a win streak. If we righted the ship I could see 14-4, though one of those games is vs edm so I guess 15 wins is possible lol. 

56 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Another thing to consider in this first 6 games. Why do teams like the Argos get TWO byes and we get none. The team is tired and it showed on Saturday IMO ... 😡

william-shatner-yelling-that-is-so-stupi

again too. Every team should have a buy in each third of the season or with in 6 weeks have a 9/10 day gap week.  Large gaps between byes combined with short turn around games 4-5 days between and 3/10ish is a real problem with an 18 game schedule. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah...there is no logical reason some team have had 2 buys before another team has had even 1

But now, we’re going to be the ones benefitting from that shittie scheduling. 

While other teams are trudging through the rest of the season without a decent break, it will be our turn to start drinking the sweet water (Ritchie).

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost