CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Fine surpassed Harris total passing on his 8 passes in relief.  122 to 115.

Like I said...maybe a blessing in disguise as Harris wasnt/isn't the future and answer there...nor a guy to grab a team by the short and curlies and drag them across the finish line..never was...and wasn't gonna be there 

On the whole QB debate, the league is in a bad spot. 

2013 you had the emergence of BLM, while Ricky Ray, Henry Burris, Travis Lulay and Darren Durant were still going strong. Calvillo was in his final year. Plus you had Collaros, Reilly and Harris as young, up and coming back-ups or spot starters.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

2013 you had the emergence of BLM, while Ricky Ray, Henry Burris, Travis Lulay and Darren Durant were still going strong. Calvillo was in his final year. Plus you had Collaros, Reilly and Harris as young, up and coming back-ups or spot starters.

But in 10 yrs we could be talking about the ends start of the ends of ZC...BO's and and Harris careers...the midst of the avg Faj and Vaj times...and the arrival of the Crums.. Kelly's...some one else we don't know about yet..and the return of a Strev...who knows how this time pans out a decade from now

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

But in 10 yrs we could be talking about the ends start of the ends of ZC...BO's and and Harris careers...the midst of the avg Faj and Vaj times...and the arrival of the Crums.. Kelly's...some one else we don't know about yet..and the return of a Strev...who knows how this time pans out a decade from now

I sure hope so. Rourke could also potentially find his way back here.

Fine, Patterson, and Dolegala won’t be anything of significance for the Riders. 

Schiltz is who he is. Jake Maier… not anyone too exciting, but he’ll play.

Despite the league desperately wanting him to be, Taylor Cornelius isn’t a good QB.

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Burris re-emerged for a minute but had lost his job by then.  Lucky for him a 9th team showed up.  2013 was kind of it for Lulay and Durant.  Lulay injured in 13 and Durant started with the injuries in 14.  Reilly was coming up after a few years.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Burris re-emerged for a minute but had lost his job by then.  Lucky for him a 9th team showed up.  2013 was kind of it for Lulay and Durant.  Lulay injured in 13 and Durant started with the injuries in 14.  Reilly was coming up after a few years.

All true. I picked 2013 because it was 10 years ago, so awhile ago but not that long. I still argue QB is an issue in the CFL in 2023 and that you can point to many, many other times in the league history and find better overall QBs.

19 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Despite the league desperately wanting him to be, Taylor Cornelius isn’t a good QB.

Rourke would sign a contract similar to Mike Reilly me thinks

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

There may not be a CFL left in 10 years. Or at the very least the CFL we recognize now.

Just a comment & a question & I don't know where to put it... So, I'll put it here. I don't live in Winnipeg but we've got through a third of the season & we really don't see much of Kyle Walters in the media. At least from my vantage point in Calgary. Has he gone silent? Also, absolutely no word on whether or not Walters is even negotiating a new contract or if he evens wants to be here next year. Should we be concerned?

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Oh yea... forgot about him...yes him too

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just a comment & a question & I don't know where to put it... So, I'll put it here. I don't live in Winnipeg but we've got through a third of the season & we really don't see much of Kyle Walters in the media. At least from my vantage point in Calgary. Has he gone silent? Also, absolutely no word on whether or not Walters is even negotiating a new contract or if he evens wants to be here next year. Should we be concerned?

Walters is never in the media except off season free agency and draft. He has a job to do and is doing it, won’t be worried about his contract until the season is over. Likely hoping the league does away with the Operations Salary Cap and can get paid what the team wants too. 

10 hours ago, Nolby said:

Rourke would sign a contract similar to Mike Reilly me thinks

If he comes back this year he shouldn’t since he’s under contract this year to the Leo’s. If he hit the fa market he could get an even crazier deal. 
 That said I don’t think we see rourke any time soon. I’d say very little chance in the next 3 years. 
 Streveler is fairly likely in the next year or two imo. 
Does the league need to incentivize qb development some how? Do they need to raise the cap and create a qb cap so the position has a floor and an even higher cap to try and lure away more of the top none nfl guys? 
If not those things the league needs to do some thing. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

who they trying to kid??...thats a 12 month recovery to get to hopefully 100 percent...and in a younger athlete....with it usually you get Cartlidge damage, and can actually get some serious nerve and cell damage issues...to the point where a lot of times yo9u can incur cell death in the tissues of the leg...I'd be surprised if this isnt career ending....or when he tries to come back he just gonna be a lame sitting duck out there

I also know from seeing that injury before....from a teamate, that since he requires surgery then he had shifting of the bones so needs hardware to put things back in place and heal and takes a good half yr if not more to just walk like u did before....and thats before any football rehab....and that was on younger athlete...not s soon to be 40 yr old